HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:23 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec View Post
1.X303V is programable and upgraded gyro board,so you need to program x303v for x3v. (I am not sure if it is x3s or x3v)

2,x3v momery is 4,but not 6

SYSTEM software

http://www.skyartec.com/Download.asp...TEM%20software
Yep thanks for that but I don't have the programer

And Blue Sky Hobby's doesn't have any on their web page.

The heli is the X3 V

Ok All fixed the Tx was set at the wrong Name it was set at Model Heli :6 and name Heli :6 instead of Model Heli :6 and Name Heli +4 so I loaded that and then did a factory reset and now it works but I still need to update the X303V firmwhere so where can I get a programing unit from?

Alas nope it's not fixed it worked for a few minutes and then did the same thing again.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Jan 05, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:01 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyartec View Post
1.X303V is programable and upgraded gyro board,so you need to program x303v for x3v. (I am not sure if it is x3s or x3v)

2,x3v momery is 4,but not 6

SYSTEM software

http://www.skyartec.com/Download.asp...TEM%20software
Skyartec poster here is the director of Skyartec. James, the director is a great and personal friend of mine and we have spent many hundreds of hours together working on Skyartec Products. However, now you can see why he has asked me to help with the responses to the postings. He is a brilliant engineer, but we still have a little work to do on his expressive English ( although his English is better than my Chinese )

Yes you will need the PC Connect Programmer item: HS046-1 (previous versions of this Programmer will not work)

If your dealer does not stock it then order it from the factory at : www.skyartec.com since you are more near China then us in the USA.

Attached are the settings for the X3V and the newer plastic head X3S

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Jan 05, 2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:07 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Skyartec poster here is the director of Skyartec. James, the director is a great and personal friend of mine and we have spent many hundreds of hours together working on Skyartec Products. However, now you can see why he has asked me to help with the responses to the postings. He is a brilliant engineer, but we still have a little work to do on his expressive English ( although his English is better than my Chinese )

Yes you will need the PC Connect Programmer item: HS046-1 (previous versions of this Programmer will not work)

If your dealer does not stock it then order it from the factory at : www.skyartec.com since you are more near China then us in the USA.

Attached are the settings for the X3V and the newer plastic head X3S

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Thanks Max.

This has been a painful journey I will ask Jeffry at BS Hobby's if he has one in stock that he hasn't listed due to the rush of the holiday's and if not it will be a long wait of over 30 days to get one from china as I am still waiting on an order from them that I got on the 12/11/2012.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:18 AM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Questions

Max,
Referencing the above info, does this relate to the 706 TX only?
I have a NASA701 and it appears to work OK. I have not actually flown yet, but bench testing seems to be as it should be.
Secondly, referencing the tail aluminum side plates, two questions.
1. Is there a problem with the plastic units on my new X3V?
2. Regarding the description on that post, what does POM mean. I know what CNC means, but not POM in this usage. Could you explain?
Thanks
kramrec is offline Find More Posts by kramrec
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:27 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramrec View Post
Max,
Referencing the above info, does this relate to the 706 TX only?
I have a NASA701 and it appears to work OK. I have not actually flown yet, but bench testing seems to be as it should be.
Secondly, referencing the tail aluminum side plates, two questions.
1. Is there a problem with the plastic units on my new X3V?
2. Regarding the description on that post, what does POM mean. I know what CNC means, but not POM in this usage. Could you explain?
Thanks
I have the NASA701 Ver 02,02 and the new NASA701 Ver 02,03 which I got with my Cessna 182 and I am having the same problem with both of them as this is a replacement X303V gyro as mine came with the older X302V gyro that stopped working and it hasn't had the firmware and software updated where as yours would have been done a the factory.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Nasa701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I have the NASA701 Ver 02,02 and the new NASA701 Ver 02,03 which I got with my Cessna 182 and I am having the same problem with both of them as this is a replacement X303V gyro as mine came with the older X302V gyro that stopped working and it hasn't had the firmware and software updated where as yours would have been done a the factory.
Yes, mine may have been done at the factory, but mine came with the 302 RX, not the later 303.
Based on my serial number, I did see a brief hover by a tech who probably does this day in and day out.
My servo and agility pot settings came roughly set at 3:00. Not knowing what to expect, I gave it a try and the breeze took it to the left. I put it down, but it rolled on it's side and would not shut off causing the motor to destroy the one-way bearing, which I think is the driving mechanisiam because I did not find any other way the main shaft was driven. There's a hole in it, but no drive pin and no place for it to fit or to assemble a pin in it anyway.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,488 Posts
Re: One way bearing

re: One way bearing
Quote:
Yes, mine may have been done at the factory, but mine came with the 302 RX, not the later 303.
Based on my serial number, I did see a brief hover by a tech who probably does this day in and day out.
My servo and agility pot settings came roughly set at 3:00. Not knowing what to expect, I gave it a try and the breeze took it to the left. I put it down, but it rolled on it's side and would not shut off causing the motor to destroy the one-way bearing, which I think is the driving mechanisiam because I did not find any other way the main shaft was driven. There's a hole in it, but no drive pin and no place for it to fit or to assemble a pin in it anyway.
The one way bearing is the driving mechanism and it's pretty darn fragile. I went through two of them before making an aluminum bushing to replace it and the bearing above it in the main gear. I use a set screw through the bushing to secure it to the main shaft. Of course it won't auto-rotate now but according to Bair14 a 250 class heli won't auto-rotate anyway.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
One -way

Pa Flyer,
Thanks for the confirmation on the one-way being the shaft driver. I once saw a one-way used in a mechanism that was really rugged, the whole devise being made of stainless where weight wasn't an issue.
I may end up going your route of a bushing too. I'm a retired toolmaker and don't have access to a lathe as I once did, but I'm always looking for an excuse to get a bench top unit such as the Grizzly or one like it. So far, every time I've needed a special fitting, I've been able to use my drill press to fab it.I've been lucky that a re-design and/or clever innovation or adaption has saved me many times so far.
BTW, what were the screw settings you finally ended up with with agility and sensitivity?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,488 Posts
Re: RX settings

Quote:
Pa Flyer,
Thanks for the confirmation on the one-way being the shaft driver. I once saw a one-way used in a mechanism that was really rugged, the whole devise being made of stainless where weight wasn't an issue.
I may end up going your route of a bushing too. I'm a retired toolmaker and don't have access to a lathe as I once did, but I'm always looking for an excuse to get a bench top unit such as the Grizzly or one like it. So far, every time I've needed a special fitting, I've been able to use my drill press to fab it.I've been lucky that a re-design and/or clever innovation or adaption has saved me many times so far.
BTW, what were the screw settings you finally ended up with with agility and sensitivity?
I have both settings at about 2 o'clock. I also played around with the TX settings for D/R and EXP. I have them at 30 and 35 respectively for ELE and AIL. I didn't change the gyro setting. I have the Sky 706 TX. I don't know if the NASA settings have the same values.

These settings make it much more responsive: maybe too much so for most new flyers unless they're experienced, which, by the way I'm not! (Experienced, that is!)

PS- I don't think you'd ever regret getting a small lathe. Especially, in this hobby you'll find it handy and used more often than you think it would be.
Last edited by Pa flyer; Jan 07, 2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: more info
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:54 AM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
I have both settings at about 2 o'clock. I also played around with the TX settings for D/R and EXP. I have them at 30 and 35 respectively for ELE and AIL. I didn't change the gyro setting. I have the Sky 706 TX. I don't know if the NASA settings have the same values.

These settings make it much more responsive: maybe too much so for most new flyers unless they're experienced, which, by the way I'm not! (Experienced, that is!)

PS- I don't think you'd ever regret getting a small lathe. Especially, in this hobby you'll find it handy and used more often than you think it would be.
If you use x302v gyro board.

It has two switch, the up one is for gyro. It is about 50% .
The down switch is for sensitive. For beginer you need to push it to the left side.
skyartec is offline Find More Posts by skyartec
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Main gear connection

Pa Flyer
Thanks for the info on the settings, I'm about at the same places.
I was wondering what sort of connection you made between your bushing and the main gear. I know you use a set screw from the bushing to the shaft, but what about the bushing to the main gear. There's very little room in that area as you know.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:03 AM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2002
147 Posts
Just made a short flight outside this morning with the X3V, as the wind finally calmed down. This heli is such a pleasure to fly!
Although I was a bit skeptical about the abs blades, they perform very well on this heli.
Well, I'm not a pro either but for flying around, it's just great!
I also tried a Zippy 2S 850 mah pack from Hobbyking. It is exactly the same weight and dimensions as the original one and it feels like it delivers slightly more power.
Just the plug to change, although the bec plug can connect to the Skyartec one.
Got a buddy code from HK for this pack:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...D-CFD0B6AB8337
I think it is still valid.
Jeff
JeffT is offline Find More Posts by JeffT
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:11 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,488 Posts
Easy

Quote:
Pa Flyer
Thanks for the info on the settings, I'm about at the same places.
I was wondering what sort of connection you made between your bushing and the main gear. I know you use a set screw from the bushing to the shaft, but what about the bushing to the main gear. There's very little room in that area as you know.
The bushing is just a tight press fit into the main gear. I drilled through the main gear to gain access to the bushing and thread it. The set screw is right over the unused hole in the main shaft which helps it hold and keep from slipping from the torque.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
18 Posts
Press fit

Pa Flyer,
Got the press fit method. I'm now wondering about that hole in the main shaft. Obviously, the main shaft must be used in other models with cross pins/bolts.
I ordered new main shafts as spares and the holes are there too.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,488 Posts
Re: main shafts

Quote:
Pa Flyer,
Got the press fit method. I'm now wondering about that hole in the main shaft. Obviously, the main shaft must be used in other models with cross pins/bolts.
I ordered new main shafts as spares and the holes are there too.
Those main shafts are hardened and brittle. I tried drilling out the top-most hole with a 1/16" drill in order to use a bigger screw to hold the head on. All I managed to do was break the top of the shaft off above the hole. Just a heads up in case you thought about drilling it out and using a cross pin instead of a set screw.