Just making sure
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
I am having issues interfacing the TX with software. I am doing what manual says but it keeps linking, then un linking. I also tried windows XP compatibility mode and no dice.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
I miss my Wasp V4! I'm having WAY more problems with my 250 clone
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro View Post
I miss my Wasp V4! I'm having WAY more problems with my 250 clone
Hey! No Problem - I got another one for you with your name already on it!

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:56 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
Set up 0 pitch at mid stick in idle up tonight; much better but gain is way too low. Need to adjust software but can't link up
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I am having issues interfacing the TX with software. I am doing what manual says but it keeps linking, then un linking. I also tried windows XP compatibility mode and no dice.

Any ideas?
Factory has made several minor updates to the transmitter software and the firmware inside the eeprom chips on the circuit boards of the Tx. Your dealer is the first line of support; if you are having problems, maybe others have also problems and they may have a work around. You might (not likely) have a bad cable or plug - very unlikely but possible; more likely your software doesnt match the firmware version; open the software and check to see if you have a tab at the upper right that says: "Upgrade". Try upgrading the software; DO NOT try to upgrade the firmware UNITL you have a constant LINKED indication.

Other than these ideas we don't have much more to offer on this issue. Computer software support is simply next to impossible without having the computer in hand or having a professional remote into your computer and configure it remotely. There are so many variables and conflicts from other hardware and software and device drivers that make support of computer issues using email problematic- again check with your dealer.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Set up 0 pitch at mid stick in idle up tonight; much better but gain is way too low. Need to adjust software but can't link up
Changing the length of the connectors is ill advised. The pitch and throttle curve would take care of the mid stick settings for you; as you can see in the above photo charts, in the review, the idle up at mid point is about 80% and this is easy to remedy once you get the software to link up

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
It flew okay tonight; it has 13 degrees of positive pitch out of the box - way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Changing the length of the connectors is ill advised. The pitch and throttle curve would take care of the mid stick settings for you; as you can see in the above photo charts, in the review, the idle up at mid point is about 80% and this is easy to remedy once you get the software to link up

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
It flew okay tonight; it has 13 degrees of positive pitch out of the box - way too much
agreed. the book says about 11 degrees.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
Thanks for all the help

I got in the software, updated, linked and it's writing to TX.

Is the firmware update a good idea now?

I see what you mean by the software settings
I'll have to re adjust curves Ect

Mine is Chinglish version

I assume that (-) expo is actually softening around mid stick and not more aggressive like (-) is to specktrum

My logic is that it came stock with (-) expo which would be odd for stock settings

Also

The gyro was at 30 in normal and 25 in reverse. The heli seemed like it was in rate mode which would make sense via the settings in software.

I am assuming that reverse in the software is referring to idle up? Translation is off I think lol
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:47 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
Anyone?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:38 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Anyone?
I suggest you load in the X3V.ini file from the defaultsettings folder, making sure to pick either Mode 2 or Mode 1 depending on your peference. This way you can start from the factory settings for all the tabs ( or if you made changes and want to go back to the original factory settings) The reason I mention this is that you must make sure you press the write button after you load in a config file.

Here is my advice that has served me well for such situations on firmware upgrades. If it isn't broke don't fix it. I haven't upgraded the firmware on my personal Tx because I don't seem to have any issues.

The factory, will often get a slightly newer version the transmitter or the receiver unit with very minor changes to the chipset; then instead of changing out the complete Tx, it can just get a firmware upgrade. Also looking at the setup; I see no way of saving the older firmware settings; it is my policy that if I cannot go back to the original I don't upgrade unless everything else has failed

This is just my opinion and of course the final decision is up to you; however I haven't received a notice from the factory that the upgrade to the firmware is mandatory.on the Sky706V series

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,302 Posts
Fair enough

Thanks
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:50 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Skyartec will be releasing in the next months a independent 3 Axis Gyro that will work with any Radio System. I think you will see an amazingly low cost on this offering;
Max,
Is there any timetable on this since your last post? Also I work in Auburn Hills, would like to see your factory.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Max,
Is there any timetable on this since your last post? Also I work in Auburn Hills, would like to see your factory.
We did not have a shipment date yet for the stand alone 3 Axis Gyro, but will let everyone know when it is available here and at our website.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Site Sponsor