HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2013, 04:04 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
A gimbal instruction manual! Is there anything in that I need to know at this point? What is the little grey ribbon in the bag next to the gimbal? You are probably too busy building this to answer.
Hah, I wish I was building. I'm currently working and while my computer does some rendering I posted to the forum. Maybe tonight I'll have some time to play with stuff.

I think those are the rubber bands to hold the go pro in the gimbal. Not sure though as they look pretty flimsy.

Instruction manual is just one page showing what all the plugs are.

Does anyone run their gimbal off the main flight battery?
AeroVideoUS is offline Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post

Does anyone run their gimbal off the main flight battery?
That's what I do. I have a plug and socket in case I don't want it running. I have been eliminating batteries for simplicity and only want to use the flight battery to power my camera, gimbal, and video. I just need to get a hard to find 7.2 or 12 volt BEC for my video transmitter as it can't handle 4S and 6 volts is right about where it quits.

Update - ordered a 9 volt BEC from Hobby King in HK.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; May 08, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old May 08, 2013, 04:11 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,552 Posts
Quote:
That's what I do. I have a plug and socket in case I don't want it running. I have been eliminating batteries for simplicity and only want to use the flight battery to power my camera, gimbal, and video. I just need to get a hard to find 7.2 or 12 volt BEC for my video transmitter as it can't handle 4S and 6 volts is right about where it quits.
Good to know, thanks! I too try to do everything with just the flight battery but I see a lot of people in these brushless gimbal threads using a dedicated battery.

I did see the instruction sheet said it could handle 3s to 4s which is good as that's what I fly with!
Old May 08, 2013, 04:46 PM
total newbie
Greece, Makedonia Thraki, Thessaloniki
Joined Jan 2012
88 Posts
I got this adjustable 1A step-down regulator for my Tx, to provide filtered & steady 12V. I hope this will help eliminate the poor performance I was getting. These quads are very cramped, and this doesn't help with electrical noise interference... I'm thinking of placing the Tx on the front arm, to keep the camera cable short as well.
mitsaras is offline Find More Posts by mitsaras
Old May 08, 2013, 05:23 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,552 Posts
It's SOOO cool that this thing is already assembled. For kicks and because I was too curious I strapped my gopro in and plugged in a battery. Low and behold it worked like a charm. After watching the video of me walking around with it I immediately noticed a 3rd axis might be needed. The roll and tilt from my footsteps were removed but keeping a straight trajectory was difficult.

My tilt was a bit off level but I'm guessing that will be adjustable once I hook it up to my receiver and use the dial on my Dx8.

Do these need to be perfectly level and untouched during its startup process? Answered by their video, YES!

Also, I've heard the high pitch whine from these gimbals is loud but wow, it's also quite painful!

Paul
Last edited by AeroVideoUS; May 08, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old May 08, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
Also, I've heard the high pitch whine from these gimbals is loud but wow, it's also quite painful!
I've got mine today and try it right away. The high pitch is awful. I guess there's nothing we can do about it, right?
Also, there is a red wire on the controller, I guess fixing some kind of problem found after the production. I hope it will stand a rough landing.
Otherwise, it looks well tuned. Haven't flied it yet, but it seems to correct hand movement just right.
rolin is offline Find More Posts by rolin
Old May 09, 2013, 04:22 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
481 Posts
When will be available again spidex v2 frame?

Thks

Max
Pozzix is offline Find More Posts by Pozzix
Old May 09, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel van Son View Post
Just a quick question:

Does the gimbal controller accept a 4S lipo for the powersupply?

thanks
Yes!
QUATERNIUM is offline Find More Posts by QUATERNIUM
Old May 09, 2013, 04:59 AM
Joined Mar 2013
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozzix View Post
When will be available again spidex v2 frame?

Thks

Max
Next week.
QUATERNIUM is offline Find More Posts by QUATERNIUM
Old May 09, 2013, 05:31 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATERNIUM View Post
Next week.
ok thanks

What king of servo is the best is I want to go without brushless gimbal?

May U advise some brand/type?

Max
Old May 09, 2013, 11:50 AM
Canada, AB, Red Deer
Joined Apr 2013
311 Posts
Quote:

Update - ordered a 9 volt BEC from Hobby King in HK.
Hey alan. Is this the bec you ordered?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ly_6_23v_.html
camcanuck is offline Find More Posts by camcanuck
Old May 09, 2013, 01:26 PM
United Kingdom, Great Bookham
Joined Apr 2013
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
As you know I am the pilot tester from quaternium.es Now I am testing a new pancake motor for the spidex and a new props. If every flights performs well you will have on the shop very soon (maybe next week). For now I am very happy with the first results.
any more news about this? I have just had an email saying my spidex has shipped , and realise I only have DJI stock motors and props to use. Will transfer them to the spidex initially, but wondering when these new motors might be available?
mu71rd2 is offline Find More Posts by mu71rd2
Old May 09, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcanuck View Post
Hey alan. Is this the bec you ordered?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ly_6_23v_.html
Yes. I have the Fatshark Predator V2 which uses a 250mw transmitter, so I think this should be fine. It may be a while before it arrives for me to check, but 2.5A seems like plenty and is the lightest of the 7.2v, 9.2v and 12v they sell. I couldn't find any other source. The 600mw Immersion transmitter that can work with the Fatshark goggles can handle a 4S and wouldn't need this.

As for the noise of the gimbal - it can't be heard when flying.

Also, I made a minor mod in that I turned the gimbal board upside down and placed a piece of foam over it. (Too overcast to fly or shoot this week so I had time on my hands.) I prefer the wires and connectors being protected this way under the board. It all fit fine except I had to file the side of a plastic spacer a little to clear a connector.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; May 09, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old May 09, 2013, 03:44 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined May 2011
481 Posts
Hi guys,

can I install on Spidex v2, motors like these?
MT2208-18 KV1100

Max
Old May 09, 2013, 04:27 PM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsaras View Post
Alan,
I can't thank you enough my friend!

Happy flying & smooth landings!!!

Edited to add:
As for props, I have a set of RCTimer 10x5 CF coming, they seem to have positive reviews.
Im running the Rctimer 10x5 graupner clones and they work great, just make sure to balance, some were way out of balance. Markq did a prop test and the best 10x5 props are still the graupner e prop, only problem is where to find them ha.
swartzracing is online now Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member