Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Here is another video that I found randomly on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_KhSJBMjQ
That's pretty cool....was this a random that happened to be there filming us?
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:57 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,255 Posts
Hey Andy, how do we become members of The VPA ?? do all the people that were at the meet get to be senior members. ??
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Hey guys...you mind if I join you this weekend (if you go)? I still love being around it learning, and logistics. I can always just spot for you. Let me know...I may glide at best as I haven't made the investment yet. If not no problem.
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Hey guys...you mind if I join you this weekend (if you go)? I still love being around it learning, and logistics. I can always just spot for you. Let me know...I may glide at best as I haven't made the investment yet. If not no problem.
For sure dude!!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:24 PM
Aerial DP
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
912 Posts
anytime
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Where are you guys flying this weekend? Dave's again?
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Where are you guys flying this weekend? Dave's again?
There is a pretty awesome spot in sorrento valley that i think they wanted to to go fly....you down?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
752 Posts
Ya I could possibly do that. Though I am more of an AP/AV guy rather than FPV (slow, smooth flying :-)) with my big y6. ,
jcmonty is offline Find More Posts by jcmonty
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
How about Miramar Lake next meet? It would be awesome but may be too close to an Air Force base.
at3whee is offline Find More Posts by at3whee
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmonty View Post
Ya I could possibly do that. Though I am more of an AP/AV guy rather than FPV (slow, smooth flying :-)) with my big y6. ,
You could be the official video guy and take some good shots with the Y6...I'm planning on bringing mine...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Apr 2011
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by at3whee View Post
How about Miramar Lake next meet? It would be awesome but may be too close to an Air Force base.
That would be pretty cool but too many neighborhoods to crash in possibly...and like you sari...the base is pretty close by...
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:52 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
The sorrento valley site is really nice, not a big runway for things like the Maja, but for Anything that belly lands, there is a nice grass slope that is almost always oriented so that you face into the wind, slow down, and land. It's the canyons of San Diego, so you have to watch the deer ticks, and rattlesnakes in this hot season, but there is a huge area to fly in, and a lot of flying below yourself from the cliff edge. It is an old glider spot, and there are some nice areas to set up. I was thinking of going down there on Saturday after around 10, and Sunday maybe a bit earlier.

Nearby is a Qualcomm building which actually makes for some really cool shots, as the building gives some depth to the shots. I would love it if we could chase each other around in the canyon in a pattern. I bet we could get Otto to bring out his super-people, and chase them around too. I bet Chris' jet would be fun to chase around as well (90mph, maybe Kloner's heli can catch him ).

It looks like this, during sunset, that's my ZII flying around, and I edited the footage to look like it was Green lantern FPV'ing....:
Otto and Treggon Flying around Lopez Canyon (4 min 42 sec)

and
http://youtu.be/5iQl1-OxIZU?t=14m48s
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:20 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Chris, we could put one of my basic TX/Camera setups on any of your gliders and let it go... You are a natural FPV pilot. I am offering. Time to pull the trigger my friend. Also, Chris, thank you for getting up so early, and meeting us before sunrise to put on the FPV event. You are a champ.

Typicalmeister: dood, I wanted to meet you at the meetup, but somehow I missed you. I heard you were one of the dudes in a red shirt..... That would be awesome to put your skywalker into a pattern, and see what happens. Maybe I can test out my Ardupilot doing the same thing. Let's meet up at the sorrento site, and have a 2nd FPV fly in! I promise to bring at least 300 square feet of shade! (3 shade canopies) and a charging station, as well as all the infrastructure you saw at the first FPV meetup, as its all still in my trailer waiting for another day of fun!
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:51 PM
Long Range FPV'er
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
What are the co-ordinates to the Sorrento Valley site!!
Mykro is offline Find More Posts by Mykro
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post

Typicalmeister: That would be awesome to put your skywalker into a pattern, and see what happens. Maybe I can test out my Ardupilot doing the same thing.
The ArduPilot is PhoKing (tm) Awesome! I'm sad I didn't have it ready for Dave's Beach. Qualcomm isn't that far away. As long as I have room to land out there I could meet up. What time are you guys looking to get out there?
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Closed Thread