HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 08:50 AM
Noob of the Skies
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
I am a Noob. A noob with questions.

Good day forums that I have never posted in before.

Alright, alright, lets skip the pleasantries. I love you, etc.

So, I have this issue. Remember those stupid RC ufo toys?

http://www.amazon.com/UFO-Flying-Sau...198248&sr=1-60
^Example

Ok, so this sort of kind of maybe counts as a coaxial rotor in a very retarded way.

But yeah, this was just to give everyone a clearer picture of what I'm talking about.

Obviously, this PoS isn't nearly as good as it could be.

I'm working on a very interesting project that would use this idea (I have no idea what to call this broken egg rotor) for some very interesting results....super secret.

Yeah so, my question for you guys, should you choose to help me, is how to maximize the effectiveness of this design.

I can build it from scratch. But some of you guys know far more than me about this kind of stuff.

Any ideas on how to take this half retarded looking ufo and turn it into a effective rotor of doom?

Huzah to my first post on this forum.
SoulxCatcher is offline Find More Posts by SoulxCatcher
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 12:28 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,454 Posts
Welcome to the forum but, sorry. I can't help with this one.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old May 30, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,341 Posts
It is already a very effective design. It achieves considerable lift, with low rpms and minimal power consumption.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; May 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:45 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulxCatcher View Post
....Yeah so, my question for you guys, should you choose to help me, is how to maximize the effectiveness of this design.

I can build it from scratch. But some of you guys know far more than me about this kind of stuff.

Any ideas on how to take this half retarded looking ufo and turn it into a effective rotor of doom?

Huzah to my first post on this forum.
Hi.

Actually I conceived the initial design for what later became the Vectron Ultralite, from which VERY many rip-offs ensued, some better, some worse.

I know exactly how it works.

As a Physicist and Engineer, I helped Spinmaster, the major distributor who brought the original to North America, win an important legal case, since the person working in the same Chinese factory as I at the time, who claimed it as his in my absence, had no real understanding of how it actually functioned, and in fact then took out a later patent incorporating what I instructed Spinmaster.

So of course I know what would make the production design, the molds of which were more or less exactly copied to make the myriad illegal ripoffs [Karma for "theft"?], more efficient.

I wish you Good Luck
[that is unfortunately all that I am willing to offer at this time, sorry ....].

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,341 Posts
Well Lee, I'm impressed.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,535 Posts
[takes polite, but stupid-me, bow ....]

In my defense, the culprit was my last "ally" in the factory at the time, and HIS American "mentor", that factory's USA salesman, was still mad at me for being involved with my own contract negotiation, and would have killed, or anyway not pushed, the item on Wal-Mart if he knew I was behind it. So I reasoned that it was a nice toy that wouldn't otherwise reach the market if I fought it out [factory owners said "you guys fight it out", not our problem]. And my main goal was to convince the factory owner to be a partner in other ventures, incl. MY own airplane they had stopped working on, instead going gung-ho on the Ultralite.

OF COURSE, although my decades or creating mass-mkt toys (for large US-based international companies) indicated this was exactly the kind of stupid nonsense the masses like [S. was supposed to be a 50-50 partner on flying toys, w/ me doing the physical part and he the electronics, though all he did was buy a small hobby R/C unit! I had to argue with him for a half-hour that it was marketable .... AND take the video of it which went to Wal-Mart with no mention of moi, ] .... if I had any clue as to how popular it would be, certainly WOULD have fought.

Anyway the episode gave me inroads to Spimaster, and I made further money with the factory owner as partner. But not close to what the others made from my nicely working UFO toy concept, and not close to what the rip-offs made [if I'd been officially in the loop, I would have insisted they take out a registered copyright for the much-copied mold form!].

xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee