SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl E Adobtr View Post
Well, I'm there now and it sure would be helpful if I had done the following:

Having those values that came with the BL is as simple as downloading the latest Martinez board software https://code.google.com/p/brushless-...downloads/list , unzipping it then going to the "GUI" folder and opening up the "Toolkit" (blg-tool.exe). There are some buttons on the bottom that allow you to load existing board values into the page in front of you (gui) after you connect the board to the computer via mini usb port on board. Just doing screen shots of the three tabbed pages would do it.
Thanks. I didn't think it would be too hard but everything I've seen has been in German. And since my gimbal seems perfect I didn't want to risk changing anything.

Just tried it and it seems simple now that I know where to look.

What about upgrading firmware?
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Jun 25, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, NV, Minden
Joined Apr 2011
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoo View Post
If you have the Naza GPS puck--black plastic on bottom, white shell with red lettering on top, and a cord that plugs into the EXP port on the Naza FC, that puck has a compass inside it. You don't need the compass module that would be mounted on a Phantom.
It seems the GPS puck already has the compass too

rnelias is offline Find More Posts by rnelias
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:59 PM
USA, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2008
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
Thanks. I didn't think it would be too hard but everything I've seen has been in German. And since my gimbal seems perfect I didn't want to risk changing anything.

Just tried it and it seems simple now that I know where to look.

What about upgrading firmware?
Thanks Alan, That won't give me Quaternium's settings though. Ah well, if I get lucky someone will get curious, look up the settings and post. I know I will if I end up ordering another gimbal!
Earl E Adobtr is offline Find More Posts by Earl E Adobtr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Current Folding Quad Project
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl E Adobtr View Post
Thanks Alan, That won't give me Quaternium's settings though. Ah well, if I get lucky someone will get curious, look up the settings and post. I know I will if I end up ordering another gimbal!
I was thinking of checking them out but my board is mounted upside down with a cover attached over it. So it would be some effort for me just to access the USB port now. We'll see how I feel about it in a day or so.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:44 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
Ever since getting my V2 gimbal and hearing how quiet it is I've been wondering if a firmware update to my V1 gimbal would get rid of the noise if an update is even possible?
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:17 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
So I am in the middle of my build. A quick STUPID QUESTION FOR EVERYONE! THOSE LOVELY CARBON TUBES THAT HOLD THE GIMBAL AND BATTERY..... WERE THEY AN OPTION??? DO I HAVE TO BUY THEM MYSELF? IS MY SPIDEX VERSION 3 and I DONT NEED THEM????????

thx anyone for answering. lol

I spent 2 hours scavenging parts off my old F450 and rebuilt it using a kk2 board. Now I spent about 5 hours building the spidex tonight. Got to the spot where I need the tubes to mount the gimble and battery..... Hmm No Tubes.... Does this mean I get to take everything apart and rebuild my f450? Thinking this might have been a big mistake!
camcanuck is offline Find More Posts by camcanuck
Last edited by camcanuck; Jun 26, 2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:32 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,712 Posts
Oh man... you've had some serious bad luck. Both my kits came with the tubes. I think you may be able to go to a sporting goods store and purchase some carbon arrow tubes, I believe they're the same diameter 8mm.
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:38 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
635 Posts
That's incredible Cam....I'm speechless

Btw rods are 8mm x 310 mm thick 2,5

Max

[EDIT]
They aren't rods (sorry) but tubes
Pozzix is offline Find More Posts by Pozzix
Last edited by Pozzix; Jun 26, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:39 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Oh man... you've had some serious bad luck. Both my kits came with the tubes. I think you may be able to go to a sporting goods store and purchase some carbon arrow tubes, I believe they're the same diameter 8mm.
Ya. Im really ready to just send this back. But hey. What should I expect at this point!

Some good news.

The Spidex Gents are doing a build video for us finally. I asked for the raw footage of the 50x speed one and they could not find it. So they decided to do a new one.

And thank you very much pozzix for the measurements. It looks like they may not have planned not to send them. My box is only 30 centimeters long..... Oh they could have put them across the bottom lol..... To bad they did not.

Well fun day tomorrow planned. Take a spidex apart and put it in a box and Rebuild an F450.

Funny thing is I thought there might be a problem. I recorded myself opening it up. Just played it back for myself. No Rods.
Last edited by camcanuck; Jun 26, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:08 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
I think I will go cry myself to sleep now
Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:15 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcanuck View Post
I think I will go cry myself to sleep now
Hey Cam, don't worry.....U can find carbon tubes easily (BTW unacceptable forgetfulness)....

So, good night mate.

Max
Pozzix is offline Find More Posts by Pozzix
Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:16 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
1,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcanuck View Post
Ya. Im really ready to just send this back. But hey. What should I expect at this point!

Some good news.

The Spidex Gents are doing a build video for us finally. I asked for the raw footage of the 50x speed one and they could not find it. So they decided to do a new one.

And thank you very much pozzix for the measurements. It looks like they may not have planned not to send them. My box is only 30 centimeters long..... Oh they could have put them across the bottom lol..... To bad they did not.

Well fun day tomorrow planned. Take a spidex apart and put it in a box and Rebuild an F450.

Funny thing is I thought there might be a problem. I recorded myself opening it up. Just played it back for myself. No Rods.
Wow Cam. Still waiting for my package. It was sent by Spanish postal service. Economy. But the guys at Quaternium have refunded part of the postal charge since then.
cruiser73 is online now Find More Posts by cruiser73
Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:43 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Thw Spidex Guys were willing to 3 day some rods out to me. Canada Day Long weekend starts Friday and they most likely would not arrive in time and I am not back until the next Friday. I told them not to bother as shipping would be ridiculous for some rods. I will try to find some nice looking arrows Wednesday.

Im exhausted. Need Sleep. Dont Care!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:03 AM
Joined Mar 2013
79 Posts
Hi every body!!

We heard that some of you are trying to upgrade the gimbal board controller by Martinez firmware. Please DON'T do this!! The Quaternium BL-Gimbal is not running Martinez firmware and you may cause serious damage. We sell this as plug'n'play and if you gimbal has some malfunction we'll be glad to fix it or replace parts.

BR,
QUATERNIUM
QUATERNIUM is offline Find More Posts by QUATERNIUM
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:48 AM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
i got mine today have tested the gimbal and i'm glad i waited ....hopefully get it built in a day or 2 then maiden

oh and even though i had no UPS postage details it was delivered by UPS so apologies about that Q
IflyaIfly4 is offline Find More Posts by IflyaIfly4