Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:40 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
X303v Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Hi Kramrec,

When you get your 303 gyro make sure you bench test it first as mine was not programed with the new ver 1.1 firmware and it kept slowly jamming the swash plate against the main shaft.
If it dose this you will have to get the programmer for it and update the firmware.
Kramrec, Whizgig et al

Belay that order. The firmware rev 1.1 does not fix the issue you experienced. Whizgig: the OEM replacement packaged X303v receiver does not come programmed. As the proper Servo Reverse Settings were not programmed into the Rx you received, your servos pushed forward instead of pulling back. It does need to be programmed for the X3v or X3s version per the settings shown in the graphics below.

Kramrec: have your chinese dealer program the receiver for you, else YOU will need a programmer unit to properly set the servo settings for the X3v.
Upload and install the firmware rev 1.1 with caution; updating computer firmware is risky; if your computer locks up or if the system fails in anyway during the upgrade, you might find your receiver will not function. The firmware has small corrections that most users will simply not need or see any benefit from. I believe in the concept, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". According to the factory the rev 1.1 is a upgrade to the flight mode stablization system.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:51 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Advanced Feature of X303v Receiver

Quote:
Hi Kramrec,

When you get your 303 gyro make sure you bench test it first as mine was not programed with the new ver 1.1 firmware and it kept slowly jamming the swash plate against the main shaft.
If it dose this you will have to get the programmer for it and update the firmware.
Many users of the newest X303v Receiver might not realize that is has two flight modes. When the receiver binds to the transmitter, it will show a solid colored light. Green is Novice, most stable mode. Red is advanced flight mode allowing more control for 3D and Inverted Flying. You toggle from one to the other by holding the little bind button on the receiver (below antenna) down for about 5 seconds. Change the mode on the receiver and the Red will turn to Green or vice versa.
This design improvement replaces adjustment of the tiny white agility dial on previous versions.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Many users of the newest X303v Receiver might not realize that is has two flight modes. When the receiver binds to the transmitter, it will show a solid colored light. Green is Novice, most stable mode. Red is advanced flight mode allowing more control for 3D and Inverted Flying. You toggle from one to the other by holding the little bind button on the receiver (below antenna) down for about 5 seconds. Change the mode on the receiver and the Red will turn to Green or vice versa.
This design improvement replaces adjustment of the tiny white agility dial on previous versions.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Thanks Max I forgot to add that in yes it needs to be programed to the right settings for the X3V that you have as pictured above in Max's post, the first one is for the X3v and the second one is for the X3s.

If your dealer has already sent your X303V Rx
You can get the programming software here
You can get the Firmware here
You can get the programmer part no: HS046-1 from here or ask Max if he has them in stock.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
X303v Receiver and 3 Axis Device Programmer

Quote:
Thanks Max I forgot to add that in yes it needs to be programed to the right settings for the X3V that you have as pictured above in Max's post, the first one is for the X3v and the second one is for the X3s.

If your dealer has already sent your X303V Rx
You can get the programming software here
You can get the Firmware here
You can get the programmer part no: HS046-1 from here or ask Max if he has them in stock.
If you are in the USA you can get the programmer part no: HS046-1 from HERE

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Newbie to wasp x3v

Hi all. Just got my new wasp x3v today. Having learned on various coaxial copters I graduated to a nine eagles sx and now on to a real bird ( or at least as real as I can handle).

I have two frustrations though .

First I find it virtually impossible to change the batteries.. Am I supposed to take the canopy off each time, and the elastic part keeps interfering with the main motor. Can any of you wonderful people give me some tips or even a link to changing the battery for dummies book.?

Secondly, I bought a training set for the copter but the esky set I have seems to not want to fit on the skids. So I guess I am reaching out for more help with this.

Thank you so much.
Hoverbug is offline Find More Posts by Hoverbug
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,613 Posts
Welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverbug View Post
Hi all. Just got my new wasp x3v today. Having learned on various coaxial copters I graduated to a nine eagles sx and now on to a real bird ( or at least as real as I can handle).

First I find it virtually impossible to change the batteries.. Am I supposed to take the canopy off each time, and the elastic part keeps interfering with the main motor. Can any of you wonderful people give me some tips or even a link to changing the battery for dummies book.?

Secondly, I bought a training set for the copter but the esky set I have seems to not want to fit on the skids. So I guess I am reaching out for more help with this.

Thank you so much.
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the canopy has to come off each time to change the battery. On the bottom of the main frame are two little hooks that the elastic is supposed to attach to, to keep it away from the motor.

I cut the grommets out of the canopy and cut the elastic band off to make changing batteries easier. The canopy still stays on OK.

Most training gear just zip ties to the skids so what you have should work.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:

Thank you so much.
Elastic on Canopy hooks over the two hooks just in front of the leading edge of the Landing gear; this pulls canopy down and the elastic stretches away from the motor.
While the Velcro Pads are nice, we like to hold the battery in place using a rubber band. Wind the rubber band tightly around the body of the battery and then slide the flat battery holder between the rubber band and the battery. Yes the canopy needs to come off to change the battery.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com

\
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Thanks for the quick help

Thanks all. It's a lot easier when you know how lol. Now to go and see if I can attach the training kit with ties.

Once again thank you... It's an awesome helicopter...not too big not too small and sooooooo stable, I never thought it would be that good.
Hoverbug is offline Find More Posts by Hoverbug
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:57 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Thanks

Whizgig,
Thanks for the shout, my dealer claims the latest 303 he's sending me has the very newest software installed. Yes, I plan to check it carefully.
kramrec is offline Find More Posts by kramrec
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:35 PM
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
Hello,could Max or someone give me some guidance please.I have just rebuilt my heli with new skyartec servos,tailboom blades and few other bits and i must have changed something in the TX because servos are not moving correctly to stick inputs.When i have checked all setting s in TX they seem ok apart from when i press name it is saying C1 with a picture of a plane i think it is supposed to be set to +4 with picture of heli. I have tried to follow instructions on skyartec website but for changing and saving but find them hard to follow, think it is called file4 for the x3v but cannot get settings to save .i have model set to 6 just wondering if someone could write an easy to follow guide for name setting and when to use the sliding switches on side which they call ears.
And lastly im trying to set up tail servo and get rear blades correct. Should the blades be set straight with no pitch either way when rudder stick is in the middle?

Ok hopefully these questions make sense to somebody your help will be greatly appreciated as im pretty lost on getting this flying again
Jamie6662 is offline Find More Posts by Jamie6662
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:34 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie6662 View Post
Hello,could Max or someone give me some guidance please.I have just rebuilt my heli with new skyartec servos,tailboom blades and few other bits and i must have changed something in the TX because servos are not moving correctly to stick inputs.When i have checked all setting s in TX they seem ok apart from when i press name it is saying C1 with a picture of a plane i think it is supposed to be set to +4 with picture of heli. I have tried to follow instructions on skyartec website but for changing and saving but find them hard to follow, think it is called file4 for the x3v but cannot get settings to save .i have model set to 6 just wondering if someone could write an easy to follow guide for name setting and when to use the sliding switches on side which they call ears.
And lastly im trying to set up tail servo and get rear blades correct. Should the blades be set straight with no pitch either way when rudder stick is in the middle?

Ok hopefully these questions make sense to somebody your help will be greatly appreciated as im pretty lost on getting this flying again
What helicopter are you setting up for? X3V FBL or X3S FBL or V3 or V4 or Ninja 400 or for Ninja 250 or for Nano CP ? (FBL = Flybarless)
What transmitter? Sounds like you have the NASA701.

If you have the NASA701 AND you have the X3V FBL Then yes you should be on Name: 4 (showing helicopter) and then choose the menu model number 6. There is no file you need to load into the NASA701; those are for the Sky706 Transmitter

If you have the X3v Manual (if not download it from Skyartec.com downloads) pages 12 through 15 show step by step setup. On page 16 it shows how to reset everything to factory defaults. The manual has a picture for each step and is easy to follow; listing the steps here would be redundent when they are shown in the X3v manual so well.

The tail rotor blades should be near neutral or center as possible. You can slide the tail servo holder forward or back to adjust the position of the blades. This assumes the servo is at neutal or centered and the arm is 90 degrees from the servo body as shown in the manual.

The "ears" or side levers are used for other controls like flaps or accessory channels mostly on planes but could be used for lights and other options and are not used for the helicopter models

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Jan 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:51 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramrec View Post
Whizgig,
Thanks for the shout, my dealer claims the latest 303 he's sending me has the very newest software installed. Yes, I plan to check it carefully.
As THE North American Factory Authorized Distributor I can assure you that if the Rx comes sealed in the Static Proof Bag AND does not have a white dot label on the bottom of the Rx marked "X3v", is is doubtful it is configured for the X3v - However the dealer may have configured it and uploaded the rev 1.1 for you. I guess you will just have to wait and see.
I can speak with authority, that the Factory Sealed OEM packages of the X303v receiver set do not come programmed or with the rev 1.1 as of the last 10 days. I hope your dealer did the setup for you.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:59 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Attaching the Training Kit

Quote:

Thanks all. It's a lot easier when you know how lol. Now to go and see if I can attach the training kit with ties.

Once again thank you... It's an awesome helicopter...not too big not too small and sooooooo stable, I never thought it would be that good.
Here are the pictures from our posting for this product from our website, showing the mounting of the training gear. These are on the V3 helicopter but the method is the same for the other models.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Central Coast
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
Thanks for reply Max, sorry yes it is X3V FBL with NASA 701.
I have followed the steps in the X3V manual exactly as it said which is very straightforward but as soon as i go back into the menu and then back into name it has gone back to picture of plane with C1. If i put left ear switch up it then shows a plane and 4. I have also tried using the download manual just for the NASA701 which mentions using the left ear whilst entering settings and seems more complicated than the X3V manual version of settings, ive also tried what it says there but it just wont save the setting.Wondering if TX maybe faulty.
Jamie6662 is offline Find More Posts by Jamie6662
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:20 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
As THE North American Factory Authorized Distributor I can assure you that if the Rx comes sealed in the Static Proof Bag AND does not have a white dot label on the bottom of the Rx marked "X3v", is is doubtful it is configured for the X3v - However the dealer may have configured it and uploaded the rev 1.1 for you. I guess you will just have to wait and see.
I can speak with authority, that the Factory Sealed OEM packages of the X303v receiver set do not come programmed or with the rev 1.1 as of the last 10 days. I hope your dealer did the setup for you.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Yes Max that is 100% correct if it is in a sealed antistatic bag from the factory as I received mine it is not programed and you will need the programmer to program it as Max has stated.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig