HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2012, 05:29 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Discussion
Braves first to last in about a week, Cubs end 12 game losing streak

Arggh! Of course, the Braves issues are a conflux of problems, Freeman eye issues, two with the flu, Chipper on 15 day DL, Vitter struggling in relief, back up catcher pulls groin, better now than in September, as Prado says...

Quote:
The Braves fell to 7-19 without Chipper Jones in the lineup, compared to 19-5 when he starts. He’ll be on the disabled list at least until June 8.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-...record-is-0-8/
Jones took a line drive to the ankle on defense at third. Who would have thought a 40 year old in his final season, hobbled by injuries for the last several years would have such a key influence....

Cubs, I have no idea, they beat the lowly Padres to end a 12 game losing streak.

Baseball is hard!
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old May 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Chipper can pull that team together with just a few words. Hate to see him go. But they have to sooner or later.

I hate the cubs.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old May 30, 2012, 12:18 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Chipper can pull that team together with just a few words. Hate to see him go. But they have to sooner or later.

I hate the cubs.
I am pretty sure we will see Chipper managing a team one day. He is staying with the Braves in some capacity they haven't announced, and I am thinking it might be he spends some time with his kids and coaches individuals, and eventually starts working his way up the coaching ladder. He has been talking like a manager for years when he analyzes games....
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop