8,453 Posts
They have super powers.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
19 Posts
I did not inquire as to why, I was just glad to find they had them all. I would also like to say
they have Corona DS-929, digital metal gear servos for under 8 bucks, and good pricing on Emax, and Red Leopard motors, Hobbywing ESC prices are ok, my point is good source to get everything you need, except for the carbon extended servo arms, they do not carry them as of yet.
PerfectPathTech is offline Find More Posts by PerfectPathTech
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:04 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectPathTech View Post
I did not inquire as to why, I was just glad to find they had them all. I would also like to say
they have Corona DS-929, digital metal gear servos for under 8 bucks, and good pricing on Emax, and Red Leopard motors, Hobbywing ESC prices are ok, my point is good source to get everything you need, except for the carbon extended servo arms, they do not carry them as of yet.
I'm keen to try those DS-929MG servos. I removed the Hitec 5065MGs from the ailerons of my Skywing Yak last night and fitted a pair. They have better specs on paper than the hitecs at 1/5th the price. I'm busting to fly them...
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
So how is it that these RC88FANS people can export Skywing products to the US but Bestvalue cannot?
Sub, that's a very good question. I'd also like to know why they are using photos that belong to me and Nac without our permission to do so.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Sub, that's a very good question. I'd also like to know why they are using photos that belong to me and Nac without our permission to do so.
It's a bit of a free for all over there when it comes to exclusive deals and such.... not saying there aren't reputable companies and sellers of course!

I sure like those MXS 48s....
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jun 29, 2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: no need to clutter thread on good plane
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
So how is it that these RC88FANS people can export Skywing products to the US but Bestvalue cannot?
I got 3 Skywing planes sent to the US (48" MXS, Black & Red Sbach, and Blue & Orange Sbach). A reasonable explanation I got from one of the resellers was that any Skywing plane they had in stock before the 3DHS/Skywing exclusive deal can still be shipped to the US. Made sense to me given they bought that stock with the intention to sell some in the US.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:34 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Interesting...... Assuming your Sbachs are Skywing ones, I think that the blue and orange Sbach was only released recently and the Skywing-3DHS agreement has been in place since late September 2011. This is a bit off-topic, so I'll leave it there.

In other news, my Winner's Extra is likely to be delivered by Tuesday next week. Yipee .
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Interesting...... Assuming your Sbachs are Skywing ones, I think that the blue and orange Sbach was only released recently and the Skywing-3DHS agreement has been in place since late September 2011. This is a bit off-topic, so I'll leave it there.

In other news, my Winner's Extra is likely to be delivered by Tuesday next week. Yipee .
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Not all 3 came from the same reseller. The Orange came from someone else - I was expecting to get the black and red Sbach but was surprised by the orange version.

Is your Extra the blue and white version? My blue and red still shows not shipped.
Last edited by Jboy90277; Jun 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,932 Posts
Yep, my Extra is the blue/black/white one. I originally I pre-ordered a blue/red/white one, but since the other scheme manufactured a week or so earlier, I switched schemes to get one sooner. I figure that if I like this plane I will get a different scheme next time. The 3rd colour scheme should be unveiled any day now.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
The Orange came from someone else - I was expecting to get the black and red Sbach but was surprised by the orange version.
...sounds a bit strange, so you ordered a black&red but received the orange sheme?

Pete
3D Peter is offline Find More Posts by 3D Peter
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Peter View Post
...sounds a bit strange, so you ordered a black&red but received the orange sheme?

Pete
Yup. The reseller (RCFANS88) said he just got them and didn't check the color before sending it out. It's not that uncommon - folks buying the 1.4 m EPO Sbachs from Hobbyking were getting the wrong color for a while from the US warehouse.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:12 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,239 Posts
BestValueRC is finally shipping the red and blue version of the Extra. They became available earlier today. Thanks for the patience of those who have been waiting for the plane.

A note: BestValueRC's in-stock number sometimes doesn't accurately reflect the real situation. The system is set up in such a way that if there is no stock, the product cannot be placed in the shopping cart and ordered. Therefore, a product for pre-ordering appears in stock on the web site.

Regards,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
no reason to clutter a thread on a good plane

Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jun 29, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:52 AM
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
19 Posts
Mine showed up this morning, I will post photos tonight, all I can say, it is well worth the wait!
Really really nice! The paint is tops. I am blown away by the size, makes my EF 540 EXP look
small. I got the blue and black one, I did not think I would care for it, however, it is really nice!
PerfectPathTech is offline Find More Posts by PerfectPathTech