Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Discussion
What is the best OSD with stabilization?

I am looking at purchasing a good quality OSD with stabilization and am considering:
Feiyu FY31AP 8 waypoint aircraft autopilot & Hornet OSD
Eagle Tree OSD Pro Pkg with 100A eLogger V4/Integrated Connectors and GPS V4 with Guardian Stabilization
Range Video OSD RVOSD5

I am looking for good reliability, support (USA), upgradability, expansion capability, and a good feature set. I am open to other products if anyone has other options as well.

Thank you.
Eric Tessmer is offline Find More Posts by Eric Tessmer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 04:34 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
772 Posts
Just get the RVOSD5 and enjoy your fpv experience!
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old May 28, 2012, 05:14 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
I've only tested the latter two and IMO I like the RVOSD5 better then ET OSD Pro + Guardian. This might be because of me never getting the Guardian to function properly but that might also be something that is better with RVOSD5, it's a pre-packaged solution that doesn't require much tuning to perform good.

I also like the way the flight information is presented on the RVOSD better the ET and the fact that I don't need LC-filters etc which I needed when using the ET OSD Pro. However I do also like that the ET is so configurable and modular, both pros and cons I guess. As a sidenote I still use ET standard OSD which I think is great for multicopters, power system info and altitude etc.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old May 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
VaZ
TheFlyer_PT
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
611 Posts
RVOSD G5 ! Had a problem with my groundstation yesterday, ran out of battery, so no video @ 10Km distance. I switched Return home mode, waited some long minutes, and guess who shows up.. my skywalker!

Cheers,
Vaz.
VaZ is offline Find More Posts by VaZ
Old May 28, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Sep 2011
37 Posts
Thanks for the feedback - the RVOSD5 does look very good. How is the support from RV?
Eric Tessmer is offline Find More Posts by Eric Tessmer