HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Jul 2011
404 Posts
Discussion
LiPo Battery Question - I did read the sticks

I did read the sticks but could find the answer.

I use 2 x 4S 5000mah or 2 x 4s 4S 5800mah batteries for my multirotor, these are 5 months old sets (Zippy and Turnigy) with adequate C rating.

But after a few cicles, no more than 20, I'm having a dramatic decrease of the total capacity of the battery (4200mah with the 5800mah one) and I get the lipo alarm after 2-3 minutes of flight (with a new 5000mah I get 7-8min) , but when I take the voltage of the cell it reads 3.85V (the alarm is that cheap 3.3V buzzer)

Things to consider:
- Never overdischarged these batteries. (I use it to 3,3V, but now i'm using 3.65V)
- I'm using a hyperion 720i duo3 charger - I always balance the batteries
- I never charge over 2C
- My multirotor uses about 90A for hovering and maximum 180A.
- Batteries are at least 35C but I use 2 in parallel.

Is there anything I can do to recover this batteries? Test or anything?
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 08:57 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,361 Posts
Not using more than 80% of the LiPolys capacity is more accurate for longer life than using an afyer flight voltage. The open (no load) voltage is a good aprox. indicator but what is replace by the charger if it ios an accurat one is more accurate. THe remaining % displayed by chargers iat the start of a charge is not very accurate.

Perhaps read my LiPoly Management post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...61&postcount=1
\LiPolys once then are dammaged can not be recoved ,tricjk ios to never abuse them from the start.

Proper Storage is very important as is never pulling so many amps. or discharging so much that they get hot.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer