HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 07:05 AM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
154 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Eyes Ground Station with other OSD than OSD Pro ?

hi everyone after lot some research i can't find y answer, so i start this thread.

I would like to know if someone use the Eagle Tree Ground Station with an other OSD than the OSD Pro and be able to use Antenna Tracker fonction ?

i would like to use a skylark OSD or Remzibi, but can't find info if data is send via sound for tracking with the EE Ground Station.

thanks all !
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
no, it's encoded in video.

it will only work with eagle tree OSD
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old May 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
FpvQc
Canada, QC, Chibougamau
Joined Jan 2008
154 Posts
if i use the Eagle Eyes OSD Expander will the Antenna tracker will work with the Ground Station ?

thanks !
BillyJo is offline Find More Posts by BillyJo
Old May 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
You're getting your products a bit muddled so I am hesitant to give you a yes/no answer.

I assume you are referring to the eagle tree eagleeyes FPV station, and the eagle tree OSD Pro.

These two were designed to work together, so in short... yes... But you will also require the GPS module and the eLogger.

You can of course use the eagle eyes for diversity with any setup, but for tracking you specifically need the eagle tree OSD, eLogger and GPS.

Alternatively, you could use one of the tracking solutions (eg imrc tiny telemetry, myflydream, skylark AAT) that transmits down the audio channel. This is then OSD agnostic and can be used across multiple different setups in your fleet. A good solution if you want tracking on more than one bird running different equipment.

These are a bit more expensive, and slightly more complex to wire up. Not difficult, but depends on your systems knowledge and electronics ability I suppose.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2