Wasn't sure where to post this, so it's here in one of my favourite categories:
http://www.aero-modeller.co.uk/aeromodeller-magazine/
I loved this magazine growing up and welcome it's return
mrcosmo is offline Find More Posts by mrcosmo
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
325 Posts
If they plan to have real content rather than a bunch of fluffy ARF reviews of dubious integrity like MAN, MA, etc I'd subscribe. I have a number of issues someone gave me from the 60's and 70's and they were outstanding
NACA0012 is offline Find More Posts by NACA0012
Old May 24, 2012, 01:42 PM
Canada, ON, Cottam
Joined Jan 2012
1,555 Posts
They always had plans published in them. I usually got the mag when the plans looked like they were for me.
aspeed is offline Find More Posts by aspeed
Old May 24, 2012, 02:54 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Sep 2010
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NACA0012 View Post
If they plan to have real content rather than a bunch of fluffy ARF reviews of dubious integrity like MAN, MA, etc I'd subscribe.
Amen to that. Now all we need is to bring back American Aircraft Modeler and life will be perfect on both sides of the pond.
Moeregaard is online now Find More Posts by Moeregaard
Old May 24, 2012, 06:52 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2009
230 Posts
Couldn't agree more, as I said, I loved it growing up and welcome it's return but if it resembles anything like MAN, full of ARF and adverts then forget it.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:28 PM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
The plans is the one reason why i buy rcm&e here in oz. or if there is a good article or if it is a turtorial edition
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old May 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
Here in the USA, Flying Models is, in my opinion, the best of the general model magazines. It covers all aspects of model aviation, but has considerable construction, free flight, and control line content. I will sign up for Aeromodeller when it becomes available. I have enjoyed it for many years.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old May 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
Agreed, Jim, I do wish FM was a bit more consistent, though. Aeromodeller was great for coverage, and I have quite a few of their plans. I don't have any new copies of RCM, or MAN, and MA is no longer available to me. King of all the US magazines was and is Model Builder: it was really hard to decide which one of their plans to build next! I still have a couple of Dragonflys ready to go if I'm too lazy to drag out a histart...
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old May 25, 2012, 04:21 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2009
230 Posts
The UK Radio Modeller had the best plans IMO.
Model builder was a great magazine but hard to get hold of down under so I've been a FM subscriber for many years and still am - but it's getting a bit 'odd' and light on. This is why I'm hoping Aero Modeller is like the way I remember it was. Is it at all possible time will tell.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:02 AM
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Apr 2007
1,145 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how they interpret their statement covering all aspects of the original Aeromodeller as the magazine changed quite a lot over the years, especially their coverage of RC.

I'm happy it's coming back (especially if there's free plans!). Should be a good read
DeeBee1 is online now Find More Posts by DeeBee1
Old May 25, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Oct 2004
214 Posts
A guide might be the other half dozen rags in their stable.
skaliwag is offline Find More Posts by skaliwag
Old May 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Hey, watch this!
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Feb 2005
469 Posts
My Too Cents

My current favorites are FM and RCM&E.

I'd vote for the return of RCM.
Raymond-leflyr is offline Find More Posts by Raymond-leflyr
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
Keremeos, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2004
2,639 Posts
RCM? The latest issues of RCM were simply a catalogue of manufacturers and suppliers. The last issue I bought had exactly 2 articles in it dealing with models, all else was rahrah stories on RTFs obviously written by the manufacturer. When the magazine began (I still have some early issues) there were lost of plans, some even full size.

Except FM and Scale Flying Models, full-size plans (savior of the modeler with no cash) are virtually non-existent. It may be fine for some guys to blow $20 on a set of plans, or 5 times that for an RTF, but as a pensioner, I have to watch my cash flow, and free plans in a magazine are very very helpful!
TLyttle is offline Find More Posts by TLyttle
Old May 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Aug 2011
985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
RCM? The latest issues of RCM were simply a catalogue of manufacturers and suppliers. The last issue I bought had exactly 2 articles in it dealing with models, all else was rahrah stories on RTFs obviously written by the manufacturer. When the magazine began (I still have some early issues) there were lost of plans, some even full size.

Except FM and Scale Flying Models, full-size plans (savior of the modeler with no cash) are virtually non-existent. It may be fine for some guys to blow $20 on a set of plans, or 5 times that for an RTF, but as a pensioner, I have to watch my cash flow, and free plans in a magazine are very very helpful!
At the other end of the spectrum, a cash strapped teenager in aeromodelling free plans are also very helpful
scrubmonkey is offline Find More Posts by scrubmonkey
Old May 26, 2012, 05:58 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined Sep 2008
3,555 Posts
I miss Bill Northup's Model Builder
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Eagle has landed