SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 04, 2003, 03:33 PM
Joined Jan 2003
138 Posts
Auto throttle calibration, pixie 7

Would like to know how the auto throttle calibration on the Pixie7 works? When does it auto calibrate? Must you move the transmitter throttle stick up and down before this happens?

Once it learns the transmitters charecteristics ( pulse widths for low to high throttle) how do you change it for a different transmitter?

There is nothing in the instructions that mentions how it works.

Thanks,

Flierbk
flierbk is offline Find More Posts by flierbk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:27 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
Upon power up, you need to give the plane full throttle for four seconds before takeoff. That sets the edpoints for the controller. It resets every time it's powered up in auto mode, so it automatically sets for a different Tx's.

Shawn
Shawn Palmer is offline Find More Posts by Shawn Palmer
Old Nov 06, 2003, 09:36 PM
Sebring, Fl
Joined Jul 2003
93 Posts
Auto calibrate

Hi Shawn,

Don't mean to hi-jack this post but I run a Phoenix 25 and have the same question. Does 4 seconds of full throttle BEFORE arming (power up with stick high) do the trick or do I have to climb the Tantrum to the stratosphere after takeoff?

Thanks,

Willem
willembad is offline Find More Posts by willembad
Old Nov 07, 2003, 09:28 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
No, it's after it's armed - but can be on the ground if you'd rather not get smacked by airliner traffic.

Shawn
Old Nov 07, 2003, 10:29 PM
Sebring, Fl
Joined Jul 2003
93 Posts
Thanks

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. I got to slip out today to do a little flying (I was thinking about you guys, really ) and I tried different ways of arming the P25. A little while after power up at full throttle it makes one tone and then two tones at low throttle to arm. I thought this was auto calibrating tones, but I guess not

I'll just ask one of the slimers at the field to hold the plane while I do the run-up. Maybe they will respect the "little electric plane" more after - got to love them Razors

Thanks again,

Willem
willembad is offline Find More Posts by willembad
Old Nov 08, 2003, 01:55 AM
Gravity brings me down
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,232 Posts
I am stumbling toward enlightenment with a Hummingbird, and asked a question about CC ESCs to a similar effect.

So the idea behind turning off the auto-calibrate and going to a fixed throttle range for FP heli applications is so that we don't have to run 4 seconds of full throttle and then wonder where the little Hummingbird disappeared to?
Earthbound is offline Find More Posts by Earthbound
Old Nov 08, 2003, 10:41 AM
Joined Jan 2003
138 Posts
Well I tried to calibrate mine by opening the throttle about 7/8 of the travel on the transmitter stick, ran it for four seconds and came all the way back to closed throttle, then figured it should go to full throttle at 7/8 stick BUT the motor speed increased past past 7/8 travel when it should have stopped increasing speed at 7/8.

Maybe some one else can try this and let us know what happens, it dosen't seem right.

Flierbk
flierbk is offline Find More Posts by flierbk
Old Nov 10, 2003, 09:50 AM
Schumacher USA
Tampa FL
Joined Jul 2000
3,038 Posts
Earthbound - absolutely.

Flierbk - If the controller gets a valid signal higher than it's seen before, it will recalibrate to the higher signal.

Shawn