SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,479 Posts
A word about Parkflying

The other day I sent a message to Parkflying asking about some details on the Sky706 rx. I received a response in record time and from my question Max obviously surmised that I wanted to use the rx for a project. He asked about it's intended usage and I responded with my plans.

He almost immediately responded and told me that he didn't think the Sky 706 rx and gyro would work for what I had planned.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Max is a great, helpful guy that does his best for us. He gave up a sale rather than have me spend money on something that he thought wouldn't work. Just want to say publicly, Thanks Max!
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:50 AM
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Levin
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Can someone confirm that for the Nasa701 tx before turning on and connecting heli to battery ,that the left throttle hold switch needs to be in the 'ON' position ie leaning towards you.? Then connect batt/heli and wait until initialisation music is finished and flick throttle hold away from you ie to off position ready to spooling up . Correct ?
Peterf1961 is offline Find More Posts by Peterf1961
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:58 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf1961 View Post
Can someone confirm that for the Nasa701 tx before turning on and connecting heli to battery ,that the left throttle hold switch needs to be in the 'ON' position ie leaning towards you.? Then connect batt/heli and wait until initialisation music is finished and flick throttle hold away from you ie to off position ready to spooling up . Correct ?
Yes this is correct.
Throttle hold on the left in the "on" position towards you and the Idle up switch on the right in the "up" position for standard flight always start it in this position and in the "down" position it is for for 3D flight at full throttle.

Once it has competed it's setup then flick the Throttle Hold switch up to fly.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:08 AM
Heli Fever
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Can anyone tell me the Tx of wasp x3v be setted as mode 4?
hk_ho is offline Find More Posts by hk_ho
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:58 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
This looks pretty cool, I already have a Skyartec Wasp Nano on the way so I will have a transmitter soon, does anybody know if this heli is available in a bnf-version for a even lower price?
(with shipping to Sweden)
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:10 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
This looks pretty cool, I already have a Skyartec Wasp Nano on the way so I will have a transmitter soon, does anybody know if this heli is available in a bnf-version for a even lower price?
(with shipping to Sweden)
The factory sells BNF (binds to Skyartec tx only) so there must be dealers who do have them. Not speaking for Max, but I read one of his threads where he could make an RTF kit a BNF.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:50 PM
New Zealand, Manawatu-Wanganui, Levin
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Got my X3V few days ago checked it over and all good . An absolute pleasure to fly , altered the Expo on the Tx so its not so ' dull ' around centre stick for cyclic. SO easy to fly compared to V922 ( my first cp heli) recommend it to anyone , very affordable and looks like reasonably well built too, ps you can also programme the Tx.
Peterf1961 is offline Find More Posts by Peterf1961
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:50 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Tx Ready Versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider604 View Post
The factory sells BNF (binds to Skyartec tx only) so there must be dealers who do have them. Not speaking for Max, but I read one of his threads where he could make an RTF kit a BNF.
Yes we have the X3, X3v and NanoCP available in complete sets that are Skyartec Tx Ready.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
tail rotor stopped spinning.

Good day everyone,

I was flying my wasp x3v today about 6 inches off the ground with training gear on and suddenly the heli started spinning violently. I got the thing down (just) and examined it.

I checked the drive belt was attached and still turned when the main rotor was turning; it was.

I checked the shaft that runs off the belt was turning; it was.

Then I noticed that the shaft was just spinning in the tail rotor and the shaft had become detached (see picture), in essence the shaft spins fine but it isnt connected to the tail rotor assembly anymore. The whole thing slides up and down the drive shaft. What's gone wrong?

Can someone tell me what has broken or is this an internal failure. How do I fix or do I return it to the company that sold it.

Please help. I love my little wasp. Thank you in advance!
Hoverbug is offline Find More Posts by Hoverbug
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,479 Posts
Set screw loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverbug View Post
Good day everyone,

I was flying my wasp x3v today about 6 inches off the ground with training gear on and suddenly the heli started spinning violently. I got the thing down (just) and examined it.

I checked the drive belt was attached and still turned when the main rotor was turning; it was.

I checked the shaft that runs off the belt was turning; it was.

Then I noticed that the shaft was just spinning in the tail rotor and the shaft had become detached (see picture), in essence the shaft spins fine but it isnt connected to the tail rotor assembly anymore. The whole thing slides up and down the drive shaft. What's gone wrong?

Can someone tell me what has broken or is this an internal failure. How do I fix or do I return it to the company that sold it.

Please help. I love my little wasp. Thank you in advance!
If you look closely at the metal piece that the tail rotor holders are attached to you'll see a little set screw that tightens that piece to the tail shaft. That setscrew either loosened up or is missing. It's a common problem: happened to me also. I drilled the hole out and tapped it for a larger screw that can be tightened down better.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:38 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
If you look closely at the metal piece that the tail rotor holders are attached to you'll see a little set screw that tightens that piece to the tail shaft. That setscrew either loosened up or is missing. It's a common problem: happened to me also. I drilled the hole out and tapped it for a larger screw that can be tightened down better.
Good catch there Pa flyer, I was looking at it for about 5 min scratching the old noggin and didn't even think about the set screw.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Tail rotor issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the post. I now see where the issue is.

If you look at the picture, there is something in the "hole" that holds the rotor unit to the shaft but it isn't a screw. If it is, the head has broken off. Or is it an allen key type screw thingy? If so, where is my allen key lol.

In this picture the unit is off the shaft so in theory you should be able to see fresh air?

This is only 3 weeks old and hasn't been abused. Surely this is something I should be taking up with the vendor as it has hardly been used?

Many many thanks.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:15 AM
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Tail Rotor Holder Set Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverbug View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the post. I now see where the issue is.

If you look at the picture, there is something in the "hole" that holds the rotor unit to the shaft but it isn't a screw. If it is, the head has broken off. Or is it an allen key type screw thingy? If so, where is my allen key lol.

In this picture the unit is off the shaft so in theory you should be able to see fresh air?

This is only 3 weeks old and hasn't been abused. Surely this is something I should be taking up with the vendor as it has hardly been used?

Many many thanks.
Yes this is a little allen key type set screw. You will need a 1mm driver. It is a very tiny part. This rarely happens under normal flying. I have seen it occurr when a very slight "touch" of the tail rotor blades brush the ground, loosening the rotor holder on the shaft; then subsequent use causes the set screw to vibrate loose and pop out. Enlarging your picture, I can see the set screw in the hole. The head is easy to strip, so be sure you have the tip of the hex driver pressed completely into the head of the screw before you tighten it. Also note that there is a flat spot on the transmission shaft that the screw pushes against. The tip of the transmission shaft should be flush with the outside face of the metal tail rotor holder, but not protrude. Make sure you have the holder positioned over the flat spot before you cinch it down

Your vendor can supply a new one and might even have the Skyartec Driver Set with the proper sized hex driver.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Feb 07, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Dec 2008
970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
Not as common a problem as you suggest. This rarely happens under normal flying. I have seen it occurr when a very slight "touch" of the tail rotor blades brush the ground, loosening the rotor holder on the shaft; then subsequent use causes the set screw to vibrate loose and pop out.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Not as common a problem as you suggest. This rarely happens under normal flying. I have seen it occurr when a very slight "touch" of the tail rotor blades brush the ground, loosening the rotor holder on the shaft; then subsequent use causes the set screw to vibrate loose and pop out.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Hi.

I must be unlucky, as the rear rotor hasn't touched or collided with the ground (as yet). They have trimmed a few blades of grass at take off as I take off on grass. Maybe it had been working loose for a while or was not screwed in properly in the first place.

The main blades, well, that is a completely different story as the blades will testify.

Thank you for the help and advice to get her back into shape.

Happy flying out there.