SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I found this yesterday the clones are out there http://www.robbe.de/media/catalog/pr.../all/S2531.jpg
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Aug 2006
819 Posts
now that is a decent looking quad canopy!

derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old May 27, 2012, 01:02 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
rebranded

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I found this yesterday the clones are out there http://www.robbe.de/media/catalog/pr.../all/S2531.jpg
looks more like a rebranded LB than a clone
Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old May 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Yea I went to the site and the package is the same as the LB I'm going to order that canopy for my LB
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old May 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Paper canopies - the revenge
Darsh: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=418756

Darsh:

Darsh:

MQX alternate bodies & mods
sparks:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1589171

fs2flyer

Thetis

Thetis
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; May 27, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You have got a MQX copy in a Ladybird shell at a very low price. What else do you want.? Not only that, it is Turnigy compatible and there are lots of people with Turnigy transmitters around. The V911 is now dominating self-stabilizing market. The chances are that this will do the same for low end quads. When their 100 sized CP comes, it may pull the rug away from all the major manufacturers again.
Why would I buy an MQx copy when I already have two? They could have made more sales with a fresh design. You know what's going on in China pretty well; what's the chances WL Toys is just another Walkera division? It would be good marketing and appeal to the people who don't like Walkera.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 27, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Why would I buy an MQx copy when I already have two? They could have made more sales with a fresh design. You know what's going on in China pretty well; what's the chances WL Toys is just another Walkera division? It would be good marketing and appeal to the people who don't like Walkera.
I highly doubt WL Toys is another Walkera division. It is possible that Walkera is going the route of a "design house" so that it sells its design with assembly kits to other manufacturers who are interested. If you look at the number of Walkera heli releases recently, the rate is well down compared to a couple of years ago. They seem to be concentrating on the standalone transmitter market.

Design houses are very common in the electronics industry in China. That's why you get different manufacturers making exactly the same product quite often. They are using exactly the same kits from the same design house. They are all completely legal because the design is owned by the "design house". Of course, there is also a possibility that the QR Ladybird was not developed by Walkera in the first place but by another design house. Although this is rather unlikely given Walkera's previous experience with quads.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; May 27, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old May 27, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Hi James,

Any idea on the release date? from the vid posted it says that the preorder already started?
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Old May 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
The preorder has started and I heard that the quads will ship out around the 5th of June in China but I have no idea when it will reach other countries.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2012, 01:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I highly doubt WL Toys is another Walkera division. It is possible that Walkera is going the route of a "design house" so that it sells its design with assembly kits to other manufacturers who are interested. If you look at the number of Walkera heli releases recently, the rate is well down compared to a couple of years ago. They seem to be concentrating on the standalone transmitter market.

Design houses are very common in the electronics industry in China. That's why you get different manufacturers making exactly the same product quite often. They are using exactly the same kits from the same design house. They are all completely legal because the design is owned by the "design house". Of course, there is also a possibility that the QR Ladybird was not developed by Walkera in the first place but by another design house. Although this is rather unlikely given Walkera's previous experience with quads.
You see lots of vendors selling rebadged Walkera helis, but they are always outdated models. I've never seen them rebadge a current model. Does a design house actually do the manufacturing of parts or components? About a year or two ago, I saw one of the better know Trex clone makers advertising an update they made to the swashplate of the 450. It was pretty easy to spot, too. Within weeks, it was showing up on every clone I could find an image of.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 28, 2012, 05:24 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
The preorder has started and I heard that the quads will ship out around the 5th of June in China but I have no idea when it will reach other countries.
Any idea about the price?
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old May 28, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
You see lots of vendors selling rebadged Walkera helis, but they are always outdated models. I've never seen them rebadge a current model. Does a design house actually do the manufacturing of parts or components? About a year or two ago, I saw one of the better know Trex clone makers advertising an update they made to the swashplate of the 450. It was pretty easy to spot, too. Within weeks, it was showing up on every clone I could find an image of.
A design house can manufacture some or all of the components. There is an example of a current Walkera being rebadged . This is a rebadged V200D03 with a Devo 8 transmitter.

http://www.bananahobby.com/2231.html

Also, although the Genius CP is still being produced, it has been rebadged by Exceed. Certainly, Robbe has rebadged the QR Ladybird with their own canopy.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old May 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Few more pics here..
Pricing is 40usd rtf and 31usd bnf here in China, I'm not sure what it'll be with the additional shipping/taxes when it reaches your shores...
WLToys is sending a large and a small over for test flights, so I'll let you guys know how it is...
I sent them the pics of the canopies you guys posted, keep them coming though, the more options the merrier! I've had quite enough flying the ladybird around... need a more manly canopy :P
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old May 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,438 Posts
That looks pretty sharp. How do quads fly in the wind compared to FP single blades? I would think they would get blown around but I don't know. If this binds to the stock V911 remote, that would be a very smart move by WL Toys, essentially getting a large number of sales from all the existing V911 owners.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old May 28, 2012, 08:24 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I sent them the pics of the canopies you guys posted, keep them coming though, the more options the merrier! I've had quite enough flying the ladybird around... need a more manly canopy :P
I like your ladybird landing skid / battery holder mod.

IMHO it would also compliment the looks of the non-bug vehicle shells.

Should send your mod pics to WLToys too.

jameschen072: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=203

Need a more manly canopy?
jarel design: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3067
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; May 28, 2012 at 09:05 AM.