SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,986 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Wanted
Cowl for 1/4 scale Hangar 9 Super Cub

I need a new or useable Cowl for my old Cub I;m restoring.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 07:33 PM
Eternal Child
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Sep 2009
38 Posts
Trader Rating: 316
Hi, Earl.

I got this from Fiberglass Specialties website:

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm

HN-6 Super Cub, 1/4 scale, cowl $38.00
stevster is offline Find More Posts by stevster
Old May 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevster View Post
Hi, Earl.

I got this from Fiberglass Specialties website:

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/catalog.htm

HN-6 Super Cub, 1/4 scale, cowl $38.00
Hi Steve-I just got one of those,and although it fits,it isn't as long as the one supplied with the Arf.Thanks though.I respect Fiberglassspecialties,but the cowl listed is too short,as shown....Apparently I need an original Hangar Nine.When installed,it shortens the nose too much....looks stubby.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
50 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Super Cub Cowl

Hi! Due to the detail and lay up process using west system, cowls are made per order and allow two weeks for shipment! This super cub cowl is my best seller for the fussy builder that demands the best overall scale look! PM me with your firewall dimensions, and I will also quote price. You can check my feedback on RCU under probuilder.
probuilder is offline Find More Posts by probuilder
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:31 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by probuilder View Post
Hi! Due to the detail and lay up process using west system, cowls are made per order and allow two weeks for shipment! This super cub cowl is my best seller for the fussy builder that demands the best overall scale look! PM me with your firewall dimensions, and I will also quote price. You can check my feedback on RCU under probuilder.
Probuilder-- Just the man I was looking for! I heard you were making these. I have a SIG 1/4 scale Cub framed up but I want to modify it for a PA-18 conversion. Do you know if your cowl will work straigt away or will I have to modify the firewall? PM me price and details when you can.

Thanks,
Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,986 Posts
uh oh cowl

Since this is a fun scale airplane,I took another road-from a Hangar Nine Super Cub,to a Cute lil' J-3...Man those Top Notch cylinders look great!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:04 AM
Wasn't my fault, I had it and
United States, WV, Ripley
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Earl,
I need a cowl for my old 1/4 scale Hanger 9 Cub. It was sold but the buyer backed out, so I decided to keep and "Dress" her up a little, so to speak. If you want to sell that cowl, I may be interested. I need the length of yours to see it I can get it to fit mine.
Wacky1 is online now Find More Posts by Wacky1
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:10 AM
Canada, ON, Dryden
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacky1 View Post
Earl,
I need a cowl for my old 1/4 scale Hanger 9 Cub. It was sold but the buyer backed out, so I decided to keep and "Dress" her up a little, so to speak. If you want to sell that cowl, I may be interested. I need the length of yours to see it I can get it to fit mine.
Has anyone tried the new super cub PA18 from hanger 9 engine cowl on the hanger 9 J3? Wanting to convert and to me this seems to make most sense. Any thoughts?
HELI-MECH is offline Find More Posts by HELI-MECH
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:50 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,986 Posts
The Hangar 9 J-3 and Super Cub are two different airplanes from the instrument panel forward....
You may be able to 'force-fit' the Super Cub on the J-3, but it'll be a little work.

The look alike until you get them side by side.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
Canada, ON, Dryden
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
The Hangar 9 J-3 and Super Cub are two different airplanes from the instrument panel forward....
You may be able to 'force-fit' the Super Cub on the J-3, but it'll be a little work.

The look alike until you get them side by side.
That's ok, I don't mind doing some fuselage and firewall work to make it fit. I was just hoping it would be of the most scale of the super cub cowl options.
HELI-MECH is offline Find More Posts by HELI-MECH