HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:33 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nantwich
Joined Jan 2012
255 Posts
Why is there an rx/servo lead out of the ESC if not for RX power? confused??
Hixxer is offline Find More Posts by Hixxer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:43 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Mar 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE View Post
if you dont have either just get another ESC that does power your RX and hook it up to the battery location on your RX (for testing purposes,)
Thanks mate it works now just connected it through another esc , does this mean i will have to buy few of these 5-6 volt batteries or 1 should be enough. any recommendations what can i buy from HK

i really appreciate your help
Force10 is offline Find More Posts by Force10
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:36 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
There are quite a few decent landing gear on hobbyking for this bird. Which one works best
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2007
341 Posts
[QUOTE=mw46mw46;23194914]I use EPF 1900kv EDF and nanotech 6S/5000mAh/35C LiPo, they work great so far.

Nice landing MW46! Where is your CG at? and did you use a lot of elevator before the final touch down? Thanks for the video.
nerv is offline Find More Posts by nerv
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,534 Posts
I was reconsidering buying an L-59 from Hobbyking but I noticed all comments on the L-59 page are deleted. I guess because of the remarks some are still posting about sub-par packaging so I will check out an L-39 from a different seller.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:34 AM
Australia, SA, Ingle Farm
Joined Feb 2010
810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipoflyer View Post
There are quite a few decent landing gear on hobbyking for this bird. Which one works best
I just recieved mine from HK, the ones that say they are a direct bolt in... However they are not.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21161

Plus if you want to get picky, the front nose wheel has a double wheel which isnt true scale to the L-59 (used a single wheel) but im not really that bothered about it..Unless I can replace it somehow, doesnt look all that difficult.

Only thing I will say about the units is that they look damn flash, I havnt really seen many retract units but these alloy ones look amazing.

Does anyone have an idea to possibly extend the oleo leg just a slight amount? They seem to be a bit short and dont quite sit in the middle of the wheel well. Im not sure how they will function like that, but thought Id try get some sort of idea at least. Might post up a pic!
Thanks!
AdMan is offline Find More Posts by AdMan
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Thanks mate it works now just connected it through another esc , does this mean i will have to buy few of these 5-6 volt batteries or 1 should be enough. any recommendations what can i buy from HK

i really appreciate your help
your welcome, you can buy a battery pack for the RX to power the RX servos and retracts or you could get a BEC. For me a Bec is a better option, because a battery pack is heavier. For a model that big you need a good BEC like the castle ones.

here read this: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html#
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Oct 2006
38 Posts
Can somebody help me with HOW to modify the struts as shown in post #299 so
they fit into the wing ?? Gazb ??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=292

I ordered and received the same retracts but of course they
are far too big...I will fly from a grass strip and their big wheels help...

ANY help appreciated !
loopsy is offline Find More Posts by loopsy
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE View Post
your welcome, you can buy a battery pack for the RX to power the RX servos and retracts or you could get a BEC. For me a Bec is a better option, because a battery pack is heavier. For a model that big you need a good BEC like the castle ones.

here read this: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html#
You could also buy this bec for $5. Ive used them in ALL my EDFs for the past 4 years without any issues what so ever
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...for_Lipo_.html
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:47 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Mar 2011
220 Posts
Just when you think you know enough about this hobby there is something that makes you realize that you don't. Thanks guys I have ordered sbec .

I was hoping to get this project finished this weekend but looks like it going to be while, as yesterday bench testing my cs 12 blade fan on full throttle I decided to get my hand inside the fan don't ask me how and why as I still can't understand ,two fingers shredded the skin and just came back after having skin graft surgery done will take at 5-6 weeks for it to heal

Any way that gives enough time to research the net
Things we do in this hobby
Force10 is offline Find More Posts by Force10
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:21 AM
Sweden
Joined Apr 2002
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixxer View Post
Why is there an rx/servo lead out of the ESC if not for RX power? confused??
Because you still need to send a signal from the receiver to control the ESC!
How would you control your motor if the esc was not plugged to the receiver? But an opto esc has no built in bec and wont supply any current to power you receiver and servos. That's why you need an external bec or battery pack.
Jeff
JeffT is offline Find More Posts by JeffT
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:06 AM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,192 Posts
I'm thinking about selling mines
Mannyman535 is offline Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:35 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,226 Posts
Quote:
Just when you think you know enough about this hobby there is something that makes you realize that you don't. Thanks guys I have ordered sbec .

I was hoping to get this project finished this weekend but looks like it going to be while, as yesterday bench testing my cs 12 blade fan on full throttle I decided to get my hand inside the fan don't ask me how and why as I still can't understand ,two fingers shredded the skin and just came back after having skin graft surgery done will take at 5-6 weeks for it to heal

My God Man!! Hope you heal soon. But seriously.. What were you thinking.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:47 AM
Oman, Masqat
Joined Apr 2010
321 Posts
Quote:

Im sorry to hear of your accident. hope you get better soon. its a reminder that we are playing around with very dangerous toys here and there is a possibility to get severly hurt.
Boostoman is offline Find More Posts by Boostoman
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:59 AM
Hi, I am Michael from Taipei
Taiwan, 北市
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
[QUOTE=nerv;23217593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw46mw46 View Post
I use EPF 1900kv EDF and nanotech 6S/5000mAh/35C LiPo, they work great so far.

Nice landing MW46! Where is your CG at? and did you use a lot of elevator before the final touch down? Thanks for the video.
CG is 24cm from center, 5.5cm from wing edge. I didnt use a lot of elevator due to the CG is perfect.
mw46mw46 is offline Find More Posts by mw46mw46