HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 02:39 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking management contact

Hi all,

I've got a service ticket in with HK dealing with a problem that has been onging for 5 months now.

It is not a hard problem to fix, the service centre just seem to be not only completely useless and unable to read more than a few words, but intentionally obstructive. I am getting completely fed up with their ing bull now and would like to contact someone who can actually kick some backsides. Management needs to know that this kind of thing is rife in the support centre and if they do already know they should be ashamed of themselves.

Obviously I dont expect anyone to post an email address up in open forum but if you know of someone, or are someone, that can help please send me a PM.

BTW, I now save a copy of all of my live chat and service tickets so I can use them to circumvent the old "who told you that sir?" So I am more than willing to submit all of them to whomever I need to get some results

Cheers,
Mat
Wormboy is offline Find More Posts by Wormboy
Last edited by Wormboy; May 23, 2012 at 02:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 08:04 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,491 Posts
Sorry to hear..... This kind of stuff has been rampant. Their forum is full of PO'd people posting issues like this. Wish you luck.... I've been fortunate. My last two orders involved filing paypal claims, paypal made things right. It took only 30-45 days instead of 5+ months. I alwasy payp with Credit Card or Paypal. You'll need the extra leverage to make Hobby King toe the line. Hobby King used to have reasonable service...... No longer. That's why I'm done with them, even after being a customer for years, I'm fed up with their BS.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old May 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,905 Posts
Mat have you tried their Customer Forum?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 23, 2012, 07:47 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
668 Posts
In the customer forum, you can receive a reply such as "we email you regards this order". Email may or may not come. Mine never did. 5 months is a long time. For me, it will be 1 year this July since I received an airplane with a broken piece in the box. I have opened three support requests, all have been closed and marked as "problem resolved". The issue there is that the problem has never been resolved. You will get a reply such as "we are looking into this" then the ticket will be closed and marked as resolved. End of effort on HK's end at that point. I have no doubt that the 1 year will turn into 2, into 3, into 10, into infinity, so I quit asking and quit buying.

I read elsewhere that the support staff is back and even the online chat is back up. Having that function technically, in other words the website is working, doesn't always solve anything. Maybe for some they do, but for me having someone or something there just sending back canned answers they think I want to hear and will stall me isn't what I was looking for.

I tried them as they seem to be a huge sponsor of this site, but I learned that that doesn't mean anything. I know, I was naive to think that in the first place, but I did. I was kinda thinking that if they were as bad as everyone said, then RCG would not accept any advertising from them as that might mislead the RCG members. Well, for me at least, they are every bit as bad as it seems. I have learned that where there is smoke there is no doubt a fire. Anytime there is a vendor that attracts so many complaints constantly, there is a good chance that many are probably legitimate. There are two other vendors that are always coming up in a bad way here that I decided to stay away from for that very reason. That's my decision, and I'll stick to it. Others seem to have no issues ever, and I will take them at their word. I don't care and will stay away from ordering ever again.

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old May 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
Thanks guys,

No I havn't tried the customer forums yet, because I suspect they are (mis)managed by the same clowns as in customer support. I've had a browse through and the answers seem to be the same proforma I get on live chat and service ticket. I was hoping for a more direct means of contact.

I'm looking into filing a fraudulant transaction claim but I think my case is a bit tangled and I dont know how far I'd get.
Here is my saga...

I ordered a Turnigy 9X and got caught up in the whole Christmas + Chinese new year + asian floods backlog. There goes 2.5 months, it happens.
When it finally arrived it was defective so I sent it back under warranty. They said "yes, warranty is valid", we're sending out a new one.. 2 months later it hadn't arrived. I asked if it was sent, answer is yes, I ask what is the tracking number?, answer no tracking number, as they sent it via normal post.

From what I can deduce, they seem to have mixed up my replacement order with that of someone named Eddy in Netherlands. So Eddy got my transmitter. Happy birthday Eddy.

Now HK seems adament that my name is Eddy, that I live in the Netherlands and I have recieved my transmitter despite me having told them that this is not the case several times (they seem to have lost the use of thier scroll up function in my service ticket). They have even started corrspondence with "Hi Mat" and then asked my if the address "Edddy XXX, Netherlands" is correct.

Now they are telling me that they have credited me $30 worth of points (1/2 than the value of the Tx) which I can only assume they have sent to Eddy. Next they have told me that if I want "another" Tx I can use the points (that I don't have) to get a new one, no doubt so long as I pay for postage (for a third time) because they "don't do discounts on postage". They even had the cheek to say "we recommend all customers use trackable postage to avoid futher problems like this". I answered that they were the ones sent it via normal post not me, I used registered the whole way. The reply was (I'm not kidding) "I guess we just took a risk on that one".

So I've spent a month trying to get Ken, a service ticket lackey who takes a week to respond, to understand the issue and the latest entry from him is "please be advised that livechat is now operational".

It's truly is like living a bloody Monty Python sketch
It would be funny if they weren't so frustrating.
Last edited by Wormboy; May 23, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy View Post
It's truly is like living a bloody Monty Python sketch
It would be funny if they weren't so frustrating.
Ouch. That's pretty harsh mess. Shame that it's beyond the limit of fliling a paypal or credit card claim. That gets Hobby King's attention.
Old May 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
668 Posts
If you do try the HK forum, the one named something like "Order Support" is where you will see an occasional CS person reply. Generally all they will say is that you will get an email soon, but maybe you will be one of the ones that actually receive said email.

The other forums, the one named something concerning "complaints" especially, is cruised by a gang of bullies that will just pick a fight with you. Way worse than on RCG, though some of them are the same people. I doubt you will get anywhere in that one, but you never know I guess.

Hope you get it all sorted. Good luck!

-Craig
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old May 24, 2012, 01:15 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
My favourite excerpt from todays LiveChat, couldn't resist posting it up

To her credit, Cheryl ALMOST sorted the problem but just fell short and ended up hanging up on me after almost 2 hours.

Cheryl: Please kindly note that we will warranty for the defective item Q001-Tx and we will be responsible sending the item to you to the provided address
You: Cheryl, PLease be advised that the product code Q001-tx is not the correct code, the correct code is TX-9X-M2
Cheryl: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cheryl: Please kindly check the invoice for order details for original order 200XXXXXX
Cheryl: And there is no TX-9X-M1 in the order. Besides, the item that is sent back to warranty center and inspected to be Q001-Tx
You: Please read my service ticket. I am not Eddy XXXXX, I do not live in the Netherlands, that is not my order, I did not buy those items, and I did not send you back item Q001-Tx. I am Mathew XXX in Australia That is the wrong invoice
You: I sent back a TX-9X-M2
Cheryl: But the record showing in the invoice is eddy XXXXX, NETHERLANDS
You: I can see that, What I have been trying to get through to the service department of the last month is that I must have been quoted the wrong ticket number
Cheryl: And the address is confirmed when before the order is paid,
You: Can you see my account details there?
You: If you can, please tell me my full name
Cheryl: Yes
You: and what is my name?
Cheryl: eddy XXXXX
You: No, that is wrong. my Name is Mathew XXXXXX
You: My account email is m.XXXXX@XX.com.au
You: Please find the correct account
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:59 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
well after all this massive debarcle, HK has finally agred to send me a new Tx. after I pay a discounted rate. and guess what.. they are on back order... again *sigh*

guess I'll be waiting another 2 months for them to come back into stock.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,319 Posts
Wow, just so I understand, HK wants you to pay for an item that youve already paid for??? Stunning. What happens if you dont receive #2?

Is a contact phone number too much to ask?

Good luck

Dan
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy View Post
well after all this massive debarcle, HK has finally agred to send me a new Tx. after I pay a discounted rate. and guess what.. they are on back order... again *sigh*

guess I'll be waiting another 2 months for them to come back into stock.
And that...... is why paypal and credit card payments offer buyer protection. Making you pay additional is nuts.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 09:30 PM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
here's the remainder of the story following on from the previous monty python post.

We eventually figured out that thay had quoted me the wrong warranty number, they gave me Eddys which is where a lot of hte problems came from. Once I made them understand that I was not Edy in Netherlands but am Mat from Australia we started making progress.

It appears that they assessed my broken Tx and gave me a refund of some points very early in the process. Because the number of points was only $30 and the Tx cost me $60+postage I didnt believe that this was the warranty replacement. Furthermore, i was never asked if I wanted it replaced or credited. Nevertheless, I called up livechat and asked if this was the case. This is where the numbers got mixed up and I was told that my replacement Tx was packaged up and was in the mail. I was pretty happy because I thought HK was sending me a new Tx and had credited me with a few bonus points as a nice thing to do.. I know, it sounded too good to me too which is why I checked before I spent the points.

So I spent the points on an ESC and waited for my package.... Nothing.

So after a whole lot of confusion and messing around we figured out what had happened. Good, now we can come to a solution.

So we still have the problem of why I was only credited with $30 for a $60+P Tx. response was that "this is the replacement value of the item". to which I replied
"No problem, show me where I can order that Tx incl shipping for $30 and I'll take it now." "Oh no wait... You cant actually buy it for that much, thats how much its worth..."

So I eventually managed to convince them that they had under-credited me and so now I have paid the "value of the item" ($30) and am currently waiting for back ordered stock.. again.

When they were trying to convince me to pay the full price they were kind enough to offer a "free gift" to come with my package. I held them to this and I have had an extra item added to my order Free Gift... WOAH hows that for generosity. That will make me happy after waiting 6 months, then having to pay more to get my Tx as well as having to put with thier ineptitude and .

getting very tired of this

I must hand it to the HK service department.. they may act as dumb as a box of hammers but at the end of the day they have actually got me to part with another $30 of my money and wasted about $300 worth of my time chasing up their mistakes. Dont think that has gone unnoticed HK.
Last edited by Wormboy; Jun 10, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 04:14 AM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
let us know what the free gift is when you get it. This has got to be funny ! ! !
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:56 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by countilaw View Post
let us know what the free gift is when you get it. This has got to be funny ! ! !
Follow the link in the previous post, I reckon thats it
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
wormboy, you lucky dog, WOW !!! , you got it made. They went WAY out of their way to make things right and what an amazing award. I hope it didn't cut into their profits too much.

Man, don't you feel lucky?????

How much do you think it cost you for that silly sticker?

Frank
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)