SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
381 Posts
Question
Will powering servo without signal keep it in position?

Guys, a question... I can only use 8 channels on the dragonlink because of my futaba transmitter. Now, previously i used one of them for pan. I now need to use the channel for something else which means i cant control my pan servo.

Im concerned that if the pan servo doesnt have power it may move out of position during flight... So, ive connected it to one of dlink unused channels. This seems to cause the servo to maintain whatever position it was in when it got power (which is perfect).

The question is, is there any way the dlink receiver (or any receiver for that matter) will somehow give it a signal and make it move during flight (eg if the signal is poor)?

Thanks!
Protocrash is online now Find More Posts by Protocrash
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Jun 2006
149 Posts
for real, just get ape-barbaric on it, & physically restrain the pan servo gear from moving. some ca glue, dental floss and toothpicks works wonders, making something not budge, but soft enuf, that a pair of scissors/diagonals can cut thru, when youre ready to pan again. ive reached expert level using ca and dental floss, to make rc "casts", for broken parts. you get the point though, of not relying on electronics, and just physically restraining it. happy fpv'n!
delcut03 is offline Find More Posts by delcut03