SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:50 AM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
955 Posts
I'm waiting for the third red scheme to come out.
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:51 AM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,459 Posts
will be ordering mine soon
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:34 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
That's great. I'm sure you'll let us know what you find when you get to flying it!

It might be just me, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about the colour schemes. They look like they were borrowed from a 1970s chipmunk.

Sub
Hi Sub,

Thanks for sharing your feeling about the colour schemes.
We try our best to satisfy as much flyers as we can on colour schemes, but not so easy to satisfy every one.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any good idea about that.

Frank
CNJ3 is offline Find More Posts by CNJ3
Old Jun 08, 2012, 04:46 AM
IMK
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2005
181 Posts
Frank,

I reckon the red and blue scheme is one of the nicest ones I've seen in a while. I can understand that not everyone would agree with me though. When I watch your videos I can clearly tell the plane's orientation throughout all attitudes due to the strong variation between the top and bottom colors and patterns. This is important for me when I fly in low light conditions at sunset or during overcast days.
IMK is offline Find More Posts by IMK
Last edited by IMK; Jun 08, 2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:06 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNJ3 View Post
Hi Sub,

Thanks for sharing your feeling about the colour schemes.
We try our best to satisfy as much flyers as we can on colour schemes, but not so easy to satisfy every one.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any good idea about that.

Frank
Ah, now I've put myself on the spot! I know what I like, but I think I would be a rubbish designer! The best I could do would be to copy what others have done!

The Composite ARF Butterfly scheme on the Yak 55M is my all time favourite. And I do like what 3DHS are doing at the moment with their new bigfoot thing because I like the subtle colours and the integration of the wolf motif.

I guess it's the red stripes on the bottom of the wing that makes it look so old school. The scheme is just not my cup of tea. Otherwise, I can't wait to see one fly!
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:26 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Ah, now I've put myself on the spot! I know what I like, but I think I would be a rubbish designer! The best I could do would be to copy what others have done!

The Composite ARF Butterfly scheme on the Yak 55M is my all time favourite. And I do like what 3DHS are doing at the moment with their new bigfoot thing because I like the subtle colours and the integration of the wolf motif.

I guess it's the red stripes on the bottom of the wing that makes it look so old school. The scheme is just not my cup of tea. Otherwise, I can't wait to see one fly!
Wow, the scheme pics look also cool. Thanks for sharing.
Sure we have rights to choose any colour scheme style we like.
Some good elements will be referenced when we design next colour scheme.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:03 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,597 Posts
Quote:
That's great. I'm sure you'll let us know what you find when you get to flying it!

It might be just me, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about the colour schemes. They look like they were borrowed from a 1970s chipmunk.

Sub
Have to disagree with this one... The RWB scheme is the same used on the 60" Extra EXP from Extreme Flight that I have. Its extremely easy to see in the air, and I get dozens of compliments at the field. I'm anticipating the same when I show up with a matching foam model! Ordering very soon!

You guys have inexpensive electronics you like on these planes?
DaaBears is online now Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:58 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
Have to disagree with this one... The RWB scheme is the same used on the 60" Extra EXP from Extreme Flight that I have. Its extremely easy to see in the air, and I get dozens of compliments at the field. I'm anticipating the same when I show up with a matching foam model! Ordering very soon!
Not trying to be critical, but I think the whole "easy to see" thing is a bit over rated on a plane like this. It's a foamy, and is flown low and close to yourself. Orientation is seldom a real problem when it's right down in your face!

That said, I have had problems with model's schemes blending in with the sky in the past, and causing problems with orientation. Notably with a red bull scheme I had on a glow powered 60" edge years ago. That plane was very hard to see with grey under / blue on top, even with the RB highlights. It was more of a sport plane though, so was flown further away.

Subsonic.
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:07 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
You can't please everyone. I for one like the designs, a lot. Can't wait to figure out what the landed cost will be here, order from Bestvalue or Milehigh?
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:11 PM
KING of PING!
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2008
1,058 Posts
$137.00 TO PENNSYLVANIA
JDMCARPETS is offline Find More Posts by JDMCARPETS
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:46 PM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post

You guys have inexpensive electronics you like on these planes?
Yes, the RWB scheme comes from the real Extra330SC plane, quite easy to see while it flies in the air. This kit should be something more than Parkflyer so sometimes it may fly alittle bit far and high, the colour scheme will help to see it clearly.

Maiden flight setup for your reference:

Motor: Dualsky XM3542CA/940KV 450W 140g
ESC: Hobbywing Flyfun 40A
Prop: APC 13*6.5E
Servo: Hitec 65MG*4
Battery: Fullymax 3S 2200MAH 25C
Flying weight: 1200g

Frank
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:37 AM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Just found this thread. I've been waiting for airfoiled tail feathers on these sized EPP planes. Will be ordering soon.

Any thoughts about building an EPP Sbach 342 in the red, white and black thunderbolt scheme?
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Jun 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMCARPETS View Post
$137.00 TO PENNSYLVANIA
That's not that surprising. I've ordered similar planes from US, China, and Canada-based companies and they all ranged from $138 to $150 shipped to your door.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Ordered.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:59 PM
Crashing Gooder and Gooder!
United States, CA, Mission Viejo
Joined Feb 2009
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
That's not that surprising. I've ordered similar planes from US, China, and Canada-based companies and they all ranged from $138 to $150 shipped to your door.
Thats why I want to see what Milehigh will be charging. It's amazing to me that I can get a foamy from Europe shipped for $20, from China it's $45, Canada is $22 and the US it's $13.50 .. All for the same sized plane.
YamaDan is offline Find More Posts by YamaDan