HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:53 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
I have to agree with both of the last comments,i too have been shopping with HK for well over 5 years and countless orders and in all that time i have only ever had one small problem,if you can call it that as it was a small mistake when the UK HK warehouse open for business on it's first day of business,as soon as i got in touch with HK CS it was all sorted to my satisfaction in 24 hours.

@ Wormboy
It's nice to see you don't hold a grudge like you see some of these people do in these threads,i wonder if some of them forget we are all human and we all make the odd mistake every now and again,plus life is way to short to let the little things get to you.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:34 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post

@ Wormboy
It's nice to see you don't hold a grudge like you see some of these people do in these threads,i wonder if some of them forget we are all human and we all make the odd mistake every now and again,plus life is way to short to let the little things get to you.
Yeah, I figure you have to say it like it is and be fair. I did have a very bad experience but that was only one of about 20 orders. Like I have said previously, if its a simple purchase, everything pretty much goes smoothly.

Now I never purchase out of stock items, it's just not worth the hassle, but if there is something I want and it's in stock I buy it.
Wormboy is online now Find More Posts by Wormboy
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
15 Posts
well just wanted to let you know i received my geebee 120 size today. i wasnt expecting it at all . thank you hobby king. what a BIG BOX and doulble boxed at that. a few very minor glitches about the model but nothing that cant be fixed. for the small amount spent on this plane i would have to say its a BARGIN/NICE going electric like all the rest of my birds. BTW no problem with the hobby king custumor service on there chat line it did take awhile but once we understood each other everything couldent have gone smoother. would i buy from hobby king again? yes i would. thank you again H K.
jeff denham is offline Find More Posts by jeff denham
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:44 AM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
HobbyKing Support...

If anyone knows how to get in touch with HK NManagement, Iīd appreciate a name, E_mail address or something to vent my frustration... Their Customer Support either do not understand English (not all of them) or they are just dumb beyond recognition. They are losing HK customers just because they do not want to do their jobs.
Thank you...
jecchile is offline Find More Posts by jecchile
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:56 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
666 Posts
Hi jecchile,

I never did find a management contact but I do wish you luck. I do honestly believe that the hk customer support are not stupid, it just seems to be company policy to put you through a maze of smoke, mirrors and misdirection to try and dissuade you before they actually try and help you.
I've recently had a warranty claim with them and while they have come good on their warranty promise, they did make me jump through a few hoops. I suspect it just a ploy to minimise the time they have to spend dealing with frivolous time wasters ( and yes I do see the irony on that concept) before they attempt to help people with a legitimate grievance. It is not a pretty way to do business but it must make some kind of sense to the profit margin.

My best advice is to evaluate if it's worth the effort, and if it is then persevere.
Best of luck.
Wormboy is online now Find More Posts by Wormboy
Old Jan 05, 2014, 12:13 PM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy View Post
Hi jecchile,

I never did find a management contact but I do wish you luck. I do honestly believe that the hk customer support are not stupid, it just seems to be company policy to put you through a maze of smoke, mirrors and misdirection to try and dissuade you before they actually try and help you.
I've recently had a warranty claim with them and while they have come good on their warranty promise, they did make me jump through a few hoops. I suspect it just a ploy to minimise the time they have to spend dealing with frivolous time wasters ( and yes I do see the irony on that concept) before they attempt to help people with a legitimate grievance. It is not a pretty way to do business but it must make some kind of sense to the profit margin.

My best advice is to evaluate if it's worth the effort, and if it is then persevere.
Best of luck.
I did have a satisfactory resolution to a warranty issue before but now, somehow, even though I have been a long time customer and have used my credit card many times, they wanted me to send an actual photo or scanned copy of my credit card to them in order to fill my latest order - this happened even though the amount was already paid by the bank. I donīt know about other people but I am not about to send pictures of my credit card to anyone. They threatened with cancelling my order if I did not send it to them so, of course, I told them to go ahead and cancel the order and give me credit to my credit card... hopefully they will do that.
I will not send copies of my credit card to them or anyone else... so, if they donīt mend their ways, they lost a customer. There are too many other places to order in order to put up with this aggravation.
I wanted their management to know all the bull that some of their Customer Support reps give their customers.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 01:29 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecchile View Post
I did have a satisfactory resolution to a warranty issue before but now, somehow, even though I have been a long time customer and have used my credit card many times, they wanted me to send an actual photo or scanned copy of my credit card to them in order to fill my latest order - this happened even though the amount was already paid by the bank. I donīt know about other people but I am not about to send pictures of my credit card to anyone. They threatened with cancelling my order if I did not send it to them so, of course, I told them to go ahead and cancel the order and give me credit to my credit card... hopefully they will do that.
I will not send copies of my credit card to them or anyone else... so, if they donīt mend their ways, they lost a customer. There are too many other places to order in order to put up with this aggravation.
I wanted their management to know all the bull that some of their Customer Support reps give their customers.
This is a misunderstanding. They do not want a picture of your entire credit card. They want you to block out every number but the last 4, and send them a picture just showing you have the card in your hands and that it wasnt stolen from you. They are trying to protect your identity, not steal it. I for one agree with this policy and am happy to oblige. Was it a new card? Or maybe a card linked to all the Target fraud? A lot of banks put systems in place when Target dropped the ball with their security causing issues with vendors all over the place getting flagged.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jan 05, 2014, 01:36 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
@ jecchile,i've see and heard of this before and it's just another one of HK's rules because of scammers using fraud credit cards I would of thought,of course i'm not saying yours is and I doubt HK is but it seem to be their way of making sure it's legit,i doubt speaking to management will help much because it is just one of them thinks that many people have to do when using a CC.

I wouldn't like to send anyone a photo of my CC either but that's why I use PayPal as they are a respected company and have many ways of protecting your interests,you might want to think about using PP or open an account with them if you intend on shopping online a lot in the future.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:21 PM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
This is a misunderstanding. They do not want a picture of your entire credit card. They want you to block out every number but the last 4, and send them a picture just showing you have the card in your hands and that it wasnt stolen from you. They are trying to protect your identity, not steal it. I for one agree with this policy and am happy to oblige. Was it a new card? Or maybe a card linked to all the Target fraud? A lot of banks put systems in place when Target dropped the ball with their security causing issues with vendors all over the place getting flagged.
That may be so for new customers - I have a lot of history at HK and they know I have used my credit card many times... also, they do ask you to enter the security code when you pay with a credit card, that shows you have it in your hands. I think it is ridiculous and I wonīt send a picture of my credit card, with or without all the numbers... besides, if it was stolen, it was my responsibility to report it... the bank would have not paid it.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:24 PM
Chile, Valparaiso, Viņa
Joined Dec 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
@ jecchile,i've see and heard of this before and it's just another one of HK's rules because of scammers using fraud credit cards I would of thought,of course i'm not saying yours is and I doubt HK is but it seem to be their way of making sure it's legit,i doubt speaking to management will help much because it is just one of them thinks that many people have to do when using a CC.

I wouldn't like to send anyone a photo of my CC either but that's why I use PayPal as they are a respected company and have many ways of protecting your interests,you might want to think about using PP or open an account with them if you intend on shopping online a lot in the future.
Yes, I will open a PayPal account if I want to order from HK again, which I doubt... there are too many other places to order from who treat you like a customer should.