HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 02, 2012, 11:52 PM
4 blades! Scale blades!
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,354 Posts
I read that the first thing to do is to reinforce the main LG area of the wings.
The CMP models tend to have the built up wing too weak and even on take off can rip the upper planking.
I'm planning to add more shear webs and fiber glassing. Maybe some CF tape would help too.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Last edited by Tartago; Jun 02, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
"Take Off" eh!
vettster's Avatar
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,167 Posts
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I just bought this beautiful model... and now HK has announced on there Daily Video that they will soon be releasing a 90mm SAAB Draken that is absolutely gorgeous!!

Im going to go broke
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
alanjets's Avatar
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Yep I got one too and then sore the other plane that looks real nice too
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:29 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,242 Posts
Mine is in transit, has anyone got theirs yet. Are we going to be pleasantly surprised or let down?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:17 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Id like to see some photos of the servo pockets and the batter compartment as well as the EDF unit cover. might need some cutting there to fit the CS12
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:52 AM
4 blades! Scale blades!
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I just bought this beautiful model... and now HK has announced on there Daily Video that they will soon be releasing a 90mm SAAB Draken that is absolutely gorgeous!!

Im going to go broke
Maaan! And nobody dares to make a Saab Viggen...
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:40 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I just bought this beautiful model... and now HK has announced on there Daily Video that they will soon be releasing a 90mm SAAB Draken that is absolutely gorgeous!!

Im going to go broke
that;s a prodesign model... i think
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:56 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
and the real good question isss..
these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21161

are supposed to be for the l-59 despite the double nose wheel.
and the length of the mains are 71mm
now theeeese , are also supposed to be for l-59 but they are longer... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24329

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24333
are also supposed to be for the l-59 and they are the same length as the first ones...
are you kidding me???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Last edited by pavcon; Jun 04, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:47 AM
4 blades! Scale blades!
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
and the real good question isss..
these

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21161

are supposed to be for the l-59 despite the double nose wheel.
and the length of the mains are 71mm
now theeeese , are also supposed to be for l-59 but they are longer... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24329

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24333
are also supposed to be for the l-59 and they are the same length as the first ones...
are you kidding me???
Confusing:

But the latter 2 include braking system?

I thought it was only for 70mm wheels!

This is cool man!
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:58 AM
4 blades! Scale blades!
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,354 Posts
So cool they are on backorder!!!
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hope is not a Strategy
Lojik's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
So cool they are on backorder!!!
You sure, says 10+ stock on my screen

Edit you meant retracts, my bad
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
They have wheels with brakes that you can use at a later stage if your runways are not long enough. Mine is almost 200m long. Jets fly there with no probs. So I wont need them most probably. What I wanted for coolness is to use some landing lights. The wing tips sure may allow this
Anyway I just wish I can install the struts that I have. I will receive my plane last because I got the metal retract mechanisms only that are in backorder now
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Egypt, Al Jizah
Joined Feb 2010
8 Posts
guys If anyone received his kit , please share some pics (including the boxing) , I can't wait till I C mine
megeedo is offline Find More Posts by megeedo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:16 PM
"Take Off" eh!
vettster's Avatar
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Maaan! And nobody dares to make a Saab Viggen...
I hear ya! A Viggen would be great!!! But there aint much wrong with this sweetie either...
HobbyKing Daily - Saab J-35 Draken (2 min 3 sec)
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:27 PM
4 blades! Scale blades!
Tartago's Avatar
Joined Apr 2006
4,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
They have wheels with brakes that you can use at a later stage if your runways are not long enough. Mine is almost 200m long. Jets fly there with no probs. So I wont need them most probably. What I wanted for coolness is to use some landing lights. The wing tips sure may allow this
Anyway I just wish I can install the struts that I have. I will receive my plane last because I got the metal retract mechanisms only that are in backorder now
We have a long runway aka parking lot, but this planes came hot! Like my 70mm Viper. She never stopped until hitting the curb.

Brakes will be an extra insurance.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Freewing L-39 Albatross BNF 85.00 radman615 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 2 Dec 07, 2011 09:48 PM
Help! Blitzworks Albatross 55mm L-39 Esc Programming manual anyone? fly_right Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 1 Dec 05, 2011 07:20 AM
Sold Great Planes L-39 Albatross w/Battery and RX porcia83 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 10 Sep 18, 2011 08:44 PM
L-39 Albatross for 90mm fans Tim H. Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 24 Oct 14, 2002 07:42 AM