HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
Semper Fidelis...........
United States, CA, Calimesa
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Discussion
July meeting

July's meeting agenda will feature somewhere the ISR gang rarely goes. After sanding on the Lancair, and the FW190, I have decided along with Rick , to venture into vacume bagging. We have secured all the equipment needed, and I will be offering up as a sacrifice to the ISR annals of history, my BD-5 cores, and my mini machi cores as trial beds for my first vacume job. Hopefully Bill, and Carl-Brian-Danno, will be there to show us how it is done. I will have all the glass cut, the cores prepped, and the plastic skin thingiies ready to go, so all we should need to do is wet it out, and stick it in the bags. I have been enjoying actually working at the meetings lately, and getting back into learning-teaching as well at the meeting by other clubbies. See you guys tomorrow on the hill, with whatever I have ready to fly.............................

Doogie

p.s. I was trying to fix some spots on the Lancair with red finishing putty, and it buggered up the good paint areas by melting away the paint. Meetings are for learning not BS'ing. Lets get back to that format, and maybe some of us in the club can compete at Carl, Bill's, Ralph's, Brian's level of finish work someday...........off the soap box.....
Twinboom is offline Find More Posts by Twinboom
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:53 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,561 Posts
I'll be able to make the the July meeting, ... things are easing up a little.

Bill
MicroRotors is offline Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:44 AM
Team member-One day PSS Build!
Corona, CA.
Joined Sep 2003
1,445 Posts
That will be nice to see ya Bill!
Carlski is offline Find More Posts by Carlski
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Sherpa
La Quinta, Ca.
Joined Sep 2003
1,634 Posts
Still on for July 19 at Doug's home. That will give me a break from the heat and a chance to catch up with those of you I haven't seen in a while.Bring your projects and lets have fun.

Sherpa
Schwemmer is online now Find More Posts by Schwemmer
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
I am going to have the CNC running, so if anyone wnats something cut, bring your specs...

Doogie
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:23 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinboom View Post
I am going to have the CNC running, so if anyone wnats something cut, bring your specs...

Doogie
Well I have a 24 foot wing to cut, ...

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
24' wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRotors View Post
Well I have a 24 foot wing to cut, ...

Bill
You'll be in great company!!!!! I have some sand out back that could use some pounding...........
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:26 PM
Sherpa
La Quinta, Ca.
Joined Sep 2003
1,634 Posts
Doug that shouldnt be a problem, Just cut 12
2 foot wings and he can glue them together.

Sherpa
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwemmer View Post
Doug that shouldnt be a problem, Just cut 12
2 foot wings and he can glue them together.

Sherpa
Hey, ... I'm used to that.

Maybe I worderd that wrong, ... I have a 24 foot "Aileron" that needs cutting, ... Dang 747's

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
The ProCreator
United States, CA, Claremont
Joined Jan 2004
1,033 Posts
gonna try to make it.
Artsloper is online now Find More Posts by Artsloper
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
Sherpa and I calibrated the cnc this past Saturday, so if you guys have anything you need cut, bring the dimensions to the meeting and we will try and accomadate you. I am thinking since there are different ways of bagging, I will have the mini macchi wingset ready to go the way Kevin has done on his build thread. Next meeting at my place in Ocotber we can try a set with wood tips, leading edge, and te. How does thta sound? Bring your dimensions if you want some cores. The tip burnout deal was more about calibration then anything else it seems, but they still are on the thin side. Maybe Danno could chip in about his experience with tip burnout, and how he uses a fan on the small end to avoid same. Later,

Doogie]
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Sep 2006
21 Posts
Doogie, you need to understand the base material. The putty is and probably was a laquer base and your paint was obviously not compatible or was something like Krylon. There are specific things that work and even certain systems including resin systems can display non-curing or adverse characteristics. If it would be helpful for you, I can supply you with a general overview on what would work with what. Adhesives also fall into this category and not all are compatible or lose much of their strength when either combined or applied to specific materials. Let me know --best to Liz
EFMan is offline Find More Posts by EFMan
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Sep 2006
21 Posts
All apologize for the spelling error
EFMan is offline Find More Posts by EFMan
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Dec 2003
1,472 Posts
I amNOT going to be able to have the meetin at my place this evening. I have to work late as I just found out we are changing out a panel at a wastewater station. My apologies, but I just found out myself, and left my cell at home this morning.
My apologies,

Doug

I don't have time tyo call anyone so if someone could cancel, we can move it to next week if that will work.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sherpa
La Quinta, Ca.
Joined Sep 2003
1,634 Posts
Please disregard Doug's previous post and continue to plan on being at Doug's at 730 pm. Doug called at 10:09 and said he will make the meeting and it is still on. Sorry for the confusion but remember what BOSS really stands for .... "Double SOB" backwards.

Sherpa