HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by dmarusa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 23, 2012, 01:37 PM
David
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Mar 2012
329 Posts
Trader Rating: 86
Found
Your scrap balsa and ply

I do a lot of scratch building and am always on the lookout for unused balsa, bass and light plywood. Many generous folks have offered me their scraps for the cost of shipping, but I don't mind paying a fair price. But, for the giant-scale projects I work on (and because I fly so badly and am always repairing/rebuilding), I cannot afford LHS rates. Just PM me with what you have. I'm located in Spring, TX. Thanks for looking - David
dmarusa is offline Find More Posts by dmarusa
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
United States, NH, Suncook
Joined Oct 2010
544 Posts
Trader Rating: 149
why not check out lone star balsa their prices are good and look at their specials where they hve not standard sizes at reduced prices sometimes.
sagomon is offline Find More Posts by sagomon
Old May 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
David
Joined Mar 2012
329 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Sagoman. I do buy from them frequently as well as the local stores. Maybe it's just the "green" in me, but I like the idea of using stuff that may end up getting thrown out eventually. I know that I had boxes of leftovers in a closet for years before I got back into modeling. I have been able to put several hobbiests' leftovers to good use and it makes me feel good because balsa and other exotics like it are a dwindling resource.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:29 AM
David
Joined Mar 2012
329 Posts
Bump
Closed Thread