SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by puplover, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
United States, VA, Gainesville
Joined Oct 2007
10 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
For Sale
Sterling SCHWEIZER SGS 1-34 R/C Sailplane, ARC, vintage

I built this vintage Sterling Models sailplane kit SGS 1-34 (# FS 26) back in the mid 70s after seeing a fellow modeler (Bill Baker) fly one at our old Quinapoxit flying field in Holden, Mass. So I bought and built one and got as far as what you see in the pix. I did have to fix some dings after 38 years.

Scale 2'=1ft.(1/6 scale) Wingspan.... 8' 2- 1/2" Area... 615 sq.in.

Weight... 2-1/2 lbs (less R/C equip). Modified Eiffel 400 soaring airfoil.

Will launch with a Cox .09 or any.10 engine ( throttle not needed and about 1-1/2 minutes of fuel) with a power-pod of choice or set up with a tow line hook for R/C tow plane assist. The kit power-pod parts were lost along the way but the outlines are on the plan to copy and build but a pre-built plastic pod would be lighter. The elev.and rudder pushrods are installed and are both attached inside the fuselage.

The model needs to be final sanded, tail wheel or skid?, the horizontal stab glued in, a balsa peice put over the tail cone, hinges glued in, R/C gear installed, and then covered. ( I have 4 six ft. rolls of white Towercoat for an extra 32.00)

The canopy is mint, the plans are not mint but can be followed for all info. The Kraft wheel is installed Some of the decals from the sheet can probably be used and the rest are good enough to copy from.

Asking 280.00.

This is local PU for obvious reasons but I will drive to meet in a 100 mile radius from Gainesville, VA. (If you have money to burn I will ship in professional box)

Will answer your questions. Also cell# is 571-213-6833

Thanks for looking
puplover is offline Find More Posts by puplover
Last edited by puplover; May 29, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2013, 01:29 AM
Joined Sep 2006
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hey there,
Did you ever sell the Schweitzer? I ask because I have a partial kit in need of plans, and would pay for a copy of them...
I have some very reduced plans in the AMA kit plan book, but they are just 8x5 or so, really small. My kit has the decals, canopy, a little bit of wood and nose cone, and the power nacelle parts. Otherwise, nothing. I am tempted to build one, but no plans.
I am active on RCuniverse, not so much over here on groups.
Dave Fritzke
fritzke is offline Find More Posts by fritzke