HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by iamsuperbleeder, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Licensed Lunatic
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
For Sale
Traxxas Slash 4x4 - upgraded and TONS of extra parts - LOTS of photos

I've had a ton of fun with this truck, but now it's been spending most of it's days sitting on the shelf now collecting dust as I've moved onto other RCs and other projects, and I hate to see the truck neglected like it is. I'd much rather see somebody else enjoy this awesome truck.

This truck has been a huge learning curve for me, both with the truck specifically, and with RC's in general. It started as a used roller (that was my first mistake), and about the only thing left on it now that was on it when I got it is the died chassis and the diff gears. Literally everything else has been replaced. A few months ago I completely went through the truck and replaced all of the bearings, replaced the front and rear bulk head assemblies, installed new shock towers and body mounts, replaced the tie rods and steering linkage, replace the center drive shaft, and installed a bunch of other upgrades. It's build to the point now that's it's almost bulletproof. Right now it has:

*Raptor 2wd Traxxas brand body (has about 7 or 8 runs on it. shows the normal wear, but no cracks and is in pretty good shape. it's been reinforced with gorilla tape and aluminum tape at the mounting holes and on the sides)
*Traxxas Velineon system (I purchased this brand new when I got the truck. has about 25-30 runs on it, never been overheated and has only ever been ran on 2s lipos, never seen 3s or even a NiMh pack)
*Integy motor heat sink with a dual ball bearing fan installed (larger than the Integy fan that comes with the mount. also better quality; the Integy fan lasted all of 2 runs...)
*MIP axles all the way around (the inner joints at the diffs have Revo axle screw pins installed instead of the grub screws they come with; these WONT back off like grub screws. they only have 5 or 6 runs on them)
*Traxxas brand aluminum axle carriers all the way around
*Traxxas sway bars (all 4 sway bars from the kit included)
*KingHeadz motor mount
*Revo HD slipper clutch
*RPM control arms all the way around (currently black installed in the front and blue in the rear. show the normal scuffs and wear)
*RPM bumpers front and rear (show the normal scuffs and wear)
*Stock shocks running roughly 50wt oil (a mixture of 30wt and 70wt)
*Stock 2075 steering servo (have never had any issues with it; still as strong as ever)
*Stock Kumho Road Venture tires (plenty of tread left on them)
*Metal front diff drive drive shaft adapter

I'm sure I'm missing something, but the photos should answer anything else you might be wondering about.

Now on to the included parts, and there's a LOT of them.

*** THE PLASTIC CONTAINERS SHOWN IN ANY OF THE PHOTOS ARE NOT INCLUDED!!! THAT'S JUST WHAT I HAVE THEM IN RIGHT NOW ***

I'm not even sure where to begin... There's some new parts and a lot of used parts. Some of the things include:

*Original body. VERY beat up, but still holds together and would make for a good basher body
*Integy steel roll cage which I have plastic panels that I made zip tied to it that give it a really cool looking dune buggy look. The cage can also be mounted and a stock body still installed over it if the front and rear panels are removed. Also have some side panels that screw to the chassis to complete the dune buggy look.
*BAGS and BAGS of used parts that I removed when I went through and rebuild the truck. Most are in perfectly good shape, although a little dirty. They all make for good spare parts though. There's everything from bulk heads and shock towers, to axle carriers and bearings, a full set of shocks and springs, a receiver box, and there's even a pair of Techno RC axles in one of the bags (only two axle shafts, but I had a full set at one time so the stubs that connect to the diffs are in there somewhere too)
*Stock front and rear bumpers; beat up looking, but not broken
*A full set of Dynamite Speedtreads Konekt wheels and tires (one has a small tear repair, and I think the inside of one needs to be reglued)
*FULL and UNTOUCHED decal sheet for the Raptor body, and a half used decal sheet for a stock body as well.
*In the plastic containers (which are not included, remember ), there's all kinds of stuff like shocks and springs and a bunch of shock parts, axle carriers, control arms, stock axles, pinions and spurs, a complete stock slipper, some new and slightly used wheel bearings and a new bearing for the Kingheads mount, a bunch of body clips and body saver washers.

Also have the box the Velineon system came in when I bought it new, and not pictured but also included is the Slash 4x4 pamphlet that comes with the truck new and the center drive shaft cover which I just found after taking these photos.

** This is what the truck looks like with the cage and panels installed **

And also included is 3 2s lipos that I used with the truck. Two Gens Ace 5000mah and a Skylipo 5000mah, all 40c. The Gens Ace packs probably have 15-20 runs each on them, and the Sky is fairly new and has maybe 6 or 7 runs on it. They've all been balance charged every time and have always been placed at a storage charge when not in use (which is how they are right now and how they will be shipped). They don't show any signs of puffing. I soldered the Traxxas connectors on them personally, and put heat shrink on them too (even though you're not suppose to need it with the Traxxas connectors... I still like to...). None have any of the ROAR approved stickers on them, although they're all suppose to be ROAR approved.

Now, I'd really like to sell this as one huge lot. That is, everything shown above together.

Would like to get $600 plus actual shipping for everything. If you're interested, send me a PM and give me your zip code and give me at the most a day to get the actual shipping cost.

I'll also consider selling it minus a few things:
*less the VXL system, -$100
*less the lipos, -$30

Also have a Spektrum SR3300T RX in it currently that I will leave in for additional $50 (will include telemetry sensors along with it, although not currently installed on the truck. use to have the temp sensor installed on the motor and it works great)

Please do not ask if you can buy just the batteries, tires, spare parts, or even if I'll part the truck out. I do not wish to split anything up just yet. If the truck goes without the batteries, then I'll list the batteries in a separate listing. Also please do no send me low-ball offers... This truck has had a LOT of money put into it. My asking price is no where NEAR what's been put into it and I feel it's a fair price.

Thanks for looking!
iamsuperbleeder is offline Find More Posts by iamsuperbleeder
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2012, 08:16 PM
Licensed Lunatic
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
if everything's bought together fully loaded (truck and parts, Velineon system, lipos, and Spektrum RX) I'll waive shipping, so $650 shipped (CONUS). all that you would need is a Spektrum TX and a lipo charger (which I know a great majority of people already have) and you'd be ready to rock
Old May 30, 2012, 08:08 PM
Licensed Lunatic
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
New pricing. Shipping is on the house now. All prices below are shipped to your door!

*Take it as an upgraded roller with all the spare parts, bodies, cage, and tires for $450 shipped (that's $20 off the original asking price BTW)
*Add the Velineon system for another $100
*Lipos with it for another $30
*Spektrum RX with it, add another $50

*Price for EVERYTHING now is $630 shipped <-- that's add your Spektrum TX and lipo charger and you're ready to roll

I will not sell the Velineon system, lipos, or RX by themselves unless the truck and all the parts are sold without them, so don't bother asking

Also not looking to trade; $$$ only (to fund other projects)

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Still up for sale?
GHMO91 is offline Find More Posts by GHMO91
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 0