HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:39 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I grabbed a low temp hot glue gun at hobby lobby for like $4.99 with an absurd amount of glue sticks.
Cool, thanks Cloud! I've never heard of hobby lobby, going to go look for them now.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:19 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
My girlfriend wanted a few drinks tonight so I bought them. I wanted an 808 #16. Oops, I accidentally bought one. Crap. I want fpv but I have already done ap and it is cheaper and I already know I love it. Only $40 right?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:25 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
I may have missed it but I just saw this.. http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-47675.html
I wish they used different colour LEDs for front & back, left & right night flying orientation.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I wish they used different colour LEDs for front & back, left & right night flying orientation.
A local buddy of mine actually soldered on his own led's for his mqx. Said it was really quite easy. He then bought a plug in play kit where you just put a dab of glue on each led and put them where you want, then the adapter plugs into the battery, which then plugs into the quad. Says it works perfect. Ill ask him for some pics here in a bit as I wont see him for a week.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:27 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Um yea....gee thanks to the both of you. Now I gotta go buy a hot glue gun, and to think I was just at Walmart picking up some super glue and velcro fasteners for the 808 #16.....LOL! Shame on you both!

-Pat
you don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Wait until one day... you realise that you've run-out of glue sticks and just had a crash that needs a hotglue repair! You then find yourself looking around for scraps of old hotglue from previous repairs or old drips on your work table, and spend hours on your knees painstakingly picking and collecting old scraps of hotglue. Just so you have enough to see it melt satisfyingly on the tip of the hotglue gun again! and you can then proceed to make the needed repairs with it.... or not.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:56 AM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
you don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes...

Wait until one day... you realise that you've run-out of glue sticks and just had a crash that needs a hotglue repair! You then find yourself looking around for scraps of old hotglue from previous repairs or old drips on your work table, and spend hours on your knees painstakingly picking and collecting old scraps of hotglue. Just so you have enough to see it melt satisfyingly on the tip of the hotglue gun again! and you can then proceed to make the needed repairs with it.... or not.
LMAO! I'm on my way brother, on my way.
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:23 AM
Hobart,Tasmania,Australia
Joined Mar 2001
106 Posts
I have several Glue guns from 10w to 100w but am still trying to justify one of these, Bosch PKP 7.2 LI Cordless Lithium-Ion Glue Gun, 15 second warm up and cordless.
geebee is offline Find More Posts by geebee
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:50 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebee View Post
I have several Glue guns from 10w to 100w but am still trying to justify one of these, Bosch PKP 7.2 LI Cordless Lithium-Ion Glue Gun, 15 second warm up and cordless.
OMG.... PR0N on RCGroups.... WANT!

i only has a mini 10w dollar store gun... lol
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:40 AM
Australia, NSW, Nowra
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
I see there is 2 threads running on this Beetle.

I received mine and when you turn the transmitter on the elevator is trimmed full down and the aileron is full trim to the left , I can press the trim tabs and move them back to a central position but after turning the transmitter off and back on the trims are back way to one side again. I want to adjust the trims to a position that the beetle hovers correctly and lock that position to the central trim position.But there must be a way to reset the trims.
BlindFreddy is offline Find More Posts by BlindFreddy
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:03 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindFreddy View Post
I see there is 2 threads running on this Beetle.

I received mine and when you turn the transmitter on the elevator is trimmed full down and the aileron is full trim to the left , I can press the trim tabs and move them back to a central position but after turning the transmitter off and back on the trims are back way to one side again. I want to adjust the trims to a position that the beetle hovers correctly and lock that position to the central trim position.But there must be a way to reset the trims.
Try removing the batteries from it and re installing and see if that cures your problem!! If it doesn't then you probably have a faulty tx
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:09 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Here's an update on my Beetle:

Thanks very much for all the tips!
Very much appreciated
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:27 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
That Battery Glue gun reminds me of my small one I got a few years ago.

Uses 7.4mm Glue sticks and runs on 4 AA's but also has jack for 4.5 to 6V input from small power supply.

Very handy for field repairs and has a nice small nozzle.

I think I got it from Maplin (UK Electrical/Electronics Component seller).

Edit, it was Maplin, they still have them 3.99
http://www.maplin.co.uk/cordless-glue-gun-394165
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
Australia, NSW, Nowra
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Try removing the batteries from it and re installing and see if that cures your problem!! If it doesn't then you probably have a faulty tx
This is how it looked when the batteries were first installed and after adjusting trims and turning off , turning back on any time you like and the screen will be the same as the pic.
Also tried removing the batteries for some time , but still the same after turning back on.
BlindFreddy is offline Find More Posts by BlindFreddy
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:25 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindFreddy View Post
This is how it looked when the batteries were first installed and after adjusting trims and turning off , turning back on any time you like and the screen will be the same as the pic.
Also tried removing the batteries for some time , but still the same after turning back on.
You must be using Alkalines. I wish I could get that battery bar with my NiMH.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,521 Posts
I've seen people wonder about the need to balance the props. The best reason I can give for doing it is this short video clip.

It's been raining for days - is again - and this was taken at 9.15pm between showers, so the camera struggles with the lighting a little.

As well as smoother video, it's got to be better for the bearings and even the little "which way is up?" sensors to not be subjected to heavy vibration.

Note: it's not that interesting a video, as I clipped out me flying around the (small) garden first and not crashing into the shed when I brought it down rather quickly afterwards.

The angle is off because that particular one of my cameras has the lens glued in a bit crookedly. I (eventually) plan to warm up the glue and straighten it, but it's usually my hat camera and waves around a lot anyway, but the other camera was flat, so...
Balanced Props Video on v929 Beetle with 808 #18 (0 min 21 sec)
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan