Closed Thread
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post
Don't worry, my long range stuff is all in Florida getting 'Upgraded' for the last 3 weeks, and it still hasn't arrived. I was hoping to have it for the FlyIn, but the Dragon guys never returned my Long Range TX/RX setup. So I am close in too... However... I just got a 1 W amp for 2.4 that should allow for some serious distance.... I'd like to try that.... That is the rig for my Zephyr, which is why mine was pretty grounded, but I can install an AR8000 that has some good range. I have some extra Spektrum stuff if you need it Kyle. Some rigs with the external diversity at least that you could borrow til your wife forgets about the packages showing up.

I could do Sat/Sun, or both.... I really want to rock some Zephyr flights with Kloner.... and get Kyle to film the 3rd person view. I wouldn't mind being back to watch the Charger game, but that's at 5:20 on Sunday.
Im down for whatever Treggon...ill film anything you need me to. Also, I am curious to see how that 2.4 booster works out...ive read some reviews on both sides of the track on those so im a little on the fence until i see it in action...I would like to go legit and just get a tre Longr range system for those times when we want to rock the long flights.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:21 PM
Fly it, edit it, post it.
Joined Dec 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Oh sure - blame it on the smallest Quad :-D .. that didn't even had any FPV Equipment on it :-)
I honestly think it has nothing to do with VTX equipment. I think it is broadband noise, and static fields produced by motors. I could see the fuzz change as a function of your prop noise.... I could also see and hear some bits of Cell phone interference, probably people's data plans broadcasting at full power due to poor cell phone signals. It was really bad when we were clustered around taking pictures, and there were so many planes flying at once.

This particular video was at the end... only Kloner, Kyle and Andy were flying (besides me) and most people had left for the day. Andy was taking pics of the whole space, and I only blame him because he was close to my ground station when I recorded all the fuzz. Kyle, your Quad was doing the same thing to me, when you were close, and it was only when my plane was in the far field effect, and there are all those crazy fields happening close from the motors spinning.
tregtronics is offline Find More Posts by tregtronics
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tregtronics View Post
I honestly think it has nothing to do with VTX equipment. I think it is broadband noise, and static fields produced by motors. I could see the fuzz change as a function of your prop noise.... I could also see and hear some bits of Cell phone interference, probably people's data plans broadcasting at full power due to poor cell phone signals. It was really bad when we were clustered around taking pictures, and there were so many planes flying at once.

This particular video was at the end... only Kloner, Kyle and Andy were flying (besides me) and most people had left for the day. Andy was taking pics of the whole space, and I only blame him because he was close to my ground station when I recorded all the fuzz. Kyle, your Quad was doing the same thing to me, when you were close, and it was only when my plane was in the far field effect, and there are all those crazy fields happening close from the motors spinning.

yeah it was a busy area...hopefully the next meet we can get to somewhere a little less busy/noisy and all that....
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
354 Posts
Here are some of the shots I got, that don't overlap too much with the other posts here:

The day started early with a Moonset at 5:30ish. Andy showed up, then Chris and Kyle. We were setting up early.

Tregtronics got set up, and set up tables for Andy to the right there.

Kyle flew really early:

The vertical height record set by Otto, on the Capricorn Mega Minor (W):

Kloner, the man!:

His Zephyr:

His great landing:

Otto, of team Tregtronics, had a really good time demo'ing the Superman, I also think the Quads were having fun chasing him around and getting video:
Otto himself:

Quad's chasing superman, and our support staff Mike and Aaron enjoying the view:

The Maja was really cool to watch, and took some balls to get up and back:

Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:13 PM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
that one with the smoke stack is sweet. I didn't look, what camera was that? i saw it on the tripod in the dark

Thanks, nice clear shots of me
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
354 Posts
Thanks man, that shot with the Maja and the smokestack is really cool. I like that one too.

I'm using a Canon 40D, but I was using a nice Tokina 10-28mm wide angle most of the time... otherwise I was using a telephoto (like that shot with the smokestack) 70-200mm when shooting peeps in the sky.

I cheat with that 40D, it can take 6.5 frames a second (why I bought it) and excels past some of the more expensive models that can't shoot that fast.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
941 Posts
Look guy's, I'm the only one retired here, now all the rest of you get back to work.....................LOL
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Look guy's, I'm the only one retired here, now all the rest of you get back to work.....................LOL
haha...is it bad that i have enough time to putz around here on the forum while at work??
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:52 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,665 Posts
Oh I like the Maja shots .. man she fly's so nice! One of the best planes I ever had - she will be ready on the weekend for FPV! :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
@Andy...

I really like the maja...that thing is a beast and it flys so smooth!!...imagine having a fleet of those things flying at one of the meets these days!!! haha
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:38 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,665 Posts
Thanks Kyle!

Another video from VSKOQ (Video-Signal-Knocking-Out-Quad):

1st FPV Meetup San Diego North County - First Video Flight (1 min 40 sec)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
for sure Andy!! good job on flying the new quad too!!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:57 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,665 Posts
Here is another video that I found randomly on YouTube:

It's Superman! Remote Control Flying (4 min 29 sec)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
i would love to do some formation flying with you guys...
I could program a route into the Skywalker and then have you chase after me or have me follow. Let me see what I'm doing this weekend.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Airframes Side-By-SIde
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
I could program a route into the Skywalker and then have you chase after me or have me follow. Let me see what I'm doing this weekend.
That sounds like fun...
Closed Thread