HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 30, 2012, 09:20 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,062 Posts
Go Ashley. Your work looks superb. Keep the pictures coming. We wish to see the progress.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2012, 12:08 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
This is what modelling and family values are alll about. It warms my heart to see a youngster building models as we did many years ago.

Way to go girl. We are all rootin for ya.

Frank
AMA # 5810
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Old May 31, 2012, 01:24 AM
CPA# 39
United States, MN, Brooklyn Center
Joined May 2009
731 Posts
It is always exciting when you see something that takes so agonizingly long to get anywhere- finally take shape.

The wing, for most, is where I hear the majority of complaints in a build. It takes time and endurance to adjust everything.... but when it is right- OH it is so worth it!

I am trying to teach Ashley, here, that the wing is the most interesting part of the build. Everything the airplane will be is determined mostly by this one project- the wing! For me, the wing, on any aircraft, is the most exciting part of the build! But it wasn't always this way. I had to learn it.

Ashley is a very patient person, but very eager to get at it. I am enjoying her excitement! I am glad she really does seem to enjoy this.

Unfortunately for her, because we use aliphatic resin, we are about to enter a phase that will take a couple of days because it is so important things dry at particular intervals before we move on. But, by moving slower, we are actually moving faster. We won't have to keep going back to fix our mistakes! You'll see what I mean when we get there. (Sheeting)

Brian
EscapeFlyer is online now Find More Posts by EscapeFlyer
Old May 31, 2012, 01:52 AM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
looking good! shes doing a great job. i like coming here and seeing these updates. cant wait to see it in the air.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe
Old May 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,589 Posts
Been watching intently,as Ashley goes about building her airplane.
I have an old Senior Telemaster,with untold flights....It's a really nasty ground handler,but when you learn to communicate with it,we can become airborne like pros,and not with full throttle....she just demands care,and I like to watch others flounder,while attempting to get her off the ground.

Hold the tail down,till you build up enough airspeed for the small rudder to become effective,same as full scale.

Immensly,satisfying,watching Ashley build.Well done.

8 year old Briana is learning to fly this one,once airborne.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old May 31, 2012, 01:36 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,427 Posts
Nice work Bipe.I have an 11 month old daughter and seeing your thread is inspiring. She already comes out to the field with me and points at the planes, calling them "kitty-kitty-kitty" (there are three things in her world. Mom, Dog-geees, and everything else is a kitty) hope she will grow up and want to build like yours. I'm subscribed.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old May 31, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Sep 2007
191 Posts
I just wanna know if it's gonna be pink?

Way to go ASHLEY!
SeamusG is offline Find More Posts by SeamusG
Old May 31, 2012, 10:02 PM
Australia, QLD, Numinbah Valley
Joined May 2011
114 Posts
Way to go Ashley!! And well done to Ashleys dad.... Guess I need to get miss 5 out of the stables and into the building shed (wish me luck)...
stormysrider is online now Find More Posts by stormysrider
Old Jun 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined May 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamusG View Post
I just wanna know if it's gonna be pink?

Way to go ASHLEY!
Her last one was! Brian, post the photo of the lost aircraft, I'm heading off to the post office right now.
Gray Beard is offline Find More Posts by Gray Beard
Old Jun 01, 2012, 02:49 PM
CPA# 39
Joined May 2009
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Beard View Post
Her last one was! Brian, post the photo of the lost aircraft, I'm heading off to the post office right now.

Actually, it was purple, dark grey, and white.

It is the plans built Joe Bridi RCM Advanced Trainer. WHAT AN AIRPLANE!!!! This sucker is capable of every pattern maneuver in the book. It had a ST .51 and it was a ROCKET! WAY too much airplane for a trainer.
If we build another one, it will be identical... including the rubber bands.

Today is the magic of Windex day!

Just wet it down with the ammonia from the Windex enough that the wood is pliable and will not crack and BINGO!!!

We have wing!

Center sheeting and cap strips today. Bell-crank assembly has to wait.

We will be at aviation days in Anoka,Mn municiple airport. I'll be showing off my Super Kaos and Ashley's wing. Probably won't see much action until next Monday...

'Till then!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:04 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Sep 2007
191 Posts
Y'all have figured out to do a great build thread - someone builds and the other clicks the pics!

Some serious patience being demonstrated young lady.
SeamusG is offline Find More Posts by SeamusG
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined May 2012
432 Posts
It's no secret about me being color blind, I think my pattern plane is white purple and pink?? I recall my wife telling me that.
Went to the post office today, something in the mail for Ashley and she gets to open it as soon as it's in her hands.
Gene
Gray Beard is offline Find More Posts by Gray Beard
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:41 PM
CPA# 39
Joined May 2009
731 Posts
We are excited Gene! Thank you!

Ashley was asking about it today too.

She wanted pink on the other one.... I'd probably let her do it this time if she wanted.

Quote:
SeamusG Y'all have figured out to do a great build thread - someone builds and the other clicks the pics!

Some serious patience being demonstrated young lady.
And I have an easy-chair downstairs next to the table to prove it!

With all sincerity, I have only demonstrated and she has taken over from there. This is about 99.5% of her work in front of her- and us.

Everything seems to move so slowly, but in reality, they are cooking along at a really good speed!

Brian
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,589 Posts
Don't rush to the end man-we have found our new entertainment. For you two,it's not the destination-it's the journey..Consider your hand shaken.....
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Closed Thread