HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Discussion
How do you place a value on a rare model when you can't ever one for sale?

Hi all,
I have a couple of ARF models that I bought back in 2000-2001 that I have had hidden away untill now. They are some of the nicest looking ARF kits I have ever seen and have yet to see to date.
Here's my problem..........
I was thinking of selling them and have trolled the net looking for the same kits for sale and have come up empty handed every time. The planes are both made by OK Model Company of Japan which from what I could find burned to the ground in 2007.
My planes are the EZ ZERO 45 and the EZ P-51D MUSTANG. Both are nib with all instructions, decals ect.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Should I just fleabay them?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gary.
garyzda1 is offline Find More Posts by garyzda1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
from what I rememeber the EZ nitro kits were and are not cheap+ good quality and will sometimes see'em on ebay but very rarley. The value of old out of production kits are most times over priced, but depends on what the buyer wants to pay
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; May 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Price them by what you want to get for them. Price them HIGH and come down.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 29, 2012, 12:03 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
from what I rememeber the EZ nitro kits were and are not cheap+ good quality and will sometimes see'em on ebay but very rarley
Thanks lectroglide,
They weren't cheap. I had to order direct from Japan back then and by the time all was said and done......... I was into each one for around $400 with the retracts. I still fly, but only electric these days and even if I converted these to electric........... I probably wouldn't want to fly them because of how impossible it would be to get the photorealistic covering/parts in the event of a misshap. May as well find a collector and buy more fun and repairable planes to fly.
Old May 29, 2012, 05:43 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,208 Posts
Trader Rating: 57
Exactly-find a collector,and make HIM happy,take the money and make YOU happy...everybody wins...I don't buy many collector kits,because I'm not so qualified to care for them..If I do,I either build it for a Museum,or display it in the box,there.

I recently sold a Eureka Constellation kit,purchased in Pearl Harbour,1948,with the original receipt still in the box,for $450.That was an offer-a bit more than I expected..
Offer it for what you can live with,no second thoughts.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old May 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
A Zero sold here recently:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1588015

A P51D sold a few years ago here:
http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...ng-45-EZ-Model
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old May 29, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyzda1 View Post
Thanks lectroglide,
They weren't cheap. I had to order direct from Japan back then and by the time all was said and done......... I was into each one for around $400 with the retracts. I still fly, but only electric these days and even if I converted these to electric........... I probably wouldn't want to fly them because of how impossible it would be to get the photorealistic covering/parts in the event of a misshap. May as well find a collector and buy more fun and repairable planes to fly.
your welcome and good luck
lectroglide is online now Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; May 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
432 Posts
Trader Rating: 133
are these the early arf with the printed closed cell foam skins over a balsa and ply framework?
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old May 29, 2012, 06:55 PM
FICKLE FLYER
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,221 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
If you are willing to ship overseas, put them on E-bay. You would be suprised how much they will bring.
tlh101 is online now Find More Posts by tlh101
Old May 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined May 2012
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagomon View Post
are these the early arf with the printed closed cell foam skins over a balsa and ply framework?
Yes they are.