Groups Concerned Over Arming Of Domestic Drones

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...mestic-drones/
wannabe is online now Find More Posts by wannabe
Old May 23, 2012, 02:42 PM
Honey Badger
United States, FL
Joined Oct 2005
1,814 Posts
We armed an EasyStar with one of those parachute guys. Was really cool. Later we graduated to water baloons and bags of flour.
Blue Chip is offline Find More Posts by Blue Chip
Old May 23, 2012, 02:54 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,751 Posts
This is the prototype

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! (5 min 12 sec)
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
The prospect of people out in public being Tased or targeted by force by flying drones where no officers is physically present on the scene,” Crump says, “raises the prospect of unconstitutional force being used on individuals.”

I like ACLU but what I don't like is mindless predictions. No they won't be armed, tasers are short range and you wouldn't be far enough away for the aircraft to not be a danger. Spinning 8" are surprisingly deadly. Could be used in a remote location but it would put other peoples health at risk significantly.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old May 23, 2012, 03:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdestro0 View Post

I like ACLU but what I don't like is mindless predictions. No they won't be armed, tasers are short range and you wouldn't be far enough away for the aircraft to not be a danger. Spinning 8" are surprisingly deadly. Could be used in a remote location but it would put other peoples health at risk significantly.
Exhibit A:

Killer RC Helicopter (2 min 12 sec)

Exhibit B:

The Largest Street Gang in America ~ 1 (9 min 29 sec)
Licensed Moron - VitaminJ is offline Find More Posts by Licensed Moron - VitaminJ
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 23, 2012, 03:09 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Yeah whatever, I don't particularly trust the police either but I think they at least have some common sense and not fly a deadly drone around people when they could use a sniper with much better accuracy.
It's just stupid that ACLU think they will routinely be armed, in very rare cases they may be but you are not going to have these drones in cities as they are far too dangerous.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
What about in this situation?

Occupy Oakland video: Riot police fire tear gas, flashbang grenades (2 min 21 sec)
Licensed Moron - VitaminJ is offline Find More Posts by Licensed Moron - VitaminJ
Old May 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed Moron View Post
What about in this situation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QngE6kKk8Lg
Well they would do it if you lived in a totalitarian country which depending on your personal opinion might be the way the US is heading. Seriously if a drone came down in that situation, you wouldn't be looking at a nice little few bodies, it would be a blood bath.
I don't see how drones are a problem if they are just used in exactly the same situation as Helicopters, every-time I look up and see a helicopter wasting a lot of fuel it gets me a bit annoyed that they aren't using a drone.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Considering the police buy weapons advertised as "less lethal" not "non-lethal" and the multitude of injuries sustained by peaceful protesters that day (including a skull fracture on a veteran which resulted in a coma), I think we need the ACLU on this one.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:18 PM
England, lincoln
Joined Sep 2005
155 Posts
Fake fps Russia video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
This video is fake! I not just saying that, it actually is. If you research the origin of the video you will find out. If you understand aerodynamics and the way quads fly you will know straight away that it is CGI.

Fps Russia does some great videos it's a shame he sold out on this one.

GAZ
Golf Alpha Zulu is offline Find More Posts by Golf Alpha Zulu
Old May 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed Moron View Post
Considering the police buy weapons advertised as "less lethal" not "non-lethal" and the multitude of injuries sustained by peaceful protesters that day (including a skull fracture on a veteran which resulted in a coma), I think we need the ACLU on this one.
Well if we can't stop them acting like **** then that may be the best option.
My recommendation would be to have a judge or judges review every single case of drones to make sure they are used correctly, to stop them being used for unwarranted surveillance.
Though drones are really beneficial to the police's budget, helicopters cost $$. They don't have to be badly, I would be perfectly fine if one was used to apprehend a car thief.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,820 Posts
I'm way ahead of the curve I guess...

FPV Fireworks July4th 2009 (4 min 34 sec)
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old May 23, 2012, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdestro0 View Post
Well if we can't stop them acting like **** then that may be the best option.
My recommendation would be to have a judge or judges review every single case of drones to make sure they are used correctly, to stop them being used for unwarranted surveillance.
Though drones are really beneficial to the police's budget, helicopters cost $$. They don't have to be badly, I would be perfectly fine if one was used to apprehend a car thief.
Sounds good, I'm always for more transparency and accountability for police departments. And yes it's only a matter of time before every news and police helicopter is replaced by a quad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Alpha Zulu View Post
This video is fake! I not just saying that, it actually is. If you research the origin of the video you will find out. If you understand aerodynamics and the way quads fly you will know straight away that it is CGI.

GAZ
Good job! Way to go! You've successfully outed a known video game viral marketing youtube channel and a known hoax video! Hooray! I can't imagine why a video game company would do something like this
Old May 23, 2012, 03:36 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Alpha Zulu View Post

GAZ
are you 12 years old? of course it is fake - that is part of the humour
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 23, 2012, 03:45 PM
England, lincoln
Joined Sep 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
are you 12 years old? of course it is fake - that is part of the humour
No I'm not 12 are you?

I just thought people who read the thread may think it is real and think quads can actually do that, maybe I'm just trying to give FPV a bit more credibility!

GAZ
Golf Alpha Zulu is offline Find More Posts by Golf Alpha Zulu