HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:49 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf1961 View Post
Hi Guys , can anyone tell me where you can buy the BNF version of X3V if possible? I need another of these birds.!
For Australia and New Zealand you can get them from Jeff at Silver Sky Hobby on eBay and from his online store Silver Sky Hobby.
He is the Australian Skyartec dealer.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:36 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Did someone tried another battery then the stock one ? satisfied ?
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Did someone tried another battery then the stock one ? satisfied ?
I had a bunch of 900 mah batteries for my DH9116's so I changed the connector on the Wasp to the jst type so that I could use them. Some advise not using the jst connectors because they won't handle the amperage. I haven't had a problem. The connectors don't even get warm, but I don't do 3D. If I pushed the heli hard it might be a different story.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:04 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Aileron

Now that I am more familiar with my X3V, I would like to increase the aileron response. I am not sure I understood NASA 701 Skyartec terminology. Does D/R is the travel length of the servo ( more % = more swashplate movement) ? Does EXP the Gyro sensitivity ( less % = less gyro neutralisation of the swashplate) ?
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Now that I am more familiar with my X3V, I would like to increase the aileron response. I am not sure I understood NASA 701 Skyartec terminology. Does D/R is the travel length of the servo ( more % = more swashplate movement) ? Does EXP the Gyro sensitivity ( less % = less gyro neutralisation of the swashplate) ?
Yes, D/R adjusts travel length. Exp adjusts sensitivity of the sticks near the center position, not gyro sensitivity. On the Sky 706 tx programming in higher positive numbers increases cyclic response closer to stick center position and vise versa. I assume that the NASA 701 is the same.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:00 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Yes, D/R adjusts travel length. Exp adjusts sensitivity of the sticks near the center position, not gyro sensitivity. On the Sky 706 tx programming in higher positive numbers increases cyclic response closer to stick center position and vise versa. I assume that the NASA 701 is the same.
Yes it is a bit confusing as in the RC world:

D/R stands for Dual Rates
EXP stands for Ex potential of the servo's which means the length of servo arm travel.

It throws you off a bit and can play tricks with your mind if you are used to the normal abbreviations that they stand for.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Mar 01, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2013, 09:25 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yes it is a bit confusing as in the RC world:

D/R stands for Dual Rates
EXP stands for Ex potential of the servo's which means the length of servo arm travel.

It throws you off a bit and can play tricks with your mind if you are used to the normal abbreviations that they stand for.
My X303V elev/aile. gyro stab. is set horizontal (middle) from Skyartec. I am ready for more response especially from the aileron. Did someone tried to reduced the gyro sensitivity ? Did someone tried to simply increase aileron D/R value ? What is the best way to start ?



p.s. Just bought 3 of those.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2013, 10:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2006
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
My X303V elev/aile. gyro stab. is set horizontal (middle) from Skyartec. I am ready for more response especially from the aileron. Did someone tried to reduced the gyro sensitivity ? Did someone tried to simply increase aileron D/R value ? What is the best way to start ?



p.s. Just bought 3 of those.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
There are two flight model on x303. Green light and red light.

If you want to more sensitive,you can increase DR and +EXP on green light.

or reduce DR/-EXP on red light.

Please don't adjust the gyro gain on the board until you can understand the 3 axis gain.

On the green ,software will try to help the user and keep the swashpalte stable via user sticker. It is a little like 6 axis gyro.

On the red light, software is only a flybar function. User control the helicopter by himseft. Software will not help to comeback the original place. It is a little like tail lock.
skyartec is online now Find More Posts by skyartec
Last edited by skyartec; Mar 01, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:43 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Yesterday I made my first crash. Disorientation + wind, my X3V looked like a snow ball. I only broke one linkage to the head . I will order a linkage kit and by the same time , to save on shipping cost, which parts do you suggest me to keep in reserve ? Which one are the best sellers ?
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Yesterday I made my first crash. Disorientation + wind, my X3V looked like a snow ball. I only broke one linkage to the head . I will order a linkage kit and by the same time , to save on shipping cost, which parts do you suggest me to keep in reserve ? Which one are the best sellers ?
It's just about a given that you will strip servo gears and ruin the one-way bearing. All it takes is blade contact with the ground while under power.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
Registered User
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Yesterday I made my first crash. Disorientation + wind, my X3V looked like a snow ball. I only broke one linkage to the head . I will order a linkage kit and by the same time , to save on shipping cost, which parts do you suggest me to keep in reserve ? Which one are the best sellers ?
I would keep at least one of each below. It will cost a bundle though. Every crash is different, so you may need different parts each time. Depends how hard the heli meets the ground, tree or fence

If you are good with tiny little gears, like you repair watches for a living, replacement servo gear sets are a good way to save some cash. Servos are reatively cheap but do get stripped quite often.

My first major crash was X3V vs wire fence and it fell about 20- 30 ft after impact.
Needs a main gear 008, pitch axis shaft 015, collective servo gearset or servo,
landing gear 007. The rotor blades survived with a few nicks that can be sanded smooth and the blades rebalanced.

Go to the Skayartec.com site, click on "products" tab and "spare parts" on the left column will lead you to the complete parts list.

WX3V-001 Tail rotor holder
WX3V-002 Tail rotor
WX3V-006 Tail pitch shifter set
WX3V-007 Landing gear
WX3V-008 Main gear set

WX3V-011 Rotor holder connector

WX3V-013 Tail gear set
WX3V-014 Main shaft(3X86)
WX3V-015 Pitch axis(3X30)
WX3V-016 Tail boom(8x235)

WX3V-017 Belt
WX3V-018 Stabilizer wing set
WX3V-021 Swag arm
WX3V-022 Screw pack
WX3V-023 Copper ball
WX3V-024 bearing
WX3V-025 bearing
WX3V-026 bearing
WX3V-027 Step bearing
WX3V-028 bearing
WX3V-029 One way bearing

WX3V-032 Mid-connector(CNC)
WX3V-033 Main rotor (grips)(CNC)
WX3V-034 Swash plate(CNC)
WX3V-035 Tail rotor frame set
WX3V-036 ABS Blades
WX3V-037 Canopy
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Last edited by easyrider604; Mar 02, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:33 PM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
I would by these parts from your local Dealer as the price would be cheaper then buying direct from Skyartec as I have found that my local Dealer is allot cheaper.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:49 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Thank you guys, $50 of reserve parts would be enough for now. Amongst other thing I ordered 3 servo gears set. From previous experiences with my F45 and V200D01 servos , I appreciate that they are available.

Eugene, you are lucky to have a local dealer but I don't. It is normal that you encourage him. Buying from China, for my Rc hobby only, is by far my best option regarding the prices, taxes and shipping cost. Last year, I placed more then 100 orders form China, mostly from Banggood, HobbyKing, Ebay and Aliexpress using Paypal most of the time, and I got zero problem except in few rare occasions, a broken article in shipping that was credited. I always can fly one of my other helicopters while waiting for the boat...

p.s. One of my friend bought a V911 RTF on the street in China for $16. I can get it from Banggood shipped for less then $40. For Christmas only, Future Shop, a big electronic seller in Canada, was offering the same V911, on a little different name, in a double size almost empty box, for $125 + 15% sales taxes : $145. Under these conditions, I would certainly find another hobby.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Last edited by fauconnier; Mar 03, 2013 at 08:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:16 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Thank you guys, $50 of reserve parts would be enough for now. Amongst other thing I ordered 3 servo gears set. From previous experiences with my F45 and V200D01 servos , I appreciate that they are available.

Eugene, you are lucky to have a local dealer but I don't. It is normal that you encourage him. Buying from China, for my Rc hobby only, is by far my best option regarding the prices, taxes and shipping cost. Last year, I placed more then 100 orders form China, mostly from Banggood, HobbyKing, Ebay and Aliexpress using Paypal most of the time, and I got zero problem except in few rare occasions, a broken article in shipping that was credited. I always can fly one of my other helicopters while waiting for the boat...

p.s. One of my friend bought a V911 RTF on the street in China for $16. I can get it from Banggood shipped for less then $40. For Christmas only, Future Shop, a big electronic seller in Canada, was offering the same V911, on a little different name, in a double size almost empty box, for $125 + 15% sales taxes : $145. Under these conditions, I would certainly find another hobby.
Hi fauconnier,
I was referring to the cost of the parts at Skyartec as you can get them allot cheaper at AliExpress, Banggood, Miracle Mart and Skyartec Dealers etc not the shipping.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:16 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Wales, Aberystwyth
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
Hi all,

Not quite new to skyartec (I have been flying a Ninja 400 for a while). My son has been flying his X3V for a few months now, without a single crash. Quite impressed by the heli. Until last Sunday...

The RX would not bind at all. I read the whole of this forum (quite a lot) and so discovered what the button on the RX (a 302V) is for. I pressed it and now the RX does pair with the TX.

Except that when I increase throttle (GEAR switch in down position), two of the servos go down, one goes up...

The swash plate moves as expected on aileron and elevator and when tilting the heli. It's only on the throttle that it doesn't move as expected.

I have checked all the settings, reset the TX, rechecked, all is OK. Still the swash plate doesn't move as expected.

What have I missed? Do I need to do anything on the RX? As far as I know the 302 is not programmable.

Cheers,

Fred
flabrosse is offline Find More Posts by flabrosse
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log My First CP Heli: WASP V3 by Skyartec bobepine Micro Helis 89 Dec 12, 2013 11:24 AM
New Product skyartec new flybarless video skyartec Micro Helis 5 Jul 20, 2012 12:52 AM
Discussion Skyartec wasp v3 MADLOO Electric Heli Talk 5 Feb 01, 2012 05:55 AM
Discussion Skyartec Wasp V4 Servo question andione1983 Electric Heli Talk 1 Nov 07, 2011 07:45 AM
FAQ How about SKYARTEC WASP-V1? ryu0215 Micro Helis 3 Aug 13, 2006 09:03 AM