HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Oct 2007
164 Posts
Do you know what's different with the new X303V receiver?
robins22 is offline Find More Posts by robins22
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:08 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robins22 View Post
Do you know what's different with the new X303V receiver?
This is the updated version to the original FBL Receiver/3 axis gyro unit the X302V. This version can be programmed using your computer and an optional connection unit

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:57 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
Maybe they are thinking you have the newest receiver, the GY3-05 - SKY-X303V.
You might be better off working with your dealer on a warranty replacement or repair. If you continue to work with the factory, explain to them you have the GY3-02 receiver.
They are simply trying to provide you with the same information and instructions we provided to you here. If your receiver will not bind to the transmitter there is an issue that needs to be addressed. The Rx or the Tx or both are not functioning correctly. Sounds like you will need to get them replaced from the dealer or the factory.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Thanks Max I was wondering why they were saying about Green lights

I have done them a Video as they have requested and passed on the info about the Rx that you have provided, as for the Dealer he said that I would have to do Warranty claims directly with Skyartec.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,616 Posts
But what does it do?

Quote:
This is the updated version to the original FBL Receiver/3 axis gyro unit the X302V. This version can be programmed using your computer and an optional connection unit

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
What exactly would you program in the new rx that couldn't be done with the potentiometer screws on the X302V? And if it is a big improvement will it be available separately as a retrofit? Thanks.
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:37 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa flyer View Post
What exactly would you program in the new rx that couldn't be done with the potentiometer screws on the X302V? And if it is a big improvement will it be available separately as a retrofit? Thanks.
You can buy it from Skyartecs web site Here

As for the Programing you can setup the Rx for other Skyartec Rc models and for firmware updates etc
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:57 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Buying from a dealer that will support you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
You can buy it from Skyartecs web site Here

As for the Programing you can setup the Rx for other Skyartec Rc models and for firmware updates etc
The lesson take away here is that yes you can buy these products direct from the factory in China or from a dealer that will not support you for defect and returns and require you to still return to the factory in China. OR you can go with a dealer that handles all the product support directly on product defects, returns and replacements. Your choice. Either way there will be a cost. High Level Dealer Support means you pay the dealer for their efforts, time and support. choose that level of support or deal with a dealer without any support or deal direct with the factory in China and the cost is that in the end you have more frustration and more time to get your issues resolved (if at all - follow Whizgig's Posts for example).

With that said, James the Director of Skyartec has stayed at my home here in Michigan USA and I count him as a very dear friend. I know he will support my statement that no one has better support for this product and their buyers than we provide, no one! That is why he has asked me to provide on going support on forums like this and our Skyartec Vendor Forum.

Remember there is a difference between COST and PRICE. Before buying any RC Product buyers need to ask the dealer what is the level of support they provide for their products and what action they can expect for factory defect and replacement -

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com

Max
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
The lesson take away here is that yes you can buy these products direct from the factory in China or from a dealer that will not support you for defect and returns and require you to still return to the factory in China. OR you can go with a dealer that handles all the product support directly on product defects, returns and replacements. Your choice. Either way there will be a cost. High Level Dealer Support means you pay the dealer for their efforts, time and support. choose that level of support or deal with a dealer without any support or deal direct with the factory in China and the cost is that in the end you have more frustration and more time to get your issues resolved (if at all - follow Whizgig's Posts for example).

With that said, James the Director of Skyartec has stayed at my home here in Michigan USA and I count him as a very dear friend. I know he will support my statement that no one has better support for this product and their buyers than we provide, no one! That is why he has asked me to provide on going support on forums like this and our Skyartec Vendor Forum.

Remember there is a difference between COST and PRICE. Before buying any RC Product buyers need to ask the dealer what is the level of support they provide for their products and what action they can expect for factory defect and replacement -

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com

Max
Yep that there are Max as I have found out buying from a dealer here in Australia that won't deal with my problem with mine and told me I have to deal directly with Skyartec China.

So the link I gave was mainly for Australians that have this Heli, I just wish I could have brought mine from a fantastic dealer as yourself Max.

As I said I have sent James the video explaining the problem and I am awaiting his reply, if he can;t replace the Tx,Rx I will buy another NASA701 Tx and the new SKY-X303V Rx.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yep that there are Max as I have found out buying from a dealer here in Australia that won't deal with my problem with mine and told me I have to deal directly with Skyartec China.

So the link I gave was mainly for Australians that have this Heli, I just wish I could have brought mine from a fantastic dealer as yourself Max.

As I said I have sent James the video explaining the problem and I am awaiting his reply, if he can;t replace the Tx,Rx I will buy another NASA701 Tx and the new SKY-X303V Rx.
The funny thing is that your dealer can get replacements for defects, without much issue from the factory if they just ask. If they buy in decent volume the factory will not even ask for the bad product to be returned - however in a case like yours they might want it back to investigate the issues. When you dealer tells you to deal with the factory direct, they are basically saying they don't want to be bothered with customer service.
If you are dealing with James, I would be surprised if he didn't do right by you. He is a great guy! There are many dealers that will at least replace defects directly; the problem is that many of the products we important from China there are some that get through with factory defect and other issues. Our business model is to try to weed them out with bench testing to reduce our returns and replacements. Like I said there is a difference between cost and price. We found that while bench testing costs us more time and money in the beginning, we save in the end and provide a better customer experience. It boils down to either we pay now or we pay later - just worked out better for us to pay now.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 14, 2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
The funny thing is that your dealer can get replacements for defects, without much issue from the factory if they just ask. If they buy in decent volume the factory will not even ask for the bad product to be returned - however in a case like yours they might want it back to investigate the issues. When you dealer tells you to deal with the factory direct, they are basically saying they don't want to be bothered with customer service.
If you are dealing with James, I would be surprised if he didn't do right by you. He is a great guy! There are many dealers that will at least replace defects directly; the problem is that many of the products we important from China there are some that get through with factory defect and other issues. Our business model is to try to weed them out with bench testing to reduce our returns and replacements. Like I said there is a difference between cost and price. We found that while bench testing costs us more time and money in the beginning, we save in the end and provide a better customer experience. It boils down to either we pay now or we pay later - just worked out better for us to pay now.

Regards

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Yep that's right Max you hit the nail on it's head, He doesn't want to deal with it at all he then sent me an email along with his reply asking if I would be interested in purchasing the Cessna 182 from him ?? my reply was no thank you.

I ran a computer business for years and I know how it works I used to deal direct with Chinese importers and it was nothing for them chuck in extras and replace defective parts etc for free, they used to do it for me on every order especially if they had new stock items they would give them to me to try free of charge as it was good business relations.
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:11 PM
"No" means "Know"!
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2004
568 Posts
Replacement servo options

Does anyone know of suitable replacement head servos for the X3V?
an85yalie is offline Find More Posts by an85yalie
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,616 Posts
SKY706 computer program wrong

The SKY706 computer program wrongly lists the D/R Exp settings from top to bottom as; ELE, TH, RUDD, GYRO, ALE, AUX1. They should be; ALE, ELE, TH, RUDD, GYRO, AUX1. Being a Newbie, it had me baffled for awhile until I figured out what was wrong. With hundreds of these being used I can't believe this wasn't brought up before. Does everyone just fly with the stock settings? If you tailor them to your personal preferences the Wasp X3V fbl is so much easier to control.
Last edited by Pa flyer; Dec 18, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: more info
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
The SKY706 computer program wrongly lists the D/R Exp settings from top to bottom as; ELE, TH, RUDD, GYRO, ALE, AUX1. They should be; ALE, ELE, TH, RUDD, GYRO, AUX1. Being a Newbie, it had me baffled for awhile until I figured out what was wrong. With hundreds of these being used I can't believe this wasn't brought up before. Does everyone just fly with the stock settings? If you tailor them to your personal preferences the Wasp X3V fbl is so much easier to control.
We are working with the factory to get the changes into the software for the next upgrade download The latest version of the software allows downloading of changes and improvements directly into the program. We have attached the screen as it should appear when the Flybarless option is taken on the System Tab until the factory gets the changes made to the program

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Hi Max,

I found out that the problem with the heli it was the Rx it is not receiving any signals from the Tx, so I will have to replace it.

I drove to Melbourne which is just over 200km from me to a friend of the Skyartec dealer I brought it from and tested his equipment with mine and the Rx failed with both Tx's and my Tx worked fine with his Rx.

So I need to get a new GY3-05 X303V receiver.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,616 Posts
Strange hover symptoms and fix following crash

After a minor crash in which I stripped the gears in the pitch servo I replaced it with another servo in which I had previously replaced the gears. Checked the movement of all four servos by hand, then powered the Wasp up and checked swashplate level and servo response: everything good to go.

Went to take off and it wouldn't lift off until about 75% throttle. Hmmmm! Checked the pitch at zero throttle and it was -12. I couldn't see any obvious physical damage so I reset the pitch and went to hover it again.

This time it took off, but acted really strange. It wouldn't hover hands off, the tail was jerking up and down slightly and it wouldn't maintain a constant elevation, jumping up and down a few inches like it was flying in a gusty wind condition. At eye level the servo arms didn't seem to be moving at all in conjunction with the up and down jerking movements of the helicopter.

Tore down the head and could find nothing wrong other than the tiny swag arm screws both being slightly bent an equal amount. Movement was smooth ,but I replaced them anyway. Hovered it again with no change.

I thought that maybe the belt was slipping. Tightened it up a little and tried again. No change.

I was down to one green light on the TX so I put in fresh batteries No change.

I finally exchanged the servo that I had installed with another one while seriously doubting that a bad servo could cause such strange behavior. Well I was wrong. It was the servo all along. As I mentioned, I had run it through it's full range of motion both by hand and with the TX after installation and it appeared fine. Obviously it wasn't.

Bottom line is that electronics can do some weird, illogical and strange things when they mess up and affect other components in ways that you wouldn't expect.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
After a minor crash in which I stripped the gears in the pitch servo I replaced it with another servo in which I had previously replaced the gears. Checked the movement of all four servos by hand, then powered the Wasp up and checked swashplate level and servo response: everything good to go.

Went to take off and it wouldn't lift off until about 75% throttle. Hmmmm! Checked the pitch at zero throttle and it was -12. I couldn't see any obvious physical damage so I reset the pitch and went to hover it again.

This time it took off, but acted really strange. It wouldn't hover hands off, the tail was jerking up and down slightly and it wouldn't maintain a constant elevation, jumping up and down a few inches like it was flying in a gusty wind condition. At eye level the servo arms didn't seem to be moving at all in conjunction with the up and down jerking movements of the helicopter.

Tore down the head and could find nothing wrong other than the tiny swag arm screws both being slightly bent an equal amount. Movement was smooth ,but I replaced them anyway. Hovered it again with no change.

I thought that maybe the belt was slipping. Tightened it up a little and tried again. No change.

I was down to one green light on the TX so I put in fresh batteries No change.

I finally exchanged the servo that I had installed with another one while seriously doubting that a bad servo could cause such strange behavior. Well I was wrong. It was the servo all along. As I mentioned, I had run it through it's full range of motion both by hand and with the TX after installation and it appeared fine. Obviously it wasn't.

Bottom line is that electronics can do some weird, illogical and strange things when they mess up and affect other components in ways that you wouldn't expect.
While it is up to the person, we recommend to NEVER move a servo by hand - ever! This is the fastest way to strip a gear or cause the gear train to get out of sync. That is why they make electronic servo testers. Manually moving the servo should be avoided.

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Site Sponsor