HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 09, 2013, 06:45 PM
Registered User
Kataventos's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
Hey you two Drone maniacs (JosÚ and Moriwaki)... great idea with that Gimbal! I must say that it is what I imagined to do but with servos, never had the time to do it so far anyway

Of course that at this time I will throw all my servos to the garbage

Here is a Spidex video with no stab at all...

Sunday Mowing Flight. Multiwii 2.2 and KV Team OSD r345 (3 min 33 sec)


More info on www.kvteamosd.com for Multiwii pilots.

Cheers,
KV
Kataventos is offline Find More Posts by Kataventos
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
Here you have the very first flight with the new brushless gimbal designed by www.quaternium.es. Avaible very soon. It weight only 270 gr with hero3 and it will be compatible with all version of spidex. More videos are coming!

https://vimeo.com/63359186
hey,
awesome stuff ...
is the fc naza with the gps ??
CH
crazyhorse21 is offline Find More Posts by crazyhorse21
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 AM
Registered User
AlanGold's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
That unstabilized video is great but I feel the reason it works is that you are moving a lot. That smooths things out pretty well.

For most of my work shooting homes, architecture and landscape features/amenities I see flying very slowly pretty low and need the image to be smooth. I can get decent but not perfect results on wind free days. But once there is any wind the video is unusable.

Here is one shot on a wind free day that I think is decent but still has some movement in it. I am hoping the Spidex and gimbal improves on this. BTW since making this video I have switched to Graupners and have less vibration and a sharper image.

Kenwood Blossoms - Japanese cherry trees in bloom near Washington DC (1 min 56 sec)
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Apr 17, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:40 PM
Registered User
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse21 View Post
hey,
awesome stuff ...
is the fc naza with the gps ??
CH
Yes, I use the naza on the spidex. It works great

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
That unstabilized video is great but I feel the reason it works is that you are moving a lot. That smooths things out pretty well.

For most of my work shooting homes, architecture and landscape features/amenities I see flying very slowly pretty low and need the image to be smooth. I can get decent but not perfect results on wind free days. But once there is any wind the video is unusable.

Here is one shot on a wind free day that I think is decent but still has some movement in it. I am hoping the Spidex and gimbal improves on this. BTW since making this video I have switched to Graupners and have less vibration and a sharper image.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka6vOc02rlE
I like the colours of your shoot, maybe with little bit les of vibration you wil have a winner video. I am shure with spidex will be easy for you to get this shoot free of jello. But as for any multicopter a very good balance is needed to get the perfect shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataventos View Post
Hey you two Drone maniacs (JosÚ and Moriwaki)... great idea with that Gimbal! I must say that it is what I imagined to do but with servos, never had the time to do it so far anyway

Of course that at this time I will throw all my servos to the garbage

Here is a Spidex video with no stab at all...

http://youtu.be/RK-wNWUgqfk

More info on www.kvteamosd.com for Multiwii pilots.

Cheers,
KV


Hey kataventos! looking your video seems your are having a great time with spidex. Keep posting this kind of videos I like it.
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
Registered User
AlanGold's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post

I like the colours of your shoot, maybe with little bit les of vibration you wil have a winner video. I am shure with spidex will be easy for you to get this shoot free of jello. But as for any multicopter a very good balance is needed to get the perfect shoot.
Thanks, as stated, I was using the cheap DJI props for practice on the Discovery and knew that the Graupners work better. Yes I should have used the Graupners on that video but I was just playing around. Now that I am testing on actual jobs I have put on the Graupners and the image is much better with no jello at all. But I still need a gimbal for when the copter pitches up and down or tilts side to side... especially in any wind. I'm expecting to fly very slowly for most of my videos.

Graupner and DJI propeller comparison. (0 min 9 sec)
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Apr 17, 2013 at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 04:58 PM
Registered User
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
Thanks, as stated, I was using the cheap DJI props for practice on the Discovery and knew that the Graupners work better. Yes I should have used the Graupners on that video but I was just playing around. Now that I am testing on actual jobs I have put on the Graupners and the image is much better with no jello at all. But I still need a gimbal for when the copter pitches up and down or tilts side to side... especially in any wind. I'm expecting to fly very slowly for most of my videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPK7S5dSqNo

Yes Graupner are a lot of better than DJI props. The results with the graupner is very good.

Here you have another quick test video from a different point of view. This time you can see the frame of the spidex shaking and how harder is the gimbal working. For me is very impresive and a great result I am very happy with the performance.



Spidex V.2 Looking the frame from the new brushless gimbal (RAW video, no post pro) (1 min 28 sec)


The first preorder are nearly finished a ready to ship and a new preorder will be very very soon
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Last edited by moriwaky; Apr 17, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
Registered User
AlanGold's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post

The first preorder are nearly finished a ready to ship and a new preorder will be very very soon
That is great to know because I think I was the third or fourth person to order according to the inventory report of how many were available when I ordered.

That video is amazingly smooth...I can't wait!
AlanGold is offline Find More Posts by AlanGold
Last edited by AlanGold; Apr 17, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 08:12 AM
Registered User
Kataventos's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
One Spidex different video to change the pilot layout

Using:
-Multiwii 2.2
-KV Team OSD software

Have fun and fly safe.
Cheers,
KV

Multiwii FPV (3 min 40 sec)
Kataventos is offline Find More Posts by Kataventos
Last edited by Kataventos; Apr 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:38 PM
Registered User
macinr's Avatar
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,218 Posts
neat video but I didn't notice any OSD stuff? (not that it's relevant to this thread but I was curious)
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:43 PM
Registered User
Kataventos's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
yes, this video was exclusively to share with you my last weekend FPV fun with the Spidex.

For the OSD related software and wiki please visit: www.kvteamosd.com
and
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1786599
Kataventos is offline Find More Posts by Kataventos
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:32 AM
Registered User
v00d0o's Avatar
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,249 Posts
What is the AUW on the Spidex quadcopter with gimbal and all?
v00d0o is offline Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I've been looking for a folding frame for my current quad, and a brushless gimbal. I stumbled upon this thread from another brushless gimbal thread, and I really like what I see! My current set up is: Tmotor MS2212-13 980KV, 20A RapidESCs, Naza, 2200mAH 3S. Will all the components work with the frame?

Also, how do I get on the next pre-order? I tried accessing the english site, but doesn't seem to work: www.quaternium.es EDIT: Looks like its working now. If my components match up to this frame and gimbal, I want in on the next preorder!

Thanks!
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Last edited by dartmouth01; Apr 19, 2013 at 04:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:41 AM
Zenmusement
Michiel van Son's Avatar
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Joined Dec 2012
155 Posts
Hi!

I've also placed a pre-order a few weeks ago and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just a few questions:

- will the gimbal come operational out of the box?

- or do we have to manually program the controller for it to work?

- is it possible to reduce the horizonleveling, so that you can't see/"feel" the movement of the quad when rolling just a little bit?

Thanks
Michiel van Son is offline Find More Posts by Michiel van Son
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Feb 2008
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
I Front and back arms aren't fully symetric so tunning hasn't been the easiest with a CC3D or my mutliwii board.
Any good hints on where to start with tuning? Never had a asymmetrical multi.
I'll use APM2.5 and maybe try my DJI on the second frame I've ordered...
-Klaus
worldofmaya is offline Find More Posts by worldofmaya
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:24 AM
Registered User
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel van Son View Post
Hi!

I've also placed a pre-order a few weeks ago and can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just a few questions:

- will the gimbal come operational out of the box?

- or do we have to manually program the controller for it to work?

- is it possible to reduce the horizonleveling, so that you can't see/"feel" the movement of the quad when rolling just a little bit?

Thanks

Hi! so you will be very happy. you will have the gimbal soon. This Afternoon the last gimbals from the first preorder are finished and the monday quaternium will start the shipping. For your questions The gimbal will be operational right out of the box no needs any adjustement, maybe a calibration, but it very easy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofmaya View Post
Any good hints on where to start with tuning? Never had a asymmetrical multi.
I'll use APM2.5 and maybe try my DJI on the second frame I've ordered...
-Klaus

This frame is not much asimetrical, just a little bit and with naza it┤s very easy to configure don┤t worry.
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GOPRO FPV Spider Quadcopter V4.0 + Anti Virbation Mount (NEW Pics Updated 15Apr2012) DiVidesign Multirotor Talk 98 Nov 05, 2013 06:12 AM
Build Log *NEW* X468 FlameGear GoPro Camera Mount/LG For DJI Flame Wheel Frames(Build Log) Z06 Tony Multirotor Talk 293 Jan 07, 2013 08:26 PM
Video Quadcopter flight with gopro mop Electric Heli Talk 0 Jan 23, 2012 08:04 AM
Sold RC-Carbon 650mm Y6 frame with GoPro mount Sid3ways Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 22 Aug 19, 2011 08:24 PM
Discussion Testing X468 Frame with GoPro mount cdi3d Multirotor Talk 53 May 05, 2011 06:31 PM