Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 22, 2012, 05:22 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Discussion
Banana hobby is knowingly shipping planes with missing parts.

Just got well just got a T28 from banana hobby.

And the clevises, pushrods and control horns are missing from the box.

After doing a search here in rcgroups i come to find that this is not a single rare problem. It is a KNOWN PROBLEM with this T28.

Yet banana keeps selling and shipping these incomplete planes.

This is not the first time I have had problems with banana. But it sure is the LAST time. This is the last order i will ever place with banana.
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
HI texbird, we do not purposely ship items with missing parts unless it is a clearance item and for those the reason its listed in clearance is listed on the website, may I have your order number so we can send the missing parts please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbird View Post
Just got well just got a T28 from banana hobby.

And the clevises, pushrods and control horns are missing from the box.

After doing a search here in rcgroups i come to find that this is not a single rare problem. It is a KNOWN PROBLEM with this T28.

Yet banana keeps selling and shipping these incomplete planes.

This is not the first time I have had problems with banana. But it sure is the LAST time. This is the last order i will ever place with banana.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old May 22, 2012, 10:34 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hobby CSR View Post
HI texbird, we do not purposely ship items with missing parts ...
I have PMed you.

1. if you read the thread for this plane there are statements that people routinely receive this plane with these parts missing and that this has been going on for a while.

2. One guy posted that he ordered TWO of these T28s and BOTH were missing these exact same parts.

3. The first summary post in the thread even warns people about these routinely missing parts in the T28 and even lists Dubro parts numbers and photos so you can go buy our own replacement parts! They would not be doing this for a rare problem.

4. The box i received wasn't even sealed - it had obviously been opened and looked at, the lid's lock-down tabs were not even put back into place. Yet it was still shipped to me.

I thought that by now, surely banana would not still be shipping these this way - boy was I wrong...

And its not a matter of the money, its the principle of the thing....
Last edited by texbird; May 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
I've got gas
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Annnnnnd no response from Banana.
BrightCap232 is online now Find More Posts by BrightCap232
Old May 29, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
463 Posts
Actually we did respond to him, if you read his last post he stated that he pmed me, therefore his private message was responded to and a parts request was submitted for the missing parts to be sent to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyers View Post
Annnnnnd no response from Banana.
Banana Hobby CSR is offline Find More Posts by Banana Hobby CSR
Old May 29, 2012, 01:58 PM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Awesome
Last edited by BrightCap232; May 29, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 03:08 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
NOT AWESOME

i have still never received the promised replacement parts!

Here is the PM she sent me NINE DAYS AGO

MAY 29: "Hi texbird, just letting you know that I am checking with the parts department to find out what the parts haven't gone out yet, and I will try and get you the tracking by the end of the day today."

Not only did banana NOT reply by the end of the day - here it is NINE DAYS LATER and still no reply AND STILL NO PARTS!

Banana Hobby = broken promises
broken promises
broken promises
Last edited by texbird; Jun 08, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:35 PM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Yea I know man. I said awesome in response to Banana Hobby because apparently he had time to tell me that he responded to your PM. Glad they followed through

I hope your situation gets resolved. I do know that I will never buy anything from them after hearing all the negative feedback.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texbird View Post
NOT AWESOME

i have still never received the promised replacement parts!

Here is the PM she sent me NINE DAYS AGO

MAY 29: "Hi texbird, just letting you know that I am checking with the parts department to find out what the parts haven't gone out yet, and I will try and get you the tracking by the end of the day today."

Not only did banana NOT reply by the end of the day - here it is NINE DAYS LATER and still no reply AND STILL NO PARTS!

Banana Hobby = broken promises
broken promises
broken promises

oh darn,your not being a good customer and forgetting and moving on.it much better for banana if you forget and sweep it under the rug.
i honestly dont understand how they stay in business.im sure they get big mark downs from the factory for kits missing parts.but they wont pass it on to the people that it matters.DONT LET UP.
flyrcusa is offline Find More Posts by flyrcusa
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:43 AM
I've got gas
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcusa View Post
oh darn,your not being a good customer and forgetting and moving on.it much better for banana if you forget and sweep it under the rug.
i honestly dont understand how they stay in business.im sure they get big mark downs from the factory for kits missing parts.but they wont pass it on to the people that it matters.DONT LET UP.
I wonder if the kits they ship with missing parts are from times like this where someone tells them they're missing something and they just go rooting through the box, get the part and ship it out and forget that the box they took parts from isn't complete anymore. Like I said in another rant thread these are companies that carry the cheap parts, batteries, motors, etc and they dont give a crap about customer service.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyers View Post
I wonder if the kits they ship with missing parts are from times like this where someone tells them they're missing something and they just go rooting through the box, get the part and ship it out and forget that the box they took parts from isn't complete anymore. Like I said in another rant thread these are companies that carry the cheap parts, batteries, motors, etc and they dont give a crap about customer service.
roger that. its a big 10-4 over
flyrcusa is offline Find More Posts by flyrcusa
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:04 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
still no replacement parts as the Banana rep promised