Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:31 AM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,196 Posts
I have 4 tarot zyx-s and 2 zyx and have no problems with any of them. One is in a scale Agusta A109 so I gotta trust it some.The most I paid was $56 with usb and free shipping I got my first zyx for $40 that someone couldn't get to work but it set up fine for me using it since I have thought about some of the others but I know these work for my purposes
skyeblu is online now Find More Posts by skyeblu
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:51 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
860 Posts
450 from HELLi

Hi yall,
I was workin on my 450 today, This cost me 3,21 euros, finished the chassis and tail boom, its a belt drive model and sports an all Aluminum frame work.
Im just waiting on the rotorhead to get here so I can (maybe) finish the rest of it.

I polished all the alu parts to a mirror finish, there is still some plastic left on the bird, but that wont be long rotorhead bearing block, skids.

Im leaving a pic here for yall to look at and give me your opinions.

Thanks

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:53 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Eeerrr

Shiny !

No its nice , what matters is it makes you happy !

My alloy tail block came today ! , so hopefully have by bling 450 finished tomorrow .. I found some more alloy parts

But not sure I want to go there ( )
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:08 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
R.C. Man, now if you could find some chrome servos, silver gears and a chrome cover for the battery, you wont need a canopy.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
R.C. Man, now if you could find some chrome servos, silver gears and a chrome cover for the battery, you wont need a canopy.
I think that would be to much Bling Bling, It is a heli ya know, and not a Cadilac.
But Chrome blades would be cool. lol.
Gettin some alu screws too, black dont look soo good.

And, I would hate to crash this thing with all that Bling, so I got me a Flymaster for it to, will take it real easy till I get the nutz to whomp on it.

Frank

Will make a vid
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:22 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post23931578

Pictures of the complete Bitzer 450
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:58 PM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post
Hmm just calculating my next build :

So far I have . ( This will be in USD ) and all prices shipped

450Kit $11.45
4000KV Motor $7.63
ESC $10.22
Gyro $10.18
Servos $8 (4)
Rotor Blades $3.67
$51.15 to expensive , gone over budget $1.15
Looks like one could do it for less than $100 with Tx ... (not buying another Tx)

Time to block Ebay .
No battery?
LOL?
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
No battery?
LOL?
I had batteries ..

Wasnt a from scratch [ owned nothing ] build .. Was the price of the heli , lets not forget Tx - charger - tools etc [ so not a factor ]

And didn't block Ebay ! [ Greatest crime of all ] hmmm , I wonder if I can freeze my paypal account for 3 months

+ I found cheaper parts , so build finally did come under $50 , and if mem serves , I got a Computer Tx and the project came under $90 [ ZD 7 chnl ]

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=29 revised build cost ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=41 wow ZD 7Ch $39 for a computer Tx

I still have my first ZD 7Ch radio , modded to mode 2 from mode 1 , I like it very much as Mode 2 ..

I dont think I could build for that price again , not with a computer Tx ...

Though I still have [ un built ] my $10 shipped and $9 shipped 450 kits .. Which would be a hell of a start towards a $100 ready to rock build .. Folks sure missed out when those kits were on Ebay ...

I still cant believe I got complete 450 kits for 9 and 10 Dollars US [ shipped ] that's insane , cos the cheapest Ive seen lately is around $35 + Shipping .. For the same kit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by old4570; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:42 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post23931578

Pictures of the complete Bitzer 450
Looks good (yummy) man, nice setup, black and alu.

My next 1 ? hmmm let me finish mine first before I start another project.

Keep it goin

Frank
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:18 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Sorry guys! Have been busy for quite a while, I finally finished building my Tarot 450! Not as blingy as your Bitzer 450 for sure, but almost full alloy as well!

Credits to WOS for the motor and ESC! Thanks pal!

Here are the pictures:
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:24 AM
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by perdification View Post
Sorry guys! Have been busy for quite a while, I finally finished building my Tarot 450! Not as blingy as your Bitzer 450 for sure, but almost full alloy as well!

Here are the pictures:
Nice. Bring her up the sky. Share your video.
rchobbyfly is offline Find More Posts by rchobbyfly
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:14 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
That looks nice

Quote:

Here are the pictures:
That looks nice .. Just waiting on the new Tx and a couple more alloy parts ..
Again , in the mail .
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:15 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2012
273 Posts
Thanks for the support guys, took her out just now and I'd say, not too shabby. First time going flybarless, and it's a good experience. The tail gain needed to be bumped up a little. I really hope the servos don't crap out, spent a whole lot of time keeping the wires inside the frame, don't want to have to take them out again. Motor and ESC was only warm after the flight, cooler than my flybar setup. The CX-3X1000 does a perfect job of keeping her steady, slightly easier to fly than a flybarred bird. Hopefully I can get a flight video of her soon! Need to find someone to help film...

One thing I realised is that the main gear is not exactly flat and a little warped, but it doesn't cause much wobble in the bird, but i can see it moving up and down while spinning. I bought them from HK, brand new. Wonder if these would be better?

Oh and if you guys realise, I fly without the horizontal stabilizer and tail boom braces. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
perdification is offline Find More Posts by perdification
Last edited by perdification; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:55 AM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Quote:

Here are the pictures:
Your Welcome, Glad to help! Have Fun!
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Well

Quote:

Oh and if you guys realise, I fly without the horizontal stabilizer and tail boom braces. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
Yeah , thats whats nice about a carbon boom .. Especially if the tail rotor is vibration free .. Otherwise the tail braces can help absorb vibration and stiffen up the tail ..
RCG Plus Member