HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:37 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
I've got one on pre-order from MilehighRC. Be interesting to see how it compares to my 3DHS EPP Extra.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
I've got one on pre-order from MilehighRC. Be interesting to see how it compares to my 3DHS EPP Extra.
I'm sure that it will be an interesting comparison . I look forward to seeing your comments on this in the near distant future.

groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Last edited by groovejet; Jun 26, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
I'm sure that it will be an interesting comparison . I look forward to seeing your comments on this in the near distant future.

Well it wont be till August at the earliest, I'm currently deployed and don't return till then. I plan on out fitting this one the same Omega 130, HS-65MG's all around, ZTW 50A ESC, so there should not be any differences due to gear.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:35 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Well it wont be till August at the earliest, I'm currently deployed and don't return till then. I plan on out fitting this one the same Omega 130, HS-65MG's all around, ZTW 50A ESC, so there should not be any differences due to gear.
Best wishes for a safe return and an interesting comparison using the same gear .
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:10 PM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I just ordered one. My young son is in China right now, in fact taking a train to beijing right now if he's not already there.
P.S. I notice there is no counter balance on the elevator. Not needed?
There is no counter balance for Extra330LX real scale plane as we can see that from the attached pic.

Also this is the first time we make an EPP foamie tail wing to be air foiled, it will be alittle bit easier for production without counter balance.

The evelator for our next kit will also be air foiled and come with counter balance since we are already able to make it like the rudder.
CNJ3 is offline Find More Posts by CNJ3
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:40 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
Ah, cool, makes sense.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
Anybody ever do an order with bestvaluerc? I ordered the extra-330lx but the order status still says not shipped. Just wondering if others have had delays in shipping with bestvaluerc.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, NV, Mesquite
Joined Oct 2009
29 Posts
I have an order with them right now too. I was just going to Email Max for my shipping date.
It's been a couple days. I guess I expected an automatic responce like other's do ?
Kresevich is offline Find More Posts by Kresevich
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, NV, Mesquite
Joined Oct 2009
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
Anybody ever do an order with bestvaluerc? I ordered the extra-330lx but the order status still says not shipped. Just wondering if others have had delays in shipping with bestvaluerc.
I got an Email from Max today. He will be getting them from the factory today
or tomorrow. Said he would ship today or tomorrow.

Gary
Kresevich is offline Find More Posts by Kresevich
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jun 29, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: no need to clutter a thread on a good plane
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
33 Posts
You guys think the elevator will be stiffer on this one due to the airfoil vs. the 3DHS Extra?
Belly Gunner is offline Find More Posts by Belly Gunner
Old Jun 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Gunner View Post
You guys think the elevator will be stiffer on this one due to the airfoil vs. the 3DHS Extra?
That's my thinking and the reason I ordered one.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, NH, Manchester
Joined Jan 2007
19 Posts
Hi Guys, I thought I would chime in, mine will be here tomorrow, I purchased mine from RC88FANS, they are good people, great pricing, and have a long track record on Ebay.
They have stock, and the best part is you can buy any and all Skywing products from them as well. I will post pics of whats in the box when it shows. I will also add, I had a product question, and emailed Frank, his dedication to Customer service is beyond A+ If you do not want to wait for stock to arrive here in the US, RC88FANS is the way to go!
PerfectPathTech is offline Find More Posts by PerfectPathTech
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
I'm not seeing their store...got a link?

Nevermind. It is RC-FANS88.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectPathTech View Post
Hi Guys, I thought I would chime in, mine will be here tomorrow, I purchased mine from RC88FANS, they are good people, great pricing, and have a long track record on Ebay.
They have stock, and the best part is you can buy any and all Skywing products from them as well. I will post pics of whats in the box when it shows. I will also add, I had a product question, and emailed Frank, his dedication to Customer service is beyond A+ If you do not want to wait for stock to arrive here in the US, RC88FANS is the way to go!
So how is it that these RC88FANS people can export Skywing products to the US but Bestvalue cannot?
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic