HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by joedoan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined Apr 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
Wanted
IkonN'west Rearwin Speedster

I'm looking for an aluminum landing gear,cowl and wheel pants for Ikon N'wes Rearwin Speedster new or used.Thanks.
joedoan is online now Find More Posts by joedoan
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,593 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Cowl

Fiberglassspecialties has the cowl,new for $41.part # I W-6.epoxyglass .I use their products often'...They don't list the wheel pants.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old May 24, 2012, 06:18 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,381 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Fiberglassspecialties has the cowl,new for $41.part # I W-6.epoxyglass .I use their products often'...They don't list the wheel pants.
They will have suitable wheel pants, too. Just look for the desired style and size.

IKON landing gear is historically a week point in their designs, both the aluminum and wire units. I suggest that you take some measurements and give TNT a call. http://www.tntlandinggear.com/ They can bend up some aluminum gear that will hold up for you.

I did this for my IKON Monocoupe, which originally had wire gear. I made the necessary mods to the fuselage, which wasn't difficult. I then installed the aluminum gear. It is much stronger than the original equipment.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old May 24, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined Apr 2012
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
Ikon N'wes Rearwin Speedster

Thank you for your help.
Joe
joedoan is online now Find More Posts by joedoan