HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Any news about when this will be released? Where does the new Hard Deck Module plug into the system?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:29 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
I have a Copilot II that I ordered about 2 years ago. I got pretty good at 3D, so I never used it. The new Hard Deck feature is pretty cool, so I'd like to try it for teaching and learning some new moves. I'm not sure if it has the FUIM3 or FUIM2. How do I tell the difference? When did the FUIM3 come out?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
Any news about when this will be released? Where does the new Hard Deck Module plug into the system?
Hi:

Production is scheduled to be completed by end August according to latest estimates by our partners in Singapore. The HD Module plugs into the ACCY port on the Co-Pilot II Avionics Computer.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:47 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
I have a Copilot II that I ordered about 2 years ago. I got pretty good at 3D, so I never used it. The new Hard Deck feature is pretty cool, so I'd like to try it for teaching and learning some new moves. I'm not sure if it has the FUIM3 or FUIM2. How do I tell the difference? When did the FUIM3 come out?
Check the following page which is for downloading the drivers for each device:

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...re/pc.usb.html

Pay particular attention to the CAUTION at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions, let me know.

Tim Marks
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:14 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered the Hard Deck module and the FUIM3 programmer.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
AR-15 BRD!
Frederick, MD
Joined May 2002
1,041 Posts
Here is a picture I took showing the module mounted on my 550. Note: the module is installed on a downward angle so you can see the LED from the ground.

Howard Matos is offline Find More Posts by Howard Matos
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
Perth, W.A.
Joined Mar 2008
232 Posts
Is that LED on only when the HD unit is ready to do its thing? I.e. above 50 feet?
Hati is online now Find More Posts by Hati
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Here is a picture I took showing the module mounted on my 550. Note: the module is installed on a downward angle so you can see the LED from the ground.

I noticed you have some fuel tubing on the sensor. Is it affected the by the air from the blades?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:59 PM
CPII HD & PL8 beta tester
Aubrey, Texas
Joined May 2009
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hati View Post
Is that LED on only when the HD unit is ready to do its thing? I.e. above 50 feet?
Hi Hati,

The led is ON all the time when your remote switch on the transmitter is switched to the ON (HD mode) position. Not just when you are above the set hard deck altitude. A lit LED tells the pilot all aspects of the CoPilot II and HD module have passed all the requirements for the HD emergency recovery to work properly. A lit LED means everything is good to go and it is bright enough to be seen in the air while flying even on a bright sun lit day.

Jack
Jack Doherty is offline Find More Posts by Jack Doherty
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
CPII HD & PL8 beta tester
Aubrey, Texas
Joined May 2009
92 Posts
Quote:
I noticed you have some fuel tubing on the sensor. Is it affected the by the air from the blades?
Hi jhroof,

Yes to some degree. However, FMA has devised a method to mostly eliminated the adverse effects of multi-directional air flow around a helicopter that would prevent accurate HD emergency recoveries.

Jack
Jack Doherty is offline Find More Posts by Jack Doherty
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
Perth, W.A.
Joined Mar 2008
232 Posts
Cheers Jack.
Hati is online now Find More Posts by Hati
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:44 AM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Doherty View Post
Hi jhroof,

Yes to some degree. However, FMA has devised a method to mostly eliminated the adverse effects of multi-directional air flow around a helicopter that would prevent accurate HD emergency recoveries.

Jack
seem Hard Deck would read an air static pressure as an avionic Altimeter o Variometer. Correct?
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-FELN View Post
seem Hard Deck would read an air static pressure as an avionic Altimeter o Variometer. Correct?
Hi:

We're finalizing the user guide for the HD Module as we speak. Please be patient. Soon, everybody's questions should be answered.

Tim Marks
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:40 PM
T-REX 250 -450-500-600-700G
ITALY, PAVIA
Joined Mar 2009
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

We're finalizing the user guide for the HD Module as we speak. Please be patient. Soon, everybody's questions should be answered.

Tim Marks
Hi TIM,
Thanks kindly for that info..
I'm a trusted small client with four CII succesfull on Heli board and two with hard deck in back order. I buy hard deck as a closed box cause I estimate your company . Would be fine if you let us to read user guide before buy the system just to understand if match the specific personal agreement.
Another question is about the fixed minimum safety altitude of 50' as exposed in another forum:I think no claim to your company if the user would choose too low altitude at his own risk.
Best Regards
Claudio
I-FELN is offline Find More Posts by I-FELN
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:23 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,416 Posts
The manual is now available on the Revolectrix website.

http://revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1416.pdf
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604