HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:46 AM
Joined Mar 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu71rd2 View Post
I got an instruction leaflet with my v2 gimbal which suggests a different place for the pitch control servo lead compared to my v1 gimbal.

For my v1 gimbal, I placed the servo cable across the three pins nearest the USB port. But these new printed instructions suggest it should go on two of the three furthest pins.

What's more weird is that the picture used to illustrate this, is of a v1 gimbal.

Anyone got any suggestions that could clarify this? Can i cause damage by getting this wrong

thanks
You should use the new setting.

BR,
QUATERNIUM is offline Find More Posts by QUATERNIUM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:34 AM
Joined Mar 2013
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcanuck View Post
Here comes a rant......

I am quite pissed off with JL Cortex and crew. I was sent an email from them stating that my order shipped early tuesday morning the 18th with no tracking info. As everyone has been getting their shipment in 2-3 days I have asked them 3 times to get a tracking number so that I can make sure I have someone home on the day that it arrives. If not it is a long drive to a depot I believe.

All of my emails have gone unanswered.

Today I phoned fed ex to see if they can track it. They found it with ease. They notified me that it shipped out late on the 19th and it shipped international economy. It would have gone out on the 18th if they had shipped it the way they were supposed to like they shipped to everyone else! Instead of a 3 day shipment like I paid for and am supposed to be getting like every other customer. I am getting 8-10 day delivery.

I ordered this on the 23th of may! It was supposed to be 21 day's to Delivery. They know how far they are behind their "promised" delivery dates. I dont have a problem with that. I do have a big problem when they choose to break their word and put my shipment on a slow boat to Canada. I find this completely unacceptable. I cant believe that they have such poor communication capabilities and I cant believe after the stated shipping situation that they would go back on their word and ship it international economy!

Very unprofessional!

Well at least now I know why they were unwilling to respond to my queries about a tracking #. I would have posted this as a private email to them, but they do not respond to them so.........

Well have fun all with your new rigs. Ill check ya out in a week!

Enjoy!
First of all we would like apologize for the tracking number missing, nowadays our email is overloaded and your number was misplaced.

About your order, it was shipped as FEDEX-Standard service which is not 'International Economy' and last tracking was an airport in France (no slow boats).

Sorry for crossing the deadline that we promised as for some unanswered emails but as some people said we are an small company and some times the email is a little bit forgotten. Maybe this is not a valid excuse for you and we'll respect that.

We hope that you can enjoy your BL-Gimbal asap and make great videos like the rest of people on this community. And wishing you to find confident with us one once again.

BR,
Quaternium
QUATERNIUM is offline Find More Posts by QUATERNIUM
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:35 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyaIfly4 View Post
after seeing the previous posts i am bit concerned about my order, it was marked as shipped and i got a email saying tracking details would follow....i haven't had any tracking details and there are none on their website....hope they haven't sent mine by economy post too
Well 4 days later I get a tracking #. They say it was stuck in their inbox. As of yet no one has acknowledged any of my emails. Nor have they addressed this issue here in this forum.

I really hope they did not screw with your order as well!

I should have received mine already as is the norm for the rest of the purchaser's. Mine is still sitting at ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRANCE!

camcanuck is offline Find More Posts by camcanuck
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:48 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATERNIUM View Post
First of all we would like apologize for the tracking number missing, nowadays our email is overloaded and your number was misplaced.

About your order, it was shipped as FEDEX-Standard service which is not 'International Economy' and last tracking was an airport in France (no slow boats).

Sorry for crossing the deadline that we promised as for some unanswered emails but as some people said we are an small company and some times the email is a little bit forgotten. Maybe this is not a valid excuse for you and we'll respect that.

We hope that you can enjoy your BL-Gimbal asap and make great videos like the rest of people on this community. And wishing you to find confident with us one once again.

BR,
Quaternium
You have not addressed this issue at all. Here is my shipping status.

Weight 2.3 lbs
Total pieces 1
Packaging Your Packaging
Service FedEx International Economy
Dimensions 10x10x10 cms
Total shipment weight 2.3 lbs / 1 kgs
Special handling section Deliver Weekday

I believe in the SERVICE it States "FedEx International Economy" Does not INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY! actually mean INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY? Please explain this to me!

Why do you normally ship Fed-ex 1-3 day as reported by everyone else here. Yet Mine You chose "FedEx International Economy"?

Why When I was supposed to get this on the 12th Of June Do you send it "FedEx International Economy" so that I dont get it on the 20th like the rest of your customers would or did? ...... Instead you ship it "FedEx International Economy" So that I get it on the 25th?

ASAP for you means a week? Or how does it work? For certain customers ASAP means 2 days and for others it means a week and for others it means a month? Please explain! Is the value of the funds I gave you somehow not equal to what you charged everyone else and that is my I get INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY?

Why the Hell did you not refund the extra shipping charges as your company said it would do! Unless I am mistaken?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:33 PM
To: Cam *************
Subject: Re: [Quaternium] Customer message from contact form

Hello,

We will ship your order during this week.

Would you like to cancel ESC order and add this?:
2 motor mount sets
2 front arms
2 rear arms.

About the shipping cost we had a problem with the system that is already fixed up, we'll send you order by FEDEX and we'll give you 10$ back.

Best Regards and sorry for the inconvenience,

J J Ramírez
Departamento de Producción / Production Department
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off you did not ship it that week.
Next you did not refund the $10.00 Unless I am mistaken
Next you USED FED EX INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY!
You might as well used a Damn slow boat for all it matters!

And yes you are a small company that has chosen to continue to develop new products instead of producing and supporting the products you have already sold to paying customers!

What do I mean by no support? No instructions! No Answers to email! Almost no participation in this forum! No manual except for the one we users put together! And Lastly that build video you have posted! I have asked numerous times to get access to the video at a normal speed. I believe it would help your customers greatly! But yet again all you can do is ignore emails!

And what the have you said that would make me think you are sincere in this statement! All you did was make some excuses
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATERNIUM View Post
And wishing you to find confident with us one once again.

And to finish this huge pointless useless RANT OF MINE!!!! You still have not answered one of my emails yet!
Last edited by camcanuck; Jun 21, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:49 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22 View Post
awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mu71rd2 View Post
crikey that's good.

I seem to have got some jello back where I didn't have it before. Appears the foam pads might have got a bit squashed and are not doing so well. Any suggestions for what to replace them with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzix View Post
Amazing Aero!!! Very relaxing and great landscape.

Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Great video
Thanks guys, glad you liked!

mu71rd2, I saw the same thing. After a short time the foam pads become depressed and they cease to work as well as they used too. I replaced that setup with some rubber washers from the plumbing dept. and that seems to work really well.
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:53 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,662 Posts
Camcanuck,

You're going to hate me for this but...

I just started building my second gimbal. Looks like v2 fixes some of the problems from v1 and it looks way cooler, only problem I see is that it's a bit heavier

Sucks, what happened to your order but when you do get it, you'll LOVE it!

Paul
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:55 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post

mu71rd2, I saw the same thing. After a short time the foam pads become depressed and they cease to work as well as they used too. I replaced that setup with some rubber washers from the plumbing dept. and that seems to work really well.
Yes Aero that was completely amazing. Heck of a camping trip for sure! I was in the rockies last weekend and will be again this weekend for 3 days.

Unfortunately no video for me witch really sucks as I had the opportunity to record my kids along with about 20 others climb Coliseum this weekend. Its A very high face straight up the side of a mountain where they put rebar and anchor points in to help the kids climb up. Will be an amazing experience for these 11-15 year olds! My 12 year old is amped up for it to be sure. Unfortunately no spidex and no gimble means no footage for this once in a lifetime opportunity!

Keep them coming. It is inspiring!!!!!

Oh And I am not hating you at all bud. Opposite to be true. I respect the heck out of ya m8. Without you and Alan and a few others the rest of us would be screwed! It is also awesome to see what you guys are doing because it will give us things to "shoot" for!

Thank you Again for everything Paul!

Cam
Last edited by camcanuck; Jun 21, 2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:45 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
611 Posts
Hi guys,

tonight I make some experiment about central plate building.

This plate was made from G10 sheet (same thickness of frame 1.5mm), and permit to better insert Naza or others Fc and screwed with some nylon screws/bolts.

Pics are not very good (this evening I would take better).
Name: Spidex central plate 1.jpg
Views: 95
Size: 135.1 KB
Description:

Name: Spidex Esc installed.jpg
Views: 106
Size: 262.0 KB
Description:

Name: Spidex central plate 2.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 134.4 KB
Description:

This new project will be more slow respect others of mine 'cause I take 9XR with FrSky tx/rx also and I have to learn new radio and fw.
In a couples of days I'd be able to make maiden flight (curious to test new Kv1100 motors also).

Max
Pozzix is offline Find More Posts by Pozzix
Last edited by Pozzix; Jun 21, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:51 AM
United Kingdom, Great Bookham
Joined Apr 2013
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post

yeah I had a look at doing that, but my flight controller goes in the middle (I believe yours is on the top on a special board, right?) I couldn't see how it would work with the washers for me.

I've ordered some antivibration foam and will cut some new, slightly thicker pads to see if I can eliminate a bit more jello.

The other thing is that my last video was shot medium instead of wide - so I guess that only accentuates the problem, as it is effectively a zoomed in section of the sensor.
mu71rd2 is offline Find More Posts by mu71rd2
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:02 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
792 Posts
I would just like to add my support to Quaternium. I realise there are some who, for whatever reason, have not had the service they expected or paid for from them, but having had 2 Spidex with gimbals myself (ok - shipping to the UK was pretty slow too), that work so exceptionally well, right out of the box, the products really do speak for themselves. I'm sure they will sort individual problems out, just not good if you are on the receiving end, but I don't think some of the harsher comments about them are either warranted or justified, particularly from those who have not bought anything from them.

Going back to the new video on their facebook site, I'm suprised no-one has posted positively about the footage from the new 3 axis gimbal. As an alpha test, it looks great and hot on the heels of the GP3 brushless gimbal, I am really looking forward to see how this product turns out too, and wish them every sucess in its development.
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:26 AM
Joined Apr 2013
124 Posts
i don't think it is a bad thing that people have a rant on these forums. I think, on balance, the impartial viewer can see that the product they make is very good, most people are absolutely delighted with it, and Quaternium are not 'pulling a fast one' - they do get their orders out, albeit late sometimes.

If Quaternium read this forum, they will hopefully adjust their sights a little, and remember to keep customers updated. It doesn't take long to respond to emails, however busy you are. It's simply a case of prioritising 15 minutes each day to keep on top of the inbox. Perhaps they will realise that this is something they need to improve on.

There are obviously a lot of products in this market that don't work as well as they should, but this quad and gimbal work beautifully well. It's a shame there is less interaction with the customers, because customers love that sort of thing - especially with a small manufacturer. A positive relationship like that can make up for a multitude of other problems.

My personal feeling is that if Quaternium were to add 1-2 day shipping as a guaranteed service, (I paid for it, but got 8 day economy) and excellent customer service, this would be the perfect company. The world is a small place now - I ordered my tx from Helipal.com on a Tuesday morning, and it arrived to the UK from HK on Thursday morning - with excellent cusomter service. I know they are huge company, but it shows what is possible. I would order from them again at a blink. By contrast i'm not sure I will order another Spidex, as the long delays can really disrupt a hobby. I tend to only use parts now that I know I can get next day delivered, but perhaps that's just me.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Apr 2011
12 Posts
I already received my sipdex, with the gimbal .... Finished mountig yesterday... i will put some photos ...
Did my first flight... But the qual was a little shaked ... i have naza v2
I calibrate every thing...

Does anyone knows what could be?
brunomfreitas2 is offline Find More Posts by brunomfreitas2
Old Jun 21, 2013, 07:59 AM
Joined Apr 2013
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunomfreitas2 View Post
I already received my sipdex, with the gimbal .... Finished mountig yesterday... i will put some photos ...
Did my first flight... But the qual was a little shaked ... i have naza v2
I calibrate every thing...

Does anyone knows what could be?
first thought would be gains too high
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Mar 2013
72 Posts
Another busy day for this newbie

Job 1
My Turnigy 9X radio and 8 channel RX arrived.
I swapped it over today. Another new learning process for this newbie, lots of new buttons / settings to make
You may remember a few pages ago, I only had a Spektrum 5X, so could not control the pitch on the gimbal. All good now.

Job 2
I also ordered a replacement motor, as my M1 was getting very hot after a run, when compared to the others.
I didn't want to take any chances, so ordered a new one and fitted it.

Job 3
Balanced and fitted some 10 * 4.7 carbon fiber props.

Job 4
I have gone with the "doubling" up on the original motor mounts, nice and strong now.

Job 5
Re-positioned the ESC's and wiring to the underside of the arms.

Job 6
I also replaced (last week) the original nuts and bolts with hex bolts and nyloc nuts.

1st test flight all went very well.
It may be my imagination but it seems to hover much better now.

Plan now is to get as much flight time in as I can.
Extra flight batteries also arrived from HK, I now have 8 sets (running 2 in parallel).
After more air time and experience, maybe a Naza is on the cards.
springbok3255 is offline Find More Posts by springbok3255
Last edited by springbok3255; Jun 21, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:43 AM
Joined Apr 2011
12 Posts
[QUOTE=mu71rd2;25330305]first thought would be gains too high[/QUOTEthank

Thanks...I have put t the gains 170 -170-150

I Will try to lower the gains ....
brunomfreitas2 is offline Find More Posts by brunomfreitas2