HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
I would definitely be interested in a BNF version if it was reasonably priced. Got a NASA701 with my Nano CP.

C'mon Skyartec! BNF sells
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcCracken View Post
I would definitely be interested in a BNF version if it was reasonably priced. Got a NASA701 with my Nano CP.

C'mon Skyartec! BNF sells
Most all of the Skyartec Helicopters and Planes are available in either Tx-Ready or Radio Ready versions

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
Any idea when the X3V going to be bnf?
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:38 AM
Joined Dec 2008
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMcCracken View Post
Any idea when the X3V going to be bnf?
See my reply to your other post on this topic. Tx-Ready is like BNF in the Skyartec Product Line. You would supply your own Skyartec Sky706v or NASA701 Transmitter with a product that already has the receiver setup, in this case the Skyartec X303v Receiver.

BNF to other Radio Systems will not occur in the foreseeable future as the Skyartec Radio System is still proprietary

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Feb 08, 2013 at 01:14 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Dec 2008
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk_ho View Post
Can anyone tell me the Tx of wasp x3v be setted as mode 4?
We have already contacted HK_HO directly about this question. Yes the NASA701 can be programmed to be in Mode 1 through Mode 4. For Mode 2 and Mode 4 the throttle stick is on the left - vice versa for Mode 1 and Mode 3. Factory will ship in either Mode 1 or Mode 2. Then the user can program the transmitter themselves for Mode 3 or Mode 4

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:34 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yes this is correct.
Throttle hold on the left in the "on" position towards you and the Idle up switch on the right in the "up" position for standard flight always start it in this position and in the "down" position it is for for 3D flight at full throttle.

Once it has competed it's setup then flick the Throttle Hold switch up to fly.
Hi, how would you describe the transition from flying a F45 to the X3V. The step is too hight for me from the F45 to the 450 so my 450 is collecting dust. I don't want to repeat the same mistake. Thank you.

p.s. I am looking for a X3V RTF+Wasp100 BNF kit.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:08 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Hi, how would you describe the transition from flying a F45 to the X3V. The step is too hight for me from the F45 to the 450 so my 450 is collecting dust. I don't want to repeat the same mistake. Thank you.

p.s. I am looking for a X3V RTF+Wasp100 BNF kit.
Hi fauconnier,

To put it in a nutshell you will be fine it handles perfectly and it is very stable and can be flown slow or FFF response from the stick to the heli is virtually instantaneous.

IMO it is the best heli to learn on as well as the WASP Nano 100 Cp, the 3 axis gyro which is variable and can to be tailored to your liking is very stable and responsive for all types of flying.

I love it and the workmanship of their range of heli's and planes is impeccable not to mention their after sales service no kidding they are like having your local hobby shop on call, I know cos I have had problems when they changed over to the new X303V receiver and Max and Michael from Skyartec USA and China gave me 110% of their time and help to sort out the problem and get me back up and flying again, Michael even contacted me on Skype on a video link to sort it out now that is service and he sent me a programer for free to fix the receiver.

So get one you will love it.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Oct 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizgig View Post
hi fauconnier,

to put it in a nutshell you will be fine it handles perfectly and it is very stable and can be flown slow or fff response from the stick to the heli is virtually instantaneous.

Imo it is the best heli to learn on as well as the wasp nano 100 cp, the 3 axis gyro which is variable and can to be tailored to your liking is very stable and responsive for all types of flying.

I love it and the workmanship of their range of heli's and planes is impeccable not to mention their after sales service no kidding they are like having your local hobby shop on call, i know cos i have had problems when they changed over to the new x303v receiver and max and michael from skyartec usa and china gave me 110% of their time and help to sort out the problem and get me back up and flying again, michael even contacted me on skype on a video link to sort it out now that is service and he sent me a programer for free to fix the receiver.

+1_____
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Yes this is a little allen key type set screw. You will need a 1mm driver. It is a very tiny part. This rarely happens under normal flying. I have seen it occurr when a very slight "touch" of the tail rotor blades brush the ground, loosening the rotor holder on the shaft; then subsequent use causes the set screw to vibrate loose and pop out. Enlarging your picture, I can see the set screw in the hole. The head is easy to strip, so be sure you have the tip of the hex driver pressed completely into the head of the screw before you tighten it. Also note that there is a flat spot on the transmission shaft that the screw pushes against. The tip of the transmission shaft should be flush with the outside face of the metal tail rotor holder, but not protrude. Make sure you have the holder positioned over the flat spot before you cinch it down

Your vendor can supply a new one and might even have the Skyartec Driver Set with the proper sized hex driver.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com

Hi.... The saga continues. I got myself a hex set that has the right size for fixing the set screw on the tail rotor. But someone must not want me to fix this, because in moving the heli from the garage to the kitchen table, the screw disappeared.

All I need to know is, is the right screw required to fix this issue included in the WX3V-022 screw pack? If so I am going to have to buy one from somewhere. If not I'm this pack where can I get one. I am in the uk and had to send off to HK for a set of blades. Parts for this heli are rare in the uk...

If anyone can help me please. I am beginning to feels won't ever be flying again lol.

Thank you I'm advance
Hoverbug is offline Find More Posts by Hoverbug
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizgig View Post
hi fauconnier,

to put it in a nutshell you will be fine it handles perfectly and it is very stable and can be flown slow or fff response from the stick to the heli is virtually instantaneous.

Imo it is the best heli to learn on as well as the wasp nano 100 cp, the 3 axis gyro which is variable and can to be tailored to your liking is very stable and responsive for all types of flying.

I love it and the workmanship of their range of heli's and planes is impeccable not to mention their after sales service no kidding they are like having your local hobby shop on call, i know cos i have had problems when they changed over to the new x303v receiver and max and michael from skyartec usa and china gave me 110% of their time and help to sort out the problem and get me back up and flying again, michael even contacted me on skype on a video link to sort it out now that is service and he sent me a programer for free to fix the receiver.

+2
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:14 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,314 Posts
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverbug View Post
Hi.... The saga continues. I got myself a hex set that has the right size for fixing the set screw on the tail rotor. But someone must not want me to fix this, because in moving the heli from the garage to the kitchen table, the screw disappeared.

All I need to know is, is the right screw required to fix this issue included in the WX3V-022 screw pack? If so I am going to have to buy one from somewhere. If not I'm this pack where can I get one. I am in the uk and had to send off to HK for a set of blades. Parts for this heli are rare in the uk...

If anyone can help me please. I am beginning to feels won't ever be flying again lol.

Thank you I'm advance
Yes it's included. Actually you get about five of them.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Yes it's included. Actually you get about five of them.
Not in my packet. I got about 7 screws all together. None are the screw I need. I am not too technically minded but they don't fit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Still need help please.
Hoverbug is offline Find More Posts by Hoverbug
Last edited by Hoverbug; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:47 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,040 Posts
Glad to hear there are people who like Skyartec helis (and planes). The X3V is a lot of heli for the money. I am using mine as trainers, for now. I hope they survive my learning phase, or at least for another couple of months until the Wasp CP Nanos arrive.

Even standing still on the shelf canopy off, the X3V looks so pretty.

With everything going for it like price, looks, quality and customer support, I am wondering why the X3V (or Skyartec products for that matter) is/are not as popular are the other heli types or brands.

Any thoughts?

Another thing, does anyone know anything about the WASP X3S?

From what I can see in the Skyartec website, at first glace it looks similar to the X3V but has a different frame, and it uses plastic parts like the swash plate and rotor blade holders. It seems to be more closely related to the X3 than the X3V, based on parts interchangeability.

I am curious because the X3S is 20-25% cheaper than the X3V. It could be a good heli if the plastic parts are as durable as or better than the CNC aluminum ones on the X3V.
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:02 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604 View Post
Glad to hear there are people who like Skyartec helis (and planes). The X3V is a lot of heli for the money. I am using mine as trainers, for now. I hope they survive my learning phase, or at least for another couple of months until the Wasp CP Nanos arrive.

Even standing still on the shelf canopy off, the X3V looks so pretty.

With everything going for it like price, looks, quality and customer support, I am wondering why the X3V (or Skyartec products for that matter) is/are not as popular are the other heli types or brands.

Any thoughts?

I am curious because the X3S is 20-25% cheaper than the X3V. It could be a good heli if the plastic parts are as durable as or better than the CNC aluminum ones on the X3V.

Another thing, does anyone know anything about the WASP X3S?

From what I can see in the Skyartec website, at first glace it looks similar to the X3V but has a different frame, and it uses plastic parts like the swash plate and rotor blade holders. It seems to be more closely related to the X3 than the X3V, based on parts interchangeability.
As far as I can tell it is a sport flying model of the X3.

They are popular here in Australia but mainly the Cessna 182 which I have I also have the Nano 100 Cp as well But I am having problems with it and Michael will be helping me sort that out soon after the holidays.
I think the main problem is that they are not readily available in hobby shops and no advertizing doesn't help ether.
The dealer here Silver Sky Hobby has a forum on his page but it isn't looked after and the last post was in 2011, I have asked him that if he needs help getting it back up and running I would do it for him for free but I don't think he is to bothered with it which is a shame.
Thats my thoughts anyway.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:36 AM
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Levin
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Can anyone tell wheather the X3V Tx , Rx. combination is safe to use with other park flyers using similar Tx,Rx. gear. Or is there the possibility of other people's Tx effecting the wrong model. ?
Peterf1961 is offline Find More Posts by Peterf1961