SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:11 AM
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
Just a WARNING for all customers of quaternium.es!!
Bought 5 ESCs from them. Soldered according to the label on ESC.
Plugged in the battery and the ESC burnt! The label on ESC as they sell from quaternium.es
is wrong, "+" and "-" are swapped. The seller doesn't answer on emails, don't buy them!
ruzzz is offline Find More Posts by ruzzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:39 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Feb 2008
45 Posts
My brushless gimbal + frame was shipped yesterday... hope to get it in the next days. Shouldn't be too long within Europe...
-Klaus
worldofmaya is offline Find More Posts by worldofmaya
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:09 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofmaya View Post
My brushless gimbal + frame was shipped yesterday... hope to get it in the next days. Shouldn't be too long within Europe...
-Klaus
Great please post your first impression here.
I am preparing a little video tuto to show you what will recive but since this product itīs plug and play itīs very simple.
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Old Apr 24, 2013, 04:19 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Feb 2008
45 Posts
Sure moriwaky! Tracking says it should be here on Monday...
-Klaus
Old Apr 24, 2013, 04:31 AM
total newbie
Greece, Makedonia Thraki, Thessaloniki
Joined Jan 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
I am preparing a little video tuto to show you what will recive but since this product itīs plug and play itīs very simple.
That will be really nice! Some ideas on placement of components like vtx, receiver, etc will also help.
Can't wait for mine to show up...!!!
mitsaras is offline Find More Posts by mitsaras
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
I received a notice that mine shipped with tracking info to come later. Thanks.
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,686 Posts
Great to hear it's shipping, can't wait to see feedback and video from users.
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Apr 24, 2013, 01:29 PM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
242 Posts
Here you have a little unboxing and tuto to use this gimbal. Itīs really plug and play and you donīt need to do nothing to work. Just plug the battery and the camera. Look the video for details

Spidex gimbal brushless Unboxing and Tutorial (2 min 40 sec)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
That's just great. Especially in light of some of the setup issues I've been reading from users of a different gimbal.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:30 PM
aka Helidaho
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Jun 2010
2,686 Posts
That video was awesome! I truly hope it is that easy. Glad I got the frame too, that should help.
AeroVideoUS is online now Find More Posts by AeroVideoUS
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroVideoUS View Post
That video was awesome! I truly hope it is that easy. Glad I got the frame too, that should help.
Yes that gimbal and frame make sense as one well designed unit. Originally I thought of using the gimbal on my TBS Discovery, but once I looked at the Spidex frame and saw that it was only $75, I gave up on that idea.

There are quite a few other GoPro gimbal designs circulating out there and I think only one other (YUN-1) is being delivered.

What especially impressed me about the Spidex one is how well thought out the design is... protection for the lens and front of the camera, precise positioning which eliminates the need for the user to fine tune the gimbal, balance and isolation, and of course the way it is positioned in front on the Spidex frame rather than under the copter. And the low price is very nice too.

I ordered it as soon as it was announced and was worried that it somehow was too good to be true and wouldn't live up to my expectations. But the posted videos have let me stop worrying.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:07 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,475 Posts
One big advantage (for me) about the Spidex concept, is its low area side profile making it handling strong wind better than underslung mounted gimbals, less side area for the wind to catch and rocking the multicopter.

If it just also was available for a Nex5 ..... !!
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:49 AM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Feb 2008
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
Here you have a little unboxing and tuto to use this gimbal. Itīs really plug and play and you donīt need to do nothing to work. Just plug the battery and the camera. Look the video for details

https://vimeo.com/64740898
Great! Now it's even harder to wait
-Klaus
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:01 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
One big advantage (for me) about the Spidex concept, is its low area side profile making it handling strong wind better than underslung mounted gimbals, less side area for the wind to catch and rocking the multicopter.

If it just also was available for a Nex5 ..... !!
I have a GF2 waiting in my desk ready to fly with bigger spidex. Donīt worry soon or later. Maybe after this boom of the gimbals, Jlcortex from quaternium will have some spare time to make the proto for me to testing.

Glad you all enjoy the video. One detail, please take care about the polarity on the board just a mistake and all the waiting time will be a waste.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 08:51 AM
Joined Mar 2013
41 Posts
Hi moriwaky, I really love your Spidex with Brushless Gimbal
Could you please sell without bundled the V3 board version
I believe many of us have the same thought.

By the way, what is the size of the aluminum tube, I still have lots of 13mm for spare.
fpvboy is offline Find More Posts by fpvboy
Last edited by fpvboy; Apr 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM.