SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 17, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Sep 2011
354 Posts
Same here. Off horizon with yaw then it slowly correct itself back to center again
Edit:I cannot get pitch to do a full 90 degree in Velocity mode. I am using a Futaba 9C with 2.4 module and rx
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Last edited by flashervn; Jun 17, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Edit:I cannot get pitch to do a full 90 degree in Velocity mode. I am using a Futaba 9C with 2.4 module and rx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
not sure how but gary was seeing this yaw/roll coupling issue and now it is gone...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...82036&page=165

perhaps it is just a little code gremlin.... like something that only shows up with a certain orientation or temp calibration or something
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:24 AM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
okay, i have a question....

the mounting configuration is confusing as hell..

in the promo material

Quote:
Body or Camera reference mounting options:

Body reference - mounted to top of camera. In this mounting option the camera stays level in the air while the craft moves around it. HoverflyGIMBAL actively measures the craft movement and adjusts the gimbal control to keep the camera level.

Camera reference - mounted to the bottom (under camera). In this mounting option HoverflyGIMBAL will keep the camera level with respect to the ground. The system measures camera movement in this mode.

so does that mean if you select "bottom" anything that it needs to be on the camera plate and not on the frame?

I was going to mount this upside down on the frame.... is that a no go... it seemed to "work" this way....

the mounting config needs to be redone in the software and manual.... this is an American English Speaking Company not a Chinese company...

the name scheme is terrible and it doesnt make sense to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also in the promo material it says
Quote:
Software features:
Sensitivity control featuring “soft” to “hard” adjustability for smooth control ("Steadicam® feel") to sharp stop control (reality TV feel)
so where is this option?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:27 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
not sure how but gary was seeing this yaw/roll coupling issue and now it is gone...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...82036&page=165

perhaps it is just a little code gremlin.... like something that only shows up with a certain orientation or temp calibration or something
The weird yaw-roll coupling problem I had was only with the PJ710V, and then only when the HF Gimbal board was mounted right above the camera. I moved the board to the back of the mounting plate, and the problem went away.

Here's a video I did today:

AG550-PJ 2-Axis PJ710V Gimbal Test-16.mov (5 min 9 sec)

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:38 AM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
strange..... i have notice it... (yaw/roll problem) but does not happen every time and if i reboot the board it will be fine....

seems odd, sometimes it works perfect and others it has offset center and the yaw/roll problem...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:41 AM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas4275 View Post
okay, i have a question....

the mounting configuration is confusing as hell..
Well it might be confusing but we are at a loss for a better way to describe 24 different orientations. Any ideas.

The smooth option can be added. We were more concerned with a smooth default at release but are adding more functions now. Such as the show feature.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Well it might be confusing but we are at a loss for a better way to describe 24 different orientations. Any ideas.

The smooth option can be added. We were more concerned with a smooth default at release but are adding more functions now. Such as the show feature.
Perhaps 1 picture for each type would work with the wording, the top and bottom nomenclature confuses me.... Is bottom upside down or does it mean that is is mounted on the camera plate (hard to do this and not mount it upside down)

So a picture of a Top and bottom mount would be helpful ( diagrams are better than photos in my opinion)

Having a lot of mounting options is nice, but I can see where it gets difficult to describe them.

So the smooth will be added in the future, okay no problem I was just confused because the product page info didn't match the manual (features and naming conventions)

Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:05 AM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Is there any video of the Hoverfly Gimbal board maintaining heading/yaw position on a 3 axis gimbal. I've seen some results for roll and tilt on the askman gimbal but haven't seen heading hold in action yet.

Thanks for any links!
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:01 AM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
I don't have time to get my 3rd axis on, but I would be interested in seeing this as well
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Does the board actually produce usable heading hold for a gimbal.... This is the one feature that is preventing me from ordering this board. @Hoverfly, do you have a video demonstrating this feature in action. Please forgive my skepticism but I have been through earlier Hoverfly and quadpowered products that had features promised but never delivered. I haven't been back to Hoverfly since but this board has me interested again.... I need to see it to believe it though... Thanks in advance for some legit video.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnaimless View Post
Does the board actually produce usable heading hold for a gimbal.... This is the one feature that is preventing me from ordering this board. @Hoverfly, do you have a video demonstrating this feature in action. Please forgive my skepticism but I have been through earlier Hoverfly and quadpowered products that had features promised but never delivered. I haven't been back to Hoverfly since but this board has me interested again.... I need to see it to believe it though... Thanks in advance for some legit video.
Understandable. We are making another video now and will post it very soon.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Understandable. We are making another video now and will post it very soon.
Can't wait to see it... I'd really like to see end users with this feature too.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
hey Al I think the roll/yaw coupling issue I am see (as are many) might be tied to the compass calibration (even though we are not using the yaw axis) any way that we can get the ability to calibrate the compass on the gimbal board? currently it is grayed out.

I can show you some video of the roll/yaw coupling but i think you are aware of it.

thanks
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Sep 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by defxxx View Post
Full day of tests today with AV200 under a Skyjib8. Hunted over a wide of gains today, mostly in the sub-500's. Keeping both the tilt and roll equal as a reference point. The last test I bumped it up and it looks like 600-650 is getting to be the zone for roll. Tilt needs a little work, thinking slightly higher.

Of course these ranges are for my setup. But it may get some AV200 users a baseline.
Can you post your scaling factor for roll and tilt? Im at lost for those settings
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:29 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
any thoughts on this issue im facing after new firmware update to .92?
From level when pitched forward it acts with a slight roll, not tilt. but from level pitch back is great. roll axis is fine aswell

Pretty well solved, just put min and max so i have full 180 degrees... But the roll horizon slowly drifts in flight now
video 2012 06 24 21 48 06 (0 min 15 sec)

As far as scaling goes, i found id level the center with a torpedo level, raise one side 1.5 inches (2x4) and adjust the scaling until its level.... use the single arrow big changes come from the 3 arrow. lean it over the other way after u are satisfied and do the same with a level, come back to sitting flat and check the level and adjust the center the few points it will ened to be level again, im really happy with the onboard horizon

Ad-6 av200
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Last edited by elliott000; Jun 25, 2012 at 08:33 PM.