HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Rssailor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, CA, Alameda
Joined Nov 2010
862 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
Radio control sailboat IOM for sale 650.00

This is an IOM sailboat for sale. This boat comes with no radio gear except the rudder servo. If someone need advice on what radio to use with the boat, let me know. You only need two channels to control the boat. The complete A rig for the boat is included that I built with Vector sails in June of 2011. The rig cost about four hundred fifty dollars and includes a ball race gooseneck, sailsetc. main and jib boom and the mast is a groovy 12.3MM section. I just rebuilt the rig and made it better with some of the rig tips that I have learned in the year or so that I have been back in model sailing. The boat will only need a radio, receiver battery and an RMG winch to make the boat sailable. If the buyer needs a sail winch, an RMG 280D can be include with drum for one hundred twenty five dollars extra. I would be happy to assist the whoever purchases the boat if they need advice on how to set the boat up. It is not a complicated boat and is a lot of fun to sail.
This is a great starter boat for anyone looking to get into racing or sailing RC sailboats. There are lots of clubs that sail IOMs, check on the AMYA website for club info.
I would be interested in a trade for an Infinity 54 and am ok with
Paying the difference in price.
Contact me if you want more info.
I would be happy to ship the boat to anyone in the US and of course buyer pays shipping. I have a tube for sending the mast in and can get a box for the boat, plus tube to store the rolled sails in.
Rssailor is offline Find More Posts by Rssailor
Last edited by Rssailor; Jun 10, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Nov 2010
862 Posts
The boat is still for sale. I would like to see it go to someone who will sail it and have fun with the boat.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined May 2012
16 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Is this boat still for sale? I'm in Oakland. Why are you selling it?
squandary is offline Find More Posts by squandary
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Nov 2010
862 Posts
Yes the boat is still for sale. I have two IOM's and can't sail both. I am looking to get either an Infinity 54 or a Soling. Really like this boat, and I sure have improved it a lot. I really think it will be fast in the right hands. Ryan
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
iom for sale $650

what is the weight of your IOM ? if it is light is there room for lead low near cl?thanks for any help you can give to the ?s seal1.email pachka12@gmail.com
seal1 is offline Find More Posts by seal1
Closed Thread