Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:29 AM
Chess club geek with wings
blunight's Avatar
Brainerd, MN
Joined Aug 2008
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbilbo91z9f View Post
Hi Guys,

Hey, I wanted to post a flight from the other day that I recorded with my RAM3 but I don't know how to post up the graph. I'm assuming you somehow need to convert the RAM information to a jpg. file first before uploading it, but I can't figure out how.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Murph
Murph,
I use my computers "Snipping tool". Assuming your using a PC with a Microsoft OS: type "Snipping tool" into the search bar on your start screen to find it. An alternate method is to use the Print Screen function but that will give you a slightly lower resolution image.

I save the images along with my contest entry into a file on my computer to make finding previous entries easier.

Trent
blunight is online now Find More Posts by blunight
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
Paulbilbo91z9f's Avatar
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
215 Posts
Thanks,

Hi Trent,

Thank You. I'll give it a try later today when I get home from work.


Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is online now Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
Paulbilbo91z9f's Avatar
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
215 Posts
It Works....

Hey Trent,

Thanks Again, It Works.....

I know this isn't a great flight or anything, but I wanted to show someone!

This was just the 4th flight on one of my winter projects that I'm finally getting into the air. I was so impressed (or Lucky..) with the way it's flying and trimming out. The plane is an Aspire Disser that was slightly beat-up and I converted it to electric.

Hopefully I'll get a flight truly worthy of posting here before the end of the month. This flight was;

Flight: Thermal
Plane: ASPIRE Disser-E (4th trimming flight)
Time: 13min. 6 sec. After 23 sec. Motor Run
Location: Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA
Weather: Sunny with 5-8 MPH breeze.

Thanks Again, Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is online now Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:48 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
Paulbilbo91z9f's Avatar
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
215 Posts
Converted ASPIRE

Hi Trent,

Here are 2 pictures of my winter project 3.7M ASPIRE Disser E-Conversion. She looks pretty and I hope it will trim out and fly as good as it looks. So far my test flights and trimming is going as expected and I'm very happy with it.

It's fitted out with a Hacker B40:10L motor with a 4:4-1 gearbox and 17"x8 carbon folder. In my initial test flights the motor is drawing just over 1,000 watts (1,026W) and 71 Amps. The climb rate on that big sailplane is 550 Meters / Minute and it will get me to 200M in anywhere from 18 to 24 seconds on my RAM. (Good ALES time.)

As I said, I did work on this glider because it was just a little banged up when I got it. I was told that it was flow into a set of power-lines and cut the top of the fin off the tail. Who can be the first to look at the pictures and tell me where I stole the rudder and fin from?

Have a good weekend guys,

Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is online now Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:02 PM
Chess club geek with wings
blunight's Avatar
Brainerd, MN
Joined Aug 2008
1,053 Posts
Murph,
Wow, that is one beautiful work of flying art! Good luck with the upcoming trim flights, I'm sure you will be posting some winning times soon
blunight is online now Find More Posts by blunight
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
MMR
Martian
Joined Mar 2007
434 Posts
Marin Rudolph (MMR)
Glider name: Arrow Legend DLG
Thermal or Slope: Thermal
Date and Time of flight:6/24/12 11:00AM
Duration of flight: 51:43
Location: Wilson, NC

Hot and sticky eastern NC day - I went out to our club field in Wilson, NC to fly DLG and TD. There are a couple of us that like to fly 'extreme duration' - basically seeing how long we can stay aloft
Essentially I got lucky that I launced into a prolonged lift cycle that allowed me to stay way high for a long time., it was also too early for any signifcant sink to delop - that started after lunch...

I think this is my DLG PB.

Martin
MMR is offline Find More Posts by MMR
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Joined Aug 2004
959 Posts
Forest Flyer
High Aspect 3.1m
Thermal
June 24, 2012, 4:10 pm
Duration: 79 minutes 26 seconds (climb of 20 seconds already subtracted)
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA

Calm but challenging conditions today. The flight started with weak sunshine through a high overcast. The thermals were fairly abundant, but not going any higher than about 600 - 700 feet; that was the case for the first 50 minutes of the flight, and several low-level rescues were needed. The sky then cleared, and decent strong thermals developed fairly quickly. The last 20 minutes were pretty easy, mainly spent drifting around in broad, high lift. The flight was cut short by the need to get dinner going (my day to cook).

FF
Forest Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Forest Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Joined Aug 2004
959 Posts
Forest Flyer
Andromeda 2 m (Art Hobby)
Thermal
June 23, 2012, 3:15 pm
Duration: 33 minutes 12 seconds (climb of 10 seconds already subtracted)
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA

Had time on Saturday to take a shot at that nice 63 minute 2-meter time set by Erik S. The best that I could do was about 33 minutes. All of my attempts were ended by huge areas of strong sink, stronger than I have seen in some time. I managed to avoid those periods of sink for about a half-hour on this particular flight.

Best to all,

FF
Forest Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Forest Flyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:35 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMR View Post
Marin Rudolph (MMR)
Glider name: Arrow Legend DLG
Thermal or Slope: Thermal
Date and Time of flight:6/24/12 11:00AM
Duration of flight: 51:43
Location: Wilson, NC

Hot and sticky eastern NC day - I went out to our club field in Wilson, NC to fly DLG and TD. There are a couple of us that like to fly 'extreme duration' - basically seeing how long we can stay aloft
Essentially I got lucky that I launced into a prolonged lift cycle that allowed me to stay way high for a long time., it was also too early for any signifcant sink to delop - that started after lunch...

I think this is my DLG PB.

Martin
Outstanding flight Marin.
Puts you on top of the leaderboard.
Congratulations on the PB!
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:38 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Flyer View Post
Forest Flyer
Andromeda 2 m (Art Hobby)
Thermal
June 23, 2012, 3:15 pm
Duration: 33 minutes 12 seconds (climb of 10 seconds already subtracted)
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA

Had time on Saturday to take a shot at that nice 63 minute 2-meter time set by Erik S. The best that I could do was about 33 minutes. All of my attempts were ended by huge areas of strong sink, stronger than I have seen in some time. I managed to avoid those periods of sink for about a half-hour on this particular flight.

Best to all,

FF
You really were "cooking" today Forest!
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:15 AM
Registered User
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMR View Post
Marin Rudolph (MMR)
Glider name: Arrow Legend DLG
Thermal or Slope: Thermal
Date and Time of flight:6/24/12 11:00AM
Duration of flight: 51:43
Location: Wilson, NC

Hot and sticky eastern NC day - I went out to our club field in Wilson, NC to fly DLG and TD. There are a couple of us that like to fly 'extreme duration' - basically seeing how long we can stay aloft
Essentially I got lucky that I launced into a prolonged lift cycle that allowed me to stay way high for a long time., it was also too early for any signifcant sink to delop - that started after lunch...

I think this is my DLG PB.

Martin
Awsome flight, but darn you could have waited till next month so my 32 mins could have won this month lol!
I have something to aim for now. It's pretty rare to get thermals lasting that long round here though but with the dlg I stand a better chance then with the other powered gliders once I get some height! Tomorrow looks like posible flying day apart from rain in afternoon but forcast light winds in morn so fingers crossed I might actually get some flying in.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:48 AM
MMR
Martian
Joined Mar 2007
434 Posts
Go for it Nigel!

Hopefully you will have a decent flying day soon and the thermal gods will be good to you.

Martin
MMR is offline Find More Posts by MMR
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Bouras Slope Flyers
FRIDAY_2008's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
480 Posts
Help me here guys

I am following this thread but I can tell i miss something.

There are flights that lasted more of an hour but yet a time that is less than that you say it wins.

Is it that a flight counts from motor stop or (handlaunch) to land or you count the total time someone is flying regardless how many time he has had to launch ?

I am a bit confused.

I timed two different times. 17mins after shutting off to land and another 20mins again after shutting off to land.

Does these count as a 37min flight or two flights ?

Thanks guys
FRIDAY_2008 is online now Find More Posts by FRIDAY_2008
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIDAY_2008 View Post
Help me here guys

I am following this thread but I can tell i miss something.

There are flights that lasted more of an hour but yet a time that is less than that you say it wins.

Is it that a flight counts from motor stop or (handlaunch) to land or you count the total time someone is flying regardless how many time he has had to launch ?

I am a bit confused.

I timed two different times. 17mins after shutting off to land and another 20mins again after shutting off to land.

Does these count as a 37min flight or two flights ?

Thanks guys
Those count as two separate flights.
If I have posted something wrong, please let me know.
Thanks,
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Bouras Slope Flyers
FRIDAY_2008's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Mar 2008
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Flyer View Post
Forest Flyer
High Aspect 3.1m
Thermal
June 24, 2012, 4:10 pm
Duration: 79 minutes 26 seconds (climb of 20 seconds already subtracted)
Location: Terre Haute, IN, USA

several low-level rescues were needed.
Because of the rescues, isn't this the best time ?
FRIDAY_2008 is online now Find More Posts by FRIDAY_2008
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest The May Big Sky International Electric Sailplane Contest JumpySticks Electric Sailplanes 68 Jun 01, 2012 04:39 PM
Contest The april big sky international electric sailplane contest JumpySticks Electric Sailplanes 62 May 04, 2012 10:14 AM
Contest The march big sky international electric soaring contest JumpySticks Electric Sailplanes 63 Apr 01, 2012 09:05 AM
Contest The february big sky international soaring contest JumpySticks Electric Sailplanes 63 Feb 29, 2012 07:21 PM
Discussion The june big sky longest duration contest for all electric launched gliders aeajr Electric Sailplanes 62 Jul 09, 2011 08:53 AM