HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,893 Posts
Mini-Review
E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e !

I came across yet another Poll Thread discussing FMS vs. ParkZone models and you can see it at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1660758

Perhaps the objective of this Poll Thread might not be clear from OP, however, I own and fly lots of RC Foam Models both from FMS (Airfield) and Park Zone and E-Flite.

Yes, E-Flite has the foam Hawker Hurricane 25e and originally got it used at a good deal and burned up some Gasoline to pick it up as it was a Local Pickup Sale and was considering to re-sell it and since it has NOT sold, I decided to go fly it and produce a Demo Video to help the sale. Well, that did not help but, I can tell you that I may NOT sell it after all as the E-Flite (Horizon Hobby) product has advanced design and flying abilities and most importantly without the worry of cheap electronics or paint job quality issues.

This past Saturday, I had to "Bind" the provided AR600 with my Spektrum DX7 and it was super easy and everything fell in place as all I did was perform a Copy Function on my DX7 from my ParkZone Spitfire Mk IX as it also has retracts and it was like super fast. The only thing I had to do was to reverse the Rudder and that is it. No further Adjustments to the flaps nor main retract gear!!!

E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e Flight Characteristics:
Just awesome manners and it is FAST for the size of the model (50+ inch wing span) and also, it is light for the size Z-Foam Model. I did not have enough time to tame down those ailerons as in the Video that I linked, was the first time I have flown it since I purchased it. However, it was very manageable and I was able to command the model very accurately and without any fuss. It goes where you point her on the sticks. Rudder is very effective and landings are very nice and no issues considering it shares the narrow landing gear stance like the Spitfire.

You can visit my FOR-SALE Thread at:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659661

You can see the Video here yourselves and sorry about the Static Video as I got to the flying site too late and no one else was there!
E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e RC Airplane Bind N Fly with E-Flite Retracts 05-26-2012 (4 min 16 sec)

Yesterday, I sold a new, never flown FMS / Airfield F4U Corsair (All NAVY BLUE) with 90-Degree Rotational Retracts to a gentleman that had to have it locally for a cool $175 Cash! Why did I sell it? Because I just did not feel those retracts were going to hold up and the Paint was coming off after just a few handling of the model around the house. Yes, I do have Central Air!

Therefore, it is my belief that if you want to go as cheapest possible to get a specific model then, go right ahead but, do not come back and complain that the ESC or STOCK BEC failed on your model in mid-flight or that the model is pretty difficult in transport etc...etc.......etc.....
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,893 Posts
Enjoying my E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e!

Guys,

Bringing this thread to Bass Tax and Reality, I am posting these fantastic high resolution pictures from the one and only David Hart (Dwhart24) who is the official photographer for at least one RC Magazine and one of the official photographer's for the TOP GUN, BIG GUN, BIG WARBIRD etc...etc....

These were taken at our Moon Port Modelers RC Club in Titusville, Florida. Thank goodness for the Aluminum Shelters so, we can work and charge our batteries in the shade!!!

David caught me trying to perform a Bob Hover one wheel touch down in an alternative form. (Touch one wheel and then, command that model to touch the other one wheel on the opposite side). See what happen at the end!

Thanks David! (I am glad you decided to re-join our RC Club!)

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member