SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
does anyone have experience with these models?

I would like to ask, if does anyone have experience with the models of VAMODELS?
here is a link: http://www.produce.va-models.com/index.php/en . I want to offer this product in my shop, but here I didn't see anyone how have these models. Thanks for your comments, experiences. Rehle.
Rehle is offline Find More Posts by Rehle
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Jul 2010
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehle View Post
I would like to ask, if does anyone have experience with the models of VAMODELS?
here is a link: http://www.produce.va-models.com/index.php/en . I want to offer this product in my shop, but here I didn't see anyone how have these models. Thanks for your comments, experiences. Rehle.
Yes, they are very popular in Europe..they fly very well.
I bought several of them...my favorite is KATANA green powered by KDA 36-16M 1050 kv, 2200mah 3S lipo, 40A esc, prop APC 10x4,7SF, henge 922 digital for ailerons and Corona 929 for rudder and elevator.....................a bullet in the sky and also friendly during torque roll.
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
Old May 30, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot wings View Post
Yes, they are very popular in Europe..they fly very well.
I bought several of them...my favorite is KATANA green powered by KDA 36-16M 1050 kv, 2200mah 3S lipo, 40A esc, prop APC 10x4,7SF, henge 922 digital for ailerons and Corona 929 for rudder and elevator.....................a bullet in the sky and also friendly during torque roll.
Thanks a lot. Is here anybody Else? I saw their LOOP

and it looks and fly super, but I didn't see other models of their offer. Rehle
Old May 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
382 Posts
va models

link above is crap will not load
corsair214 is online now Find More Posts by corsair214
Old May 30, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair214 View Post
link above is crap will not load
Let's try www.va-models.com
Old May 30, 2012, 04:44 PM
Joined Jul 2010
385 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot. Is here anybody Else? I saw their LOOP

and it looks and fly super, but I didn't see other models of their offer. Rehle
No not yet...but it seems to be to much heavy compared with same class 3d models (1200 mm wing span) and the reason is due to the fact that the wing is not hollowed or a classic structure with ribs and spars........
By the way, the look of this model is very impressive...but it must be tested in deep.
Come on guys..LETS TRY this LOOOOOOP!
Have fun!
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
Old May 30, 2012, 05:14 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
I agree on the weights.. I looked at carrying the VA models, but the advertised weights are quite a bit higher than the Hacker planes. They look good, I'd be curious if the advertised weight specs are high. The Hackers wings are solid too, perhaps its the EPP density they've used or there is more structure in the fuse?
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
Old May 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,761 Posts
It says removable wings for the Loop. If that be the case that may be where some of the weight comes from.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old May 30, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
I agree on the weights.. I looked at carrying the VA models, but the advertised weights are quite a bit higher than the Hacker planes. They look good, I'd be curious if the advertised weight specs are high. The Hackers wings are solid too, perhaps its the EPP density they've used or there is more structure in the fuse?
We have a sample of hackermodel, Extra 330SC of 1000mm range, But their weights are meaningless. Flying weight is much higher than they write on their boxes or web. I saw some photos, a lot of people compare Katana (VA-MODELS) and hacker Extra 330SC, Katana is much larger, greater depth of the wings etc. Have you some possibilites to compare them?
Old May 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
If you know any sellers of these models please inform me, I'd like to contact him. I am considering cooperation with this company. Here is some 4 years old video of their Katana, - I don't understand why I hadn't heard about these models before.

KATANA - VA-MODELS (6 min 14 sec)
Old May 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
We have a sample of hackermodel, Extra 330SC of 1000mm range, But their weights are meaningless. Flying weight is much higher than they write on their boxes or web. I saw some photos, a lot of people compare Katana (VA-MODELS) and hacker Extra 330SC, Katana is much larger, greater depth of the wings etc. Have you some possibilites to compare them?
I don't have any of the VA models. I have the Hackers, the only one I've built so far is the Hacker Katana 1200mm. Mine comes in at about 800g (28.22oz) AUW where the advertised weight is 770g (27.16oz) and up. The loop is advertised at 950g - 1100g (33.5oz - 38.8oz) but does have 60mm (2.36") more wingspan.
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
I don't have any of the VA models. I have the Hackers, the only one I've built so far is the Hacker Katana 1200mm. Mine comes in at about 800g (28.22oz) AUW where the advertised weight is 770g (27.16oz) and up. The loop is advertised at 950g - 1100g (33.5oz - 38.8oz) but does have 60mm (2.36") more wingspan.
I don't know, both models are made of EPP.
Hacker for ex.says - accupack LiPol 3s from 150 to 2500 mAh, power 250W, Vamodels accupack 1800-3500mAh, power of 300-450W, Removable wings and landing gear. So I think it's maybe a question of model equipment, Br.motor, accupack, ..it can be different?
Old May 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
I don't know, both models are made of EPP.
Hacker for ex.says - accupack LiPol 3s from 150 to 2500 mAh, power 250W, Vamodels accupack 1800-3500mAh, power of 300-450W, Removable wings and landing gear. So I think it's maybe a question of model equipment, Br.motor, accupack, ..it can be different?
Looking at the video's the VA's fly very well. Density of the EPP makes a big difference in the weight, my Hobbyking Yak 1100mm profile EPP plane weighs within 1 oz of the 1200mm Katana full fuse and I'm running a lighter motor/battery on the Yak. The Katana dwarfs the Yak in size. The EPP feels/looks more dense on the Yak.

I'd like to bring in some of the VA's to try.
Site Sponsor
Old May 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
VA-MODELS models

Quote:
Looking at the video's the VA's fly very well. Density of the EPP makes a big difference in the weight, my Hobbyking Yak 1100mm profile EPP plane weighs within 1 oz of the 1200mm Katana full fuse and I'm running a lighter motor/battery on the Yak. The Katana dwarfs the Yak in size. The EPP feels/looks more dense on the Yak.

I'd like to bring in some of the VA's to try.
Hi guys,
I found these videos:
Katana VA- EPP (4 min 21 sec)

Bellanca Super Decathlon | VA-MODELS (4 min 15 sec)

It seems that the models are suitable for excellent pilots and common pilots (90% of our customers). Well... I'll try to order some samples of their models and I'll inform you.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,
I found these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynF8p...feature=fvwrel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie14bV9LHJg

It seems that the models are suitable for excellent pilots and common pilots (90% of our customers). Well... I'll try to order some samples of their models and I'll inform you.
Hi Guys,

I found a video of LOOP model, look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WcwkzL7jUc
Anyway, I ordered a first models for test, so I'll try to make some review here.