SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
The art of airbrush
Österreich
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking drops down to only one Buddy code per order

Realized today that only one buddy code per order is allowed now.

And only for 3 pcs.

Seems to render the system useless except for expensive items.
rcpaintworks is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintworks
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 02:09 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
bad hobbyking bad

I was disappointed when it was 3.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old May 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
As much as it sucks.. It makes sense.. the prices are already really cheap without them. Just use them sparingly.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old May 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Also agreed, with only one, they should simply stop it... With 3 it was pretty much useless already.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old May 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
offer a deal on shipping instead!
davidvm3 is offline Find More Posts by davidvm3
Old May 28, 2012, 06:46 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
335 Posts
Everybody should offer deals on shipping. The little 5% & 10% Discounts they offer don't even put a dent on the SHIPPING price. GAS is going down so why aren't They Following ? ? ? ? ?
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old May 29, 2012, 01:20 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirdredd View Post
Everybody should offer deals on shipping. The little 5% & 10% Discounts they offer don't even put a dent on the SHIPPING price. GAS is going down so why aren't They Following ? ? ? ? ?
I agree with the HK part, but gas is going down? where, it's 4.45 here
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old May 29, 2012, 01:49 AM
This Calls for a Sexy Party
Minneapolis
Joined Sep 2010
639 Posts
at least i placed my last order in on time.
i think order 3 pieces and use the cheapest shipping option (100g) could actually save some money. I'll have to do the math next time.

p.s : i actually knocked almost $10 off my last $55 before shipping order
StewieRC is offline Find More Posts by StewieRC
Old May 30, 2012, 07:08 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
268 Posts
Dang. I ordered on the 26th and it was limited to 2 buddy code items per order. They must have decided that was still too much for them within a day or two and bumped it down to just one now.

No good. And now we need to compare how much savings each item is to be sure we apply the buddycode to the 1 item that will save us the most pennies. Kinda ridiculous.

I think it would be much more productive for them to drop all the buddycode nonsense and just bump up the "points" system from 1% of what you spend to 2%. Many reasons why that would be a wonderful option for them.
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is offline Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old May 30, 2012, 08:07 AM
The art of airbrush
Österreich
Joined Jul 2010
83 Posts
Under the aspect that hobbyking is now facing more and more competition in it's prime market from other china sellers I think the latest moves with their buddy system is contra productive for them. Take a example:
FP100 micro help from HK US$28,99 + a whopping 1,5kg shipping US 23,59 totals to US$ 52,58. You can get the exactly same product labeled as V911 with free shipping from banggood for US$ 40,65. (or take the BNF for US$19,98 incl. shipping - not available at HibbyKong).
For multirotor equipement goodluckbuy has better prices due to free shipping.
And so on.

I've filled my orders in the past with cheap buddy code stuff all the time to justify sometimes high shipping charges, but now I can't justify.
I've often ordered a lot more items and spares as actually needed due to the nice buddy code systems.

And on a lot of HibbyKong items prices went up also lately ...

Since they've reduced the allowed item count and the count of pcs per item for biddy codes my order count per month dropped dramatically.

OK, this saves me a lot of money but I think this can't be Anthony's intention.
rcpaintworks is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintworks
Old May 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
104 Posts
Im glad I placed my big orders in time before any limits were in place. I just placed a couple smaller orders and saw it was limited to 2 and then to 1. I was definitely spoiled, filling up the cart with cheap items to maximize shipping. At this point, it may make sense to place multiple smaller orders at 3 or 4 dollar shipping.

Hopefully they will find a way to come down on shipping a little bit, or start carrying move inventory at the US warehouse. Still, in many cases, they're the cheapest option out there. Id like to see leaders hobby step up their game as far as customer service and inventory. Theyre already blowing the doors off everyone else on low budget 450 kits, but they just dont have a big enough selection of miscellaneous parts.
GuitsBoy is offline Find More Posts by GuitsBoy