SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
Discussion
Thunder ac680 Attn Thunder users

I bought the ac680 after realizing that I paid way too much too much for a Hyperion charger that did nothing more than the 680. So my question is for other people who use thunder chargers. (Please note that i know this is not the same company as thunder power.)
Are you guys getting accurate voltage readings from the charger. The charger will show on the screen that the battery is fully charge and I can scroll to the cell voltage screen and see that each cell is 4.2 or sometimes 4.19. So upon taking the battery off the charger and testing with a meter, I always get lower/lesser voltage readings. I am assuming that the charger is off and not fulling charging the batteries but I could be wrong.
Anyone else have this same issue? There is a slight possibility that is my batteries. As some have read in another post, I am not the best care taker of my lipos. I am actually going to hook one up to my 3s parkzone crappy charger and see what it reads ones done.
Thanks
Soar Neck is offline Find More Posts by Soar Neck
Last edited by Soar Neck; May 26, 2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo it is
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,731 Posts
While it would be great if all chargers did in fact give the same accuracy as a $100 plus digital Voltage Meter fact is many do not.

Quote:
I can scroll to the cell voltage screen and see that each cell is 4.2 or sometimes 3.19.
I am guessing the the the 3.19 is a typo and you meant 4.19, if that is the case then that is very good balancing.

To many wory to much about a 0.01 or 0.02 V difference. As long as the LiPoly cells are charged at or above 4.15 and the range is 4.15 to 4.2 and there is no greater than 0.02V difference all is good.

For years we charged LiPolys with chargers without LCD displays , no balancers and fact is very few LiPolys even had balancing leads.

Quote:
So upon taking the battery off the charger and testing with a meter, I always get lower/lesser voltage readings

What type of meter and has it been recently calibrated / checked? What voltage reading is it givig you?

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old May 28, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
Its a klein multimeter. Its fairly new
Soar Neck is offline Find More Posts by Soar Neck